Card Changes in KMW

Last response: in Video Games
February 18, 2005 1:05:10 PM

Some existing cards are changed in Kindred Most Wanted. The changes go into
effect (for all printings of the cards) when the set is legal for play.

Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
affected.
Heart of Darkness: Changes the way the vampire treat the aggravated damage,
rather than changing the damage itself.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

More about : card kmw

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:05:11 PM

LSJ wrote:
> Some existing cards are changed in Kindred Most Wanted. The changes
go into
> effect (for all printings of the cards) when the set is legal for
play.

> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.
> Heart of Darkness: Changes the way the vampire treat the aggravated
damage,
> rather than changing the damage itself.

Hmm... sounds good to me!

John
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:05:11 PM

LSJ wrote:
> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

Wow... This is HUGE!!!

KMW and the 2005 rules are a revolution...

Emiliano
February 18, 2005 1:05:11 PM

LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@trapwhite-wolf.com> wrote:
> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

Change approved :)

New strategy:
Step 1: Have an Inner Circle member in play. Play a few Anarch Revolts.
Step 2: Let your prey Go Anarch to avoid the damage.
Step 3: PTO the new Anarch.

Hooray!
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:05:11 PM

DAMN FINE FIX!!!

and it's not wallpapered either...
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:05:11 PM

id777...@gmail.com wrote:
> huzzah!
>
> i have to say that the change to AR is the best thing that could have
> been done!
> 1. anson now needs a new anarchy friend, who can be easily rushed

No, the Anson deck pretty much falls apart, since I'll take a 1-stealth
action to become an anarch and ignore those 4 ARs. The table will no
longer randomly fall apart when a stack of ARs hit the table. AR
remains useful in moderation (used unexpectedly, it can get you the
oust before your prey can get an anarch) or offensively (I can torp
your anarchs on my turn or block your go anarch action with my
intercept).

This is a really good fix.

John
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:05:11 PM

Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
affected.

wahoo!

the anarchs just became (a wee bit) stronger!

gsanvic
-whose anarch deck is in the works
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:05:11 PM

LSJ wrote:
> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

As sad as it is to see old-style AR decks nerfed, it will be
interesting to work the new angles offered by the new AR. Although I
would have preferred a new card rather than a transformation of an old
one.

Hmmm...stack AR until your prey goes anarch, then stack Judgement:
Camarilla Segregation? Might work...
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:05:12 PM

jnewquist@difsol.com wrote:

> id777...@gmail.com wrote:
>> huzzah!
>>
>> i have to say that the change to AR is the best thing that could have
>> been done!
>> 1. anson now needs a new anarchy friend, who can be easily rushed

> No, the Anson deck pretty much falls apart, since I'll take a 1-stealth
> action to become an anarch and ignore those 4 ARs. The table will no
> longer randomly fall apart when a stack of ARs hit the table. AR
> remains useful in moderation (used unexpectedly, it can get you the
> oust before your prey can get an anarch) or offensively (I can torp
> your anarchs on my turn or block your go anarch action with my
> intercept).

Because the Anson deck never plays with Eagle's Sight.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:21:49 PM

<id777fei@gmail.com> wrote in message
> also, what is the date of legal play for KMW?

For V:EKN constructed play, 30 days from release (30 days from
Feb 21 = March 23).

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:24:11 PM

"Frederick Scott" <nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote in message
> "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > Heart of Darkness: Changes the way the vampire treat the aggravated
damage,
> > rather than changing the damage itself.
>
> I'm not sure what practical effect this has. Clear up some rules glitch?
Make
> the card better or worse? Where does this matter?

Damage prevention that only prevents non-agg, for instance.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 2:24:17 PM

LSJ wrote:
> "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
> > Did I mention I liked it ?
>

> Consider it in trade for the absent Gio, then?

I think next time, you should make a point of pulling the Giovanni
names out of alphabetical order to the end of the list, just to make
Orpheus squawk more. :p

(And I like the change to AR, for what it's worth.)

> --
> LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.

-John Flournoy
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 4:56:08 PM

> Oh, and by the way : not all your choices (of absences thereof) can
please
> everybody;

Nor should they. People often want things that are impractical for the
game (asking to print disproportionate numbers of Giovanni, etc.)

