Card Changes in KMW

Some existing cards are changed in Kindred Most Wanted. The changes go into
effect (for all printings of the cards) when the set is legal for play.

Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
affected.
Heart of Darkness: Changes the way the vampire treat the aggravated damage,
rather than changing the damage itself.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

    LSJ wrote:
    > Some existing cards are changed in Kindred Most Wanted. The changes
    go into
    > effect (for all printings of the cards) when the set is legal for
    play.

    > Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    > affected.
    > Heart of Darkness: Changes the way the vampire treat the aggravated
    damage,
    > rather than changing the damage itself.

    Hmm... sounds good to me!

    John

    LSJ wrote:
    > Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    > affected.

    Wow... This is HUGE!!!

    KMW and the 2005 rules are a revolution...

    Emiliano

    LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@trapwhite-wolf.com> wrote:
    > Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    > affected.

    Change approved :)

    New strategy:
    Step 1: Have an Inner Circle member in play. Play a few Anarch Revolts.
    Step 2: Let your prey Go Anarch to avoid the damage.
    Step 3: PTO the new Anarch.

    Hooray!

    DAMN FINE FIX!!!

    and it's not wallpapered either...

    id777...@gmail.com wrote:
    > huzzah!
    >
    > i have to say that the change to AR is the best thing that could have
    > been done!
    > 1. anson now needs a new anarchy friend, who can be easily rushed

    No, the Anson deck pretty much falls apart, since I'll take a 1-stealth
    action to become an anarch and ignore those 4 ARs. The table will no
    longer randomly fall apart when a stack of ARs hit the table. AR
    remains useful in moderation (used unexpectedly, it can get you the
    oust before your prey can get an anarch) or offensively (I can torp
    your anarchs on my turn or block your go anarch action with my
    intercept).

    This is a really good fix.

    John

    Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    affected.

    wahoo!

    the anarchs just became (a wee bit) stronger!

    gsanvic
    -whose anarch deck is in the works

    LSJ wrote:
    > Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    > affected.

    As sad as it is to see old-style AR decks nerfed, it will be
    interesting to work the new angles offered by the new AR. Although I
    would have preferred a new card rather than a transformation of an old
    one.

    Hmmm...stack AR until your prey goes anarch, then stack Judgement:
    Camarilla Segregation? Might work...
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    jnewquist@difsol.com wrote:

    > id777...@gmail.com wrote:
    >> huzzah!
    >>
    >> i have to say that the change to AR is the best thing that could have
    >> been done!
    >> 1. anson now needs a new anarchy friend, who can be easily rushed

    > No, the Anson deck pretty much falls apart, since I'll take a 1-stealth
    > action to become an anarch and ignore those 4 ARs. The table will no
    > longer randomly fall apart when a stack of ARs hit the table. AR
    > remains useful in moderation (used unexpectedly, it can get you the
    > oust before your prey can get an anarch) or offensively (I can torp
    > your anarchs on my turn or block your go anarch action with my
    > intercept).

    Because the Anson deck never plays with Eagle's Sight.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    <id777fei@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > also, what is the date of legal play for KMW?

    For V:EKN constructed play, 30 days from release (30 days from
    Feb 21 = March 23).

    --
    LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
    V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
    Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Frederick Scott" <nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote in message
    > "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
    > > Heart of Darkness: Changes the way the vampire treat the aggravated
    damage,
    > > rather than changing the damage itself.
    >
    > I'm not sure what practical effect this has. Clear up some rules glitch?
    Make
    > the card better or worse? Where does this matter?

    Damage prevention that only prevents non-agg, for instance.

    --
    LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
    V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
    Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    LSJ wrote:
    > "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
    > > Did I mention I liked it ?
    >

    > Consider it in trade for the absent Gio, then?

    I think next time, you should make a point of pulling the Giovanni
    names out of alphabetical order to the end of the list, just to make
    Orpheus squawk more. :P

    (And I like the change to AR, for what it's worth.)

    > --
    > LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.

    -John Flournoy
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    > Oh, and by the way : not all your choices (of absences thereof) can
    please
    > everybody;

    Nor should they. People often want things that are impractical for the
    game (asking to print disproportionate numbers of Giovanni, etc.)

