Where are all the 9500 pro's?

Squints

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2001
I'm having trouble finding this card online from a reputable site. I bought one for myself a while back and now I cant find one for my brother. My roomate is also looking for one. Are they that much in demand??

jankphil

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
they really are in demand, ever since the 9500-->9700 mod came out, i usually try newegg.com for my stuff. GL on finding one though, also try googlegear.com

"What kind of idiot are you?"
"I don't know, what kinds are there?"

kcieslicki

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2003
I am having the same difficulty purchasing a ATI Radeon 9500 PRO. All the usual sources are out of stock, and I don't trust any unknown vendors. I just hope ATI is not altering the card to prevent any modding.

jinkies3

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2001
At newegg the 9500 pro is $197. Here is the link. I had to search to find it.

<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=14-102-256&refer=bizrate1" target="_new">http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=14-102-256&refer=bizrate1</A>

Sanity was that friend of mine that I accidentally pulled the trigger on

You heard right, and it is only the non-pros whose memory modules are arranged in an L shape on the card (mainly Saphire). So the moding would not explain the shortage as it does not affect the PRO.
However simple demand would account for it (really how many people are modding in the General public?), if you think that it's only slightly more expensive than the non pro and offer alot more performance stock, and it's 'entry-level' DX9, there's alot of reasons for high demand, why it's not being met, now that's another story. ATI underestimating demand, distribution problems (oems and retailers underestimating demand), production problems (less likely), the limited number of R300 chips being destined for the 9700 s due to greater profits. Ok those are my theories, now I just need a government grant to test my hypothesis, what do you think $50,000 or a cool $100,000?

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=red>RED</font color=red> <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> :tongue: GA to SK

kcieslicki

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2003
hey thanks for the informed, educated answer APE!!! Now what does a first time builder like myself do with an assembled pc, sans a graphics card, and with a mobo w/o onboard graphics do in the interim while I wait for the 9500 Pro is back in stock?

I've heard of peple like you. They usually own consoles. :tongue:
Just kdding, the thing is how important is it that you get it NOW. I bet there are some out there, heck I can post some Canadian sites here in Calgary that have them (mostly sapphires), but do you want to wait for them?
NCIX.com has the sapphire 9500pro for $184.00 US, I've seen a few retails around (London Drugs [yes it's a Drug store that sell Computers {they have an IWILL dual Proc. comp. as a catalogue item and on display}] , but they want a bit more for the ATI retail box version [no oems])
I think if you can't find them locally you will have to hunt the stores that ship from all over. Sorry I can't give you the magic answer, but with something like this it's usually widespread, but there's probably a few going unbought at some store right in you town, but nobody knows about them.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=red>RED</font color=red> <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> :tongue: GA to SK

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Hey Ape!

In my case I'm from Spain, but I don't mind to buy from the other side of the ocean :wink: . So if you have any online serious vendor that ships overseas just give me the link. I already try newegg and others to just realize they don't send to Europe.

Any help (and link!) will be appreciated. Thanks!

Still looking for a <b>good online retailer</b> in Spain :frown:

Wish I could help man, don't know any that for sure ship to spain, it's a customs issue.
The most serious E-tailer I know is WWW.NCIX.COM, give them a shout. Send them an email through their questions link, or in one of their forums (I suggest chose the card you want and then post a question [there's usually an empoyee who checks now and then]) You may end up paying alot after al is said and done, and may be better of buying locally. Also remember that ATI has distribution deals that sometimes restrict countries (since a specific vendor may have that region), so they may not ship because of that. The US and Canada are the same to ATI, but Europe and Asia have very specific makers/resellers.

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Thanks Ape!

I've check it and it's quite clear, no email needed:

No orders outside of North America, or shipping of items outside of North America is provided by NCIX.com
Seems my search is not ended :frown:

Still looking for a <b>good online retailer</b> in Spain :frown:

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an old ATI Rage 128 AGP card laying around if you want it. I wouldn't try to play too many games on it though, LOL.

"I'm a man armed with a fork in a land of soup."

kcieslicki

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2003
Hey squints. I just picked up a brand new, sealed 9500 Pro card on ebay for $165 plus $15 s&h. Search for user <b>mrcynik</b>

He has about three more for sale as of today @ 17:15 EST.

Buy it now option for $165, from a seller that has 800+ positive ranking. I emailed him this morning, paypaled around noon and he's shipping priority mail (2~3 days delivery time) tonight, with tracking number & insured.

I hope this helps you find one.

Squints

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2001
LOL, my roomate bought one from that guy, by the time he told me, and I called my brother to tell him, they were all sold out. He shipped it pretty fast too, he recieved it in 2 days. The "packaging" was none existent though. Just a box that was the exact size of the 9500pro box. Its working just fine though :)

edurm

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2002
Just to add a bit of information to this topic, Here in my Country (brazil) this card is quite rare, there's only one on-line store that sells it a price of U$ 245 plus mail. :)

kcieslicki

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2003
Hey squints. I just received my 9500 Pro from my ebay auction. Thankfully, it came in the regular retail box, shrinkwrapped and will all the accessories inside. You had me a bit concerned with your post about the generic box.

Anyhoo. I hope you can find one for yourself and thanks for your info.

Now I can't wait to install this baby and then play battlefield 1942 for 3 days straight.

Squints

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2001
OH MAN!, sorry my post was a little confusing. I meant that the box in which the 9500pro's retail box was in, was just barely big enough to fit the retail box. As in no peanuts or bubble wrap. Sorry if I worried you! (I think this post was confusing too :) )