> I've hated some of them as much as I've loved most of your
> recents decisions. I heard people saying you do a bad job, or should
be
> replaced. And I may even say it sometimes, when my necroflask is
nearly dry.
> ;)  You also can be very unnerving, online or in real life, with your
> more-than-english flegm.

PHLEGM (www.m-w.com) is defined as

a : dull or apathetic coldness or indifference
[This does not describe LSJ. He listens to what us players say, and
this especially when what we say is logical and supported.]

b : intrepid coolness or calm fortitude
[Yes. LSJ has much coolness and Superior Fortitude.]

> But all in all : you do quite well, and I really
> wouldn't like to be in your shoes. Nor do I know at the time anyone
able to
> do your job better than you.

I personally have never thought he should be replaced. However, even
among those who do get upset with a ruling, I believe the general
consensus is he is doing a great job. After all, we all vote with our
wallets, right?

-- Brian
Booster box and 4 starters of KMW on the way
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 7:30:28 PM

LSJ wrote:
> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

This is a really nice change that doesn't detroy the card. Good job! :)

Frede
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 8:16:53 PM

LSJ wrote:
> Some existing cards are changed in Kindred Most Wanted. The changes go into
> effect (for all printings of the cards) when the set is legal for play.
>
> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

what an elegant way to change an annoying card kudos to LSJ

stefan
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 8:19:02 PM

LSJ wrote:

> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

Excellent way to fix this card. Me likes.

//Petri
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 8:30:32 PM

Jozxyqk wrote:

> LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@trapwhite-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
>> affected.
>
> Change approved :)
>
> New strategy:
> Step 1: Have an Inner Circle member in play. Play a few Anarch Revolts.
> Step 2: Let your prey Go Anarch to avoid the damage.
> Step 3: PTO the new Anarch.
>
> Hooray!

I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)

//Petri
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 8:30:33 PM

"Petri Wessman" <nospam@orava.org> wrote in message
> I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)

Google "liberty club author:LSJ"

--

: Jozxyqk wrote:
:> LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@trapwhite-wolf.com> wrote:
:>> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
:>> affected.
:> Change approved :)
:> New strategy:
:> Step 1: Have an Inner Circle member in play. Play a few Anarch Revolts.
:> Step 2: Let your prey Go Anarch to avoid the damage.
:> Step 3: PTO the new Anarch.
:> Hooray!
: I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)

And AR+rush to kill the token anarchs. AR+Fiendish Tonque..

Yup, I quite like the way it not only removes the game breaking uses and
gives more interesting ones in return.

Muchos points. I may forgive you for not fixing the grouping rules.

//T
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 8:30:34 PM

> Muchos points. I may forgive you for not fixing the grouping rules.

What needs fixing?

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr.

<snip>
> And AR+rush to kill the token anarchs. AR+Fiendish Tonque..

and AR+intercept too

just block your prey when she uses a +1 stealth non-directed action to
become anarch

and ARs will just harm your prey and slow down everybody else (who have
to take at least a 2 blood action)

this change seems really appropriate to me
it fixes many issues in just one move
- powers down anson/anthelios/AR module
- gives a real boost to anarch decks who really needed it

well done !

Mochuda
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 8:37:58 PM

LSJ wrote:

> "Petri Wessman" <nospam@orava.org> wrote in message
>> I also just discovered some actual use for Liberty Club Intrigue... ;)
>
> Google "liberty club author:LSJ"

Way ahead of me, I see :) . Well, that's to be expected.

I have to repeat: I really like this change. Not only does it fix an old
problem without wallpapering it, it actually opens up lots of new tactical
options with it. Very nice.

//Petri
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 9:50:25 PM

"Mochuda" <mochuda@NO_arfe.net_SPAM> schreef in bericht
> <snip>
>> And AR+rush to kill the token anarchs. AR+Fiendish Tonque..
>
> and AR+intercept too
>
> just block your prey when she uses a +1 stealth non-directed action to
> become anarch
>
> and ARs will just harm your prey and slow down everybody else (who have to
> take at least a 2 blood action)
>
> this change seems really appropriate to me
> it fixes many issues in just one move
> - powers down anson/anthelios/AR module
> - gives a real boost to anarch decks who really needed it

you forgot: royally screws 1 cap weenie decks :)
February 18, 2005 10:31:05 PM

> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

YEEEEEEAH !!!! :) )))

Great.

