Card Changes in KMW

Some existing cards are changed in Kindred Most Wanted. The changes go into
effect (for all printings of the cards) when the set is legal for play.

Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
affected.
Heart of Darkness: Changes the way the vampire treat the aggravated damage,
rather than changing the damage itself.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ wrote:
> Some existing cards are changed in Kindred Most Wanted. The changes
go into
> effect (for all printings of the cards) when the set is legal for
play.

> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.
> Heart of Darkness: Changes the way the vampire treat the aggravated
damage,
> rather than changing the damage itself.

Hmm... sounds good to me!

John

LSJ wrote:
> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

Wow... This is HUGE!!!

KMW and the 2005 rules are a revolution...

Emiliano

LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@trapwhite-wolf.com> wrote:
> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

Change approved :)

New strategy:
Step 1: Have an Inner Circle member in play. Play a few Anarch Revolts.
Step 2: Let your prey Go Anarch to avoid the damage.
Step 3: PTO the new Anarch.

Hooray!

DAMN FINE FIX!!!

and it's not wallpapered either...

id777...@gmail.com wrote:
> huzzah!
>
> i have to say that the change to AR is the best thing that could have
> been done!
> 1. anson now needs a new anarchy friend, who can be easily rushed

No, the Anson deck pretty much falls apart, since I'll take a 1-stealth
action to become an anarch and ignore those 4 ARs. The table will no
longer randomly fall apart when a stack of ARs hit the table. AR
remains useful in moderation (used unexpectedly, it can get you the
oust before your prey can get an anarch) or offensively (I can torp
your anarchs on my turn or block your go anarch action with my
intercept).

This is a really good fix.

John

Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
affected.

wahoo!

the anarchs just became (a wee bit) stronger!

gsanvic
-whose anarch deck is in the works

LSJ wrote:
> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

As sad as it is to see old-style AR decks nerfed, it will be
interesting to work the new angles offered by the new AR. Although I
would have preferred a new card rather than a transformation of an old
one.

Hmmm...stack AR until your prey goes anarch, then stack Judgement:
Camarilla Segregation? Might work...

jnewquist@difsol.com wrote:

> id777...@gmail.com wrote:
>> huzzah!
>>
>> i have to say that the change to AR is the best thing that could have
>> been done!
>> 1. anson now needs a new anarchy friend, who can be easily rushed

> No, the Anson deck pretty much falls apart, since I'll take a 1-stealth
> action to become an anarch and ignore those 4 ARs. The table will no
> longer randomly fall apart when a stack of ARs hit the table. AR
> remains useful in moderation (used unexpectedly, it can get you the
> oust before your prey can get an anarch) or offensively (I can torp
> your anarchs on my turn or block your go anarch action with my
> intercept).

Because the Anson deck never plays with Eagle's Sight.

<id777fei@gmail.com> wrote in message
> also, what is the date of legal play for KMW?

For V:EKN constructed play, 30 days from release (30 days from
Feb 21 = March 23).

--

"Frederick Scott" <nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote in message
> "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > Heart of Darkness: Changes the way the vampire treat the aggravated
damage,
> > rather than changing the damage itself.
>
> I'm not sure what practical effect this has. Clear up some rules glitch?
Make
> the card better or worse? Where does this matter?

Damage prevention that only prevents non-agg, for instance.

--

LSJ wrote:
> "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
> > Did I mention I liked it ?
>

> Consider it in trade for the absent Gio, then?

I think next time, you should make a point of pulling the Giovanni
names out of alphabetical order to the end of the list, just to make
Orpheus squawk more. :p

(And I like the change to AR, for what it's worth.)

> --
> LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.

-John Flournoy

> Oh, and by the way : not all your choices (of absences thereof) can
please
> everybody;

Nor should they. People often want things that are impractical for the
game (asking to print disproportionate numbers of Giovanni, etc.)

> I've hated some of them as much as I've loved most of your
> recents decisions. I heard people saying you do a bad job, or should
be
> replaced. And I may even say it sometimes, when my necroflask is
nearly dry.
> ;) You also can be very unnerving, online or in real life, with your
> more-than-english flegm.