    > I've hated some of them as much as I've loved most of your
    > recents decisions. I heard people saying you do a bad job, or should
    be
    > replaced. And I may even say it sometimes, when my necroflask is
    nearly dry.
    > ;) You also can be very unnerving, online or in real life, with your
    > more-than-english flegm.

    PHLEGM (www.m-w.com) is defined as

    a : dull or apathetic coldness or indifference
    [This does not describe LSJ. He listens to what us players say, and
    this especially when what we say is logical and supported.]

    b : intrepid coolness or calm fortitude
    [Yes. LSJ has much coolness and Superior Fortitude.]

    > But all in all : you do quite well, and I really
    > wouldn't like to be in your shoes. Nor do I know at the time anyone
    able to
    > do your job better than you.

    I personally have never thought he should be replaced. However, even
    among those who do get upset with a ruling, I believe the general
    consensus is he is doing a great job. After all, we all vote with our
    wallets, right?

    -- Brian
    Booster box and 4 starters of KMW on the way
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    LSJ wrote:
    > Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    > affected.

    This is a really nice change that doesn't detroy the card. Good job! :)

    Frede
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    LSJ wrote:
    > Some existing cards are changed in Kindred Most Wanted. The changes go into
    > effect (for all printings of the cards) when the set is legal for play.
    >
    > Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    > affected.

    what an elegant way to change an annoying card kudos to LSJ

    stefan
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    LSJ wrote:

    > Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    > affected.

    Excellent way to fix this card. Me likes.

    //Petri
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Jozxyqk wrote:

    > LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@trapwhite-wolf.com> wrote:
    >> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    >> affected.
    >
    > Change approved :)
    >
    > New strategy:
    > Step 1: Have an Inner Circle member in play. Play a few Anarch Revolts.
    > Step 2: Let your prey Go Anarch to avoid the damage.
    > Step 3: PTO the new Anarch.
    >
    > Hooray!

    I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)

    //Petri
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Petri Wessman" <nospam@orava.org> wrote in message
    > I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)

    Google "liberty club author:LSJ"

    --
    LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
    V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
    Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    : Jozxyqk wrote:
    :> LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@trapwhite-wolf.com> wrote:
    :>> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    :>> affected.
    :> Change approved :)
    :> New strategy:
    :> Step 1: Have an Inner Circle member in play. Play a few Anarch Revolts.
    :> Step 2: Let your prey Go Anarch to avoid the damage.
    :> Step 3: PTO the new Anarch.
    :> Hooray!
    : I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)

    And AR+rush to kill the token anarchs. AR+Fiendish Tonque..

    Yup, I quite like the way it not only removes the game breaking uses and
    gives more interesting ones in return.

    Muchos points. I may forgive you for not fixing the grouping rules.

    //T
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    > Muchos points. I may forgive you for not fixing the grouping rules.

    What needs fixing?

    --
    Comments Welcome,
    Norman S. Brown, Jr.

    <snip>
    > And AR+rush to kill the token anarchs. AR+Fiendish Tonque..

    and AR+intercept too

    just block your prey when she uses a +1 stealth non-directed action to
    become anarch

    and ARs will just harm your prey and slow down everybody else (who have
    to take at least a 2 blood action)

    this change seems really appropriate to me
    it fixes many issues in just one move
    - powers down anson/anthelios/AR module
    - gives a real boost to anarch decks who really needed it

    well done !

    Mochuda
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    LSJ wrote:

    > "Petri Wessman" <nospam@orava.org> wrote in message
    >> I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)
    >
    > Google "liberty club author:LSJ"

    Way ahead of me, I see :). Well, that's to be expected.

    I have to repeat: I really like this change. Not only does it fix an old
    problem without wallpapering it, it actually opens up lots of new tactical
    options with it. Very nice.