Death to Arika, hang Anson by the noodles and let him dry in the sun.

GO ANARCHS GO !!!!!

Now we can play the game...

Did I mention I liked it ?
--------------
Orpheus
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 10:31:06 PM

"Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
> Did I mention I liked it ?

Consider it in trade for the absent Gio, then?

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 11:53:58 PM

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> writes:

> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

Repeat after me:

Best. Fix. *Ever.*

I have never before seen fixing a problematic card generate so many new
possibilities and strategies.

We will see powerful, titled elders sacrificing themselves for anarch
weenies - Arika, out of Obediences, Majesties and fortitude cards, blocking
someone rushing Hanna Redmonds... Beautiful! :-D

--
hg@ "If you can't offend part of your audience,
iki.fi there is no point in being an artist at all." -Hakim Bey

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
cv5eqt$shu$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
> "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
> > Did I mention I liked it ?
>

> Consider it in trade for the absent Gio, then?
>
> --
> LSJ

Ok, you're my man ! ;)

But I still get to publish your picture from Germany... :D

Good job, LSJ, really. Hope I get many nice surprises in K:MW.

Oh, and by the way : not all your choices (of absences thereof) can please
everybody ; I've hated some of them as much as I've loved most of your
recents decisions. I heard people saying you do a bad job, or should be
replaced. And I may even say it sometimes, when my necroflask is nearly dry.
;)  You also can be very unnerving, online or in real life, with your
more-than-english flegm. But all in all : you do quite well, and I really
wouldn't like to be in your shoes. Nor do I know at the time anyone able to
do your job better than you.

I know you know it, but it's good to remind it sometimes...

This being said, you'd better have concocted some good necro cards if you
don't want to have a few really, really bad nightmares from sunday on...
------------
Orpheus (not a texan's boots licker, just honest)
February 19, 2005 12:24:25 AM

"John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1108754657.310008.116560@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> LSJ wrote:
> > "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
> > > Did I mention I liked it ?
> >

> > Consider it in trade for the absent Gio, then?
>
> I think next time, you should make a point of pulling the Giovanni
> names out of alphabetical order to the end of the list, just to make
> Orpheus squawk more. :p

GRRRRRR... You evil, evil you !!

(where did I put that baleful doll again ?)

Anyone got a hair of John Flournoy to spare ? Or a toenail would do.

(that man's gonna suffer...)
-----------
Orpheus (kicked out of Giovanni News by a brazilian putsch ;)
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 12:24:26 AM

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:24:25 +0100, "Orpheus"
<orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote:

>"John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>1108754657.310008.116560@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> LSJ wrote:
>> > "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
>> >

>> > Consider it in trade for the absent Gio, then?
>>
>> I think next time, you should make a point of pulling the Giovanni
>> names out of alphabetical order to the end of the list, just to make
>> Orpheus squawk more. :p
>
>GRRRRRR... You evil, evil you !!
>(where did I put that baleful doll again ?)
>Anyone got a hair of John Flournoy to spare ? Or a toenail would do.
>(that man's gonna suffer...)
>-----------
>Orpheus (kicked out of Giovanni News by a brazilian putsch ;)

Geez. You don't know half. :)

See the "newsletter seizure" this way. The newsletter is back and
you're the Consiliere. And I'm as much puzzled by the absent Gio as
you...

necrocheers,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Clan Newsletter Editor
V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 12:24:26 AM

Orpheus wrote:
> GRRRRRR... You evil, evil you !!
>
> (where did I put that baleful doll again ?)
>
> Anyone got a hair of John Flournoy to spare ? Or a toenail would do.
>
> (that man's gonna suffer...)

I do. I'll trade you for...mmmm...a Draught of the Soul.

--Colin McGuigan
February 19, 2005 2:48:30 AM

> > ;)  You also can be very unnerving, online or in real life, with your
> > more-than-english flegm.
>
> PHLEGM (www.m-w.com) is defined as
>
> a : dull or apathetic coldness or indifference
> [This does not describe LSJ. He listens to what us players say, and
> this especially when what we say is logical and supported.]
>
> b : intrepid coolness or calm fortitude
> [Yes. LSJ has much coolness and Superior Fortitude.]