PHLEGM (www.m-w.com) is defined as

a : dull or apathetic coldness or indifference
[This does not describe LSJ. He listens to what us players say, and
this especially when what we say is logical and supported.]

b : intrepid coolness or calm fortitude
[Yes. LSJ has much coolness and Superior Fortitude.]

> But all in all : you do quite well, and I really
> wouldn't like to be in your shoes. Nor do I know at the time anyone
able to
> do your job better than you.

I personally have never thought he should be replaced. However, even
among those who do get upset with a ruling, I believe the general
consensus is he is doing a great job. After all, we all vote with our
wallets, right?

-- Brian
Booster box and 4 starters of KMW on the way

LSJ wrote:
> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

This is a really nice change that doesn't detroy the card. Good job! :)

Frede

LSJ wrote:
> Some existing cards are changed in Kindred Most Wanted. The changes go into
> effect (for all printings of the cards) when the set is legal for play.
>
> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

what an elegant way to change an annoying card kudos to LSJ

stefan

LSJ wrote:

> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

Excellent way to fix this card. Me likes.

//Petri

Jozxyqk wrote:

> LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@trapwhite-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
>> affected.
>
> Change approved :)
>
> New strategy:
> Step 1: Have an Inner Circle member in play. Play a few Anarch Revolts.
> Step 2: Let your prey Go Anarch to avoid the damage.
> Step 3: PTO the new Anarch.
>
> Hooray!

I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)

//Petri

"Petri Wessman" <nospam@orava.org> wrote in message
> I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)

Google "liberty club author:LSJ"

--

: Jozxyqk wrote:
:> LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@trapwhite-wolf.com> wrote:
:>> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
:>> affected.
:> Change approved :)
:> New strategy:
:> Step 1: Have an Inner Circle member in play. Play a few Anarch Revolts.
:> Step 2: Let your prey Go Anarch to avoid the damage.
:> Step 3: PTO the new Anarch.
:> Hooray!
: I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)

And AR+rush to kill the token anarchs. AR+Fiendish Tonque..

Yup, I quite like the way it not only removes the game breaking uses and
gives more interesting ones in return.

Muchos points. I may forgive you for not fixing the grouping rules.

//T

> Muchos points. I may forgive you for not fixing the grouping rules.

What needs fixing?

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr.

<snip>
> And AR+rush to kill the token anarchs. AR+Fiendish Tonque..

and AR+intercept too

just block your prey when she uses a +1 stealth non-directed action to
become anarch

and ARs will just harm your prey and slow down everybody else (who have
to take at least a 2 blood action)

this change seems really appropriate to me
it fixes many issues in just one move
- powers down anson/anthelios/AR module
- gives a real boost to anarch decks who really needed it

well done !

Mochuda

LSJ wrote:

> "Petri Wessman" <nospam@orava.org> wrote in message
>> I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)
>
> Google "liberty club author:LSJ"

Way ahead of me, I see :). Well, that's to be expected.

I have to repeat: I really like this change. Not only does it fix an old
problem without wallpapering it, it actually opens up lots of new tactical
options with it. Very nice.

//Petri

"Mochuda" <mochuda@NO_arfe.net_SPAM> schreef in bericht
> <snip>
>> And AR+rush to kill the token anarchs. AR+Fiendish Tonque..
>
> and AR+intercept too
>
> just block your prey when she uses a +1 stealth non-directed action to
> become anarch
>
> and ARs will just harm your prey and slow down everybody else (who have to
> take at least a 2 blood action)
>
> this change seems really appropriate to me
> it fixes many issues in just one move
> - powers down anson/anthelios/AR module
> - gives a real boost to anarch decks who really needed it

you forgot: royally screws 1 cap weenie decks :)

orpheus

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005

> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

YEEEEEEAH !!!! :))))

Great.

Death to Arika, hang Anson by the noodles and let him dry in the sun.

GO ANARCHS GO !!!!!

Now we can play the game...

Did I mention I liked it ?
Orpheus