    //Petri
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Mochuda" <mochuda@NO_arfe.net_SPAM> schreef in bericht
    > <snip>
    >> And AR+rush to kill the token anarchs. AR+Fiendish Tonque..
    >
    > and AR+intercept too
    >
    > just block your prey when she uses a +1 stealth non-directed action to
    > become anarch
    >
    > and ARs will just harm your prey and slow down everybody else (who have to
    > take at least a 2 blood action)
    >
    > this change seems really appropriate to me
    > it fixes many issues in just one move
    > - powers down anson/anthelios/AR module
    > - gives a real boost to anarch decks who really needed it

    you forgot: royally screws 1 cap weenie decks :)
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    > Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    > affected.

    YEEEEEEAH !!!! :))))

    Great.

    Death to Arika, hang Anson by the noodles and let him dry in the sun.

    GO ANARCHS GO !!!!!

    Now we can play the game...

    Did I mention I liked it ?
    --------------
    Orpheus
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
    > Did I mention I liked it ?

    Consider it in trade for the absent Gio, then?

    --
    LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
    V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
    Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> writes:

    > Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    > affected.

    Repeat after me:

    Best. Fix. *Ever.*

    I have never before seen fixing a problematic card generate so many new
    possibilities and strategies.

    We will see powerful, titled elders sacrificing themselves for anarch
    weenies - Arika, out of Obediences, Majesties and fortitude cards, blocking
    someone rushing Hanna Redmonds... Beautiful! :-D

    --
    hg@ "If you can't offend part of your audience,
    iki.fi there is no point in being an artist at all." -Hakim Bey

    "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    cv5eqt$shu$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
    > "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
    > > Did I mention I liked it ?
    >

    > Consider it in trade for the absent Gio, then?
    >
    > --
    > LSJ

    Ok, you're my man ! ;)

    But I still get to publish your picture from Germany... :D

    Good job, LSJ, really. Hope I get many nice surprises in K:MW.

    Oh, and by the way : not all your choices (of absences thereof) can please
    everybody ; I've hated some of them as much as I've loved most of your
    recents decisions. I heard people saying you do a bad job, or should be
    replaced. And I may even say it sometimes, when my necroflask is nearly dry.
    ;) You also can be very unnerving, online or in real life, with your
    more-than-english flegm. But all in all : you do quite well, and I really
    wouldn't like to be in your shoes. Nor do I know at the time anyone able to
    do your job better than you.

    I know you know it, but it's good to remind it sometimes...

    This being said, you'd better have concocted some good necro cards if you
    don't want to have a few really, really bad nightmares from sunday on...
    ------------
    Orpheus (not a texan's boots licker, just honest)
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    1108754657.310008.116560@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

    > LSJ wrote:
    > > "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
    > > > Did I mention I liked it ?
    > >

    > > Consider it in trade for the absent Gio, then?
    >
    > I think next time, you should make a point of pulling the Giovanni
    > names out of alphabetical order to the end of the list, just to make
    > Orpheus squawk more. :P

    GRRRRRR... You evil, evil you !!

    (where did I put that baleful doll again ?)

    Anyone got a hair of John Flournoy to spare ? Or a toenail would do.

    (that man's gonna suffer...)
    -----------
    Orpheus (kicked out of Giovanni News by a brazilian putsch ;)
  28. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:24:25 +0100, "Orpheus"
    <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote:

    >"John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >1108754657.310008.116560@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    >>
    >> LSJ wrote:
    >> > "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
    >> >

    >> > Consider it in trade for the absent Gio, then?
    >>
    >> I think next time, you should make a point of pulling the Giovanni
    >> names out of alphabetical order to the end of the list, just to make
    >> Orpheus squawk more. :P
    >
    >GRRRRRR... You evil, evil you !!
    >(where did I put that baleful doll again ?)
    >Anyone got a hair of John Flournoy to spare ? Or a toenail would do.
    >(that man's gonna suffer...)
    >-----------
    >Orpheus (kicked out of Giovanni News by a brazilian putsch ;)

    Geez. You don't know half. :)

    See the "newsletter seizure" this way. The newsletter is back and
    you're the Consiliere. And I'm as much puzzled by the absent Gio as
    you...

    necrocheers,

    Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
    V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
    Giovanni Clan Newsletter Editor
    V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
    http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Orpheus wrote:
    > GRRRRRR... You evil, evil you !!
    >
    > (where did I put that baleful doll again ?)
    >
    > Anyone got a hair of John Flournoy to spare ? Or a toenail would do.
    >
    > (that man's gonna suffer...)

