Please help - blue screen physical memory dumping to disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

santosh_46

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
One error is coming with blue screen "Physical memory dumping to disk" for a very short peroid of time and restart autometically. when i start my hp laptop enter the passward and want to do something...

please help me who i can solve that one
thanx.

RealBeast

Titan
So you're saying that it posts and boots to the password screen okay? Have you loaded ANY new software or drivers before it started doing this?

If it boots to the password screen, use safe mode to start up -- if that works it's probably a messed up driver. You can do a repair or reinstall then if you can't figure out which driver.

RealBeast

Titan
After the safe start uninstall all of the software you installed and see if that fixes the issue -- you may need updated software to install as it may not be fully compatible.

There could be registry corruption in Windows, which would require a repair install or a complete re-installation. If you are using Windows 7 you should be able to repair it, while XP more often required more effort.

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
In my case, it was VGA first, and then PSU. I think it's tricky to find which one is a real culprit. Even if your VGA is fine, when PSU cannot provide enough power, it can be shut down. In this case, using onboard graphics may alleviate the problem temporarily. I would try a new PSU. If this solves the problem, stick with it. If the issue persists, then get a new graphics card.

RealBeast

Titan
His problem is his hp laptop, more likely software than hardware.

In the last few hundred desktops I've repaired for hardware the most common issues I saw were (1) memory, (2) psu, (3) hdd, (4) video; but far more were driver problems or incompatible software than all hardware combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.