Sign in with
Your question

video card for animation

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 22, 2003 1:43:05 AM

have question here about video card for graphic animation.
do i need profesional card or a regular one(i mean the card for gaming) will do?

More about : video card animation

a b U Graphics card
February 22, 2003 7:54:25 AM

That all depends on what type of animation, what type of applications you want to use and also where you plan on displaying them (how good does the final result need to be) If this is for playing around with MAYA and showing it to friends or for personal use, most modern cards should work. If you are trying to sell, or display your final product to a larger audience your level of precision will need to be higher.
The most important questions are what apps do you want to use to create your animations, who are you showing them to and why, do you still want to use the same computer to run games, and how much do you want to pay.

The types of cards you want to consider have been posted in other forums. Probably Matrox will satisfy your needs, especially if you don't know what your needs are.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=red>RED</font color=red> <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> :tongue: GA to SK
February 22, 2003 2:51:25 PM

Matrox? For animation? No, I don't think that'd be too good. IMO, get a Ti4600 and convert it to 900XGL. It should be enough.

Hilbert space is a big place.
Related resources
February 23, 2003 1:04:30 AM

how 'bout radeon? can it be converted to fire gl?
February 23, 2003 1:34:28 AM

i beleive it can, i remember seeing something on rage3d
February 23, 2003 3:01:12 PM

You got an AGP pro slot? If so and you want serious graphics get a workstation card. Matrox has some good stuff also ATI.

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!
!