    I do. I'll trade you for...mmmm...a Draught of the Soul.

    --Colin McGuigan
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    > > ;) You also can be very unnerving, online or in real life, with your
    > > more-than-english flegm.
    >
    > PHLEGM (www.m-w.com) is defined as
    >
    > a : dull or apathetic coldness or indifference
    > [This does not describe LSJ. He listens to what us players say, and
    > this especially when what we say is logical and supported.]
    >
    > b : intrepid coolness or calm fortitude
    > [Yes. LSJ has much coolness and Superior Fortitude.]

    Have you ever met him ? I'm not talking online-ness here, just real life. It
    his house was on fire, this guy would put his slippers on, take his
    favourite goldfish and walk out of the door calmly, with maybe a slight
    "sigh" at the thought of all the new rulings that are going into flames. ;)

    > > But all in all : you do quite well, and I really
    > > wouldn't like to be in your shoes. Nor do I know at the time anyone
    > able to
    > > do your job better than you.
    >
    > I personally have never thought he should be replaced. However, even
    > among those who do get upset with a ruling, I believe the general
    > consensus is he is doing a great job.

    As you know, the miscontents make themselves heard more easily and noisily
    than the content. And i have heard such comments.

    > After all, we all vote with our
    > wallets, right?

    Right to some extent. Lots of things can make a player stop playing or
    buying. And while I do approve some recent decisions on the rules side, I
    disapprove some other things, have other things of importance in my life,
    and am probably going to stop buying, progressively or abruptly, after K:MW.

    Anyway, I just wanted to make a point I felt needed be made.
    ------------
    Orpheus
  31. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Fabio "Sooner"" <fabio_sooner@NOSPAMterra.com.br> a écrit dans le message
    de news: 4tvc11phtjik1vg85s8sabbcjvt8ik6jbv@4ax.com...
    > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:24:25 +0100, "Orpheus"
    > <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote:
    >
    > >"John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > >1108754657.310008.116560@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

    > >> I think next time, you should make a point of pulling the Giovanni
    > >> names out of alphabetical order to the end of the list, just to make
    > >> Orpheus squawk more. :P
    > >
    > >GRRRRRR... You evil, evil you !!
    > >(where did I put that baleful doll again ?)
    > >Anyone got a hair of John Flournoy to spare ? Or a toenail would do.
    > >(that man's gonna suffer...)
    > >-----------
    > >Orpheus (kicked out of Giovanni News by a brazilian putsch ;)
    >
    > Geez. You don't know half. :)
    >
    > See the "newsletter seizure" this way. The newsletter is back and
    > you're the Consiliere. And I'm as much puzzled by the absent Gio as
    > you...

    Is it really necessary to say that I was kidding, necrobro ?

    Truth is : I gave the help I could, but you did a fine job and set a new
    tone for the Clan News that most people (me included) seem to have liked.

    The Samedi Newsletter was great also. We just need a HoS, and, man, are we
    ROLLING !!
    ---------------
    Orpheus, Necrohappy
  32. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:52:38 +0100, "Orpheus"
    <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote:

    >"Fabio "Sooner"" <fabio_sooner@NOSPAMterra.com.br> a écrit dans le message
    >de news: 4tvc11phtjik1vg85s8sabbcjvt8ik6jbv@4ax.com...
    >> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:24:25 +0100, "Orpheus"
    >> <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote:
    >> >Orpheus (kicked out of Giovanni News by a brazilian putsch ;)
    >>
    >> Geez. You don't know half. :)
    >>
    >> See the "newsletter seizure" this way. The newsletter is back and
    >> you're the Consiliere. And I'm as much puzzled by the absent Gio as
    >> you...
    >
    >Is it really necessary to say that I was kidding, necrobro ?

    Of course not. See the smiling ;)

    >Truth is : I gave the help I could, but you did a fine job and set a new
    >tone for the Clan News that most people (me included) seem to have liked.

    Hope so. It was very fun to write, certainly. But the best thing is to
    see it stimulating ideas to a point where someone builds a deck to see
    how it goes.

    >The Samedi Newsletter was great also. We just need a HoS, and, man, are we
    >ROLLING !!
    >---------------
    >Orpheus, Necrohappy

    And the poor Nagaraja? :-)))

    best,

    Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
    V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
    Giovanni Clan Newsletter Editor
    V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
    http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/
  33. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    > Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
    > affected.

    SUPER!

    Works well with Fiendish Tounge as well, somewhat ...

    Robert
  34. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:24:15 +0100, Mochuda <mochuda@NO_arfe.net_SPAM>
    wrote:

    ><snip>
    >> And AR+rush to kill the token anarchs. AR+Fiendish Tonque..
    >
    >and AR+intercept too
    >
    >just block your prey when she uses a +1 stealth non-directed action to
    >become anarch
    >
    >and ARs will just harm your prey and slow down everybody else (who have
    >to take at least a 2 blood action)

    except all of those people who are already playing Anarchs decks and
    have Galaric's and other things

    *grin*
  35. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:24:11 -0500, "LSJ"
    <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> scrawled:

    >"Frederick Scott" <nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote in message
    >> "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
    >> > Heart of Darkness: Changes the way the vampire treat the aggravated
    >damage,
    >> > rather than changing the damage itself.
    >>
    >> I'm not sure what practical effect this has. Clear up some rules glitch?
    >Make
    >> the card better or worse? Where does this matter?
    >

    >Damage prevention that only prevents non-agg, for instance.

    also makes rotschrek playable against a heart'd vampire? or could it
    be before....?

    salem
    http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
    (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)
  36. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:52:22 +1100, salem
    <salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >also makes rotschrek playable against a heart'd vampire? or could it
    >be before....?

    Rotschreck could be played against a vampire with Heart of Darkness
    previously. This change does not affect that.

    See section 3.5 of the FAQ:

    http://www.thelasombra.com/vtes_faq.htm

    3.5. Can Rötschreck still be played...
    Can Rötschreck still be played at long range while the reacting minion
    declares an aggravated hand strike?
    No. Cannot be used if the "attempt to use aggravated damage" is not
    applicable at the current range. The most common example is an
    aggravated hand strike done at long range.

    Can I play a Rotschrek if I am attempting to do 0 aggravated hand
    damage?
    No.

    Minion A announced his Ivory Bow as a strike, and the opposing Minion
    B played Blood Rage. Can Rötschreck be played on Minion B?
    Yes.
    Blood Rage does not resolve before the Strike Announcement phase,
    which is when you play Rotschreck, so Rotschreck can still be played.

    Can Rötschreck still be played if the opposing minion plays a Strike:
    Combat Ends?
    Yes.
    Rötschreck cares about the attempt to inflict aggravated damage, not
    whether or not the strike will successfully resolve.

    Can Rötschreck still be played if the opposing minion is treating
    aggravated damage as normal damage? What if they played a Skin of
    Night, Armor of Terra, or Adaptability?
    Yes.
    Rötschreck cares about the attempt to inflict aggravated damage, not
    whether or not the vampire receiving the damage can prevent it or
    treat it as normal damage.

    Can Rötschreck still be played if the opposing minion has a Flak
    Jacket, Leather Jacket, or some other way to prevent the damage?
    Yes.
    Rötschreck cares about the attempt to inflict aggravated damage, and
    the damage resolution stage is never reached.

    Carpe noctem.

    Lasombra

    http://www.TheLasombra.com
    Your best online source for information about V:TES.
    Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
    of booster and starter box displays.
  37. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:15:28 -0500, The Lasombra
    <TheLasombra@hotmail.com> scrawled:

    >On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:52:22 +1100, salem
    ><salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>also makes rotschrek playable against a heart'd vampire? or could it
    >>be before....?
    >
    >Rotschreck could be played against a vampire with Heart of Darkness
    >previously. This change does not affect that.

    yeah, if i had bothered to read the actual old card text, i'd have
    gotten it. i thought the change might have meant the old text was
    "opposing minions doing agg against this vampire do normal instead" or
    something. my bad. :)

    salem
    http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
    (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

Games Video Games