Have you ever met him ? I'm not talking online-ness here, just real life. It
his house was on fire, this guy would put his slippers on, take his
favourite goldfish and walk out of the door calmly, with maybe a slight
"sigh" at the thought of all the new rulings that are going into flames. ;)

> > But all in all : you do quite well, and I really
> > wouldn't like to be in your shoes. Nor do I know at the time anyone
> able to
> > do your job better than you.
>
> I personally have never thought he should be replaced. However, even
> among those who do get upset with a ruling, I believe the general
> consensus is he is doing a great job.

As you know, the miscontents make themselves heard more easily and noisily
than the content. And i have heard such comments.

> After all, we all vote with our
> wallets, right?

Right to some extent. Lots of things can make a player stop playing or
buying. And while I do approve some recent decisions on the rules side, I
disapprove some other things, have other things of importance in my life,
and am probably going to stop buying, progressively or abruptly, after K:MW.

Anyway, I just wanted to make a point I felt needed be made.
------------
Orpheus
February 19, 2005 2:52:38 AM

"Fabio "Sooner"" <fabio_sooner@NOSPAMterra.com.br> a écrit dans le message
de news: 4tvc11phtjik1vg85s8sabbcjvt8ik6jbv@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:24:25 +0100, "Orpheus"
> <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote:
>
> >"John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> >1108754657.310008.116560@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> >> I think next time, you should make a point of pulling the Giovanni
> >> names out of alphabetical order to the end of the list, just to make
> >> Orpheus squawk more. :p
> >
> >GRRRRRR... You evil, evil you !!
> >(where did I put that baleful doll again ?)
> >Anyone got a hair of John Flournoy to spare ? Or a toenail would do.
> >(that man's gonna suffer...)
> >-----------
> >Orpheus (kicked out of Giovanni News by a brazilian putsch ;)
>
> Geez. You don't know half. :)
>
> See the "newsletter seizure" this way. The newsletter is back and
> you're the Consiliere. And I'm as much puzzled by the absent Gio as
> you...

Is it really necessary to say that I was kidding, necrobro ?

Truth is : I gave the help I could, but you did a fine job and set a new
tone for the Clan News that most people (me included) seem to have liked.

The Samedi Newsletter was great also. We just need a HoS, and, man, are we
ROLLING !!
---------------
Orpheus, Necrohappy
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 2:52:39 AM

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:52:38 +0100, "Orpheus"
<orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote:

>"Fabio "Sooner"" <fabio_sooner@NOSPAMterra.com.br> a écrit dans le message
>de news: 4tvc11phtjik1vg85s8sabbcjvt8ik6jbv@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:24:25 +0100, "Orpheus"
>> <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote:
>> >Orpheus (kicked out of Giovanni News by a brazilian putsch ;)
>>
>> Geez. You don't know half. :)
>>
>> See the "newsletter seizure" this way. The newsletter is back and
>> you're the Consiliere. And I'm as much puzzled by the absent Gio as
>> you...
>
>Is it really necessary to say that I was kidding, necrobro ?

Of course not. See the smiling ;)

>Truth is : I gave the help I could, but you did a fine job and set a new
>tone for the Clan News that most people (me included) seem to have liked.

Hope so. It was very fun to write, certainly. But the best thing is to
see it stimulating ideas to a point where someone builds a deck to see
how it goes.

>The Samedi Newsletter was great also. We just need a HoS, and, man, are we
>ROLLING !!
>---------------
>Orpheus, Necrohappy

And the poor Nagaraja? :-)))

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Clan Newsletter Editor
V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 4:35:33 AM

> Anarch Revolt: Only Methuselahs who do not control ready Anarchs are
> affected.

SUPER!

Works well with Fiendish Tounge as well, somewhat ...

Robert
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 6:35:36 AM

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:24:15 +0100, Mochuda <mochuda@NO_arfe.net_SPAM>
wrote:

><snip>
>> And AR+rush to kill the token anarchs. AR+Fiendish Tonque..
>
>and AR+intercept too
>
>just block your prey when she uses a +1 stealth non-directed action to
>become anarch
>
>and ARs will just harm your prey and slow down everybody else (who have
>to take at least a 2 blood action)

except all of those people who are already playing Anarchs decks and
have Galaric's and other things

*grin*
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 10:52:22 PM

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:24:11 -0500, "LSJ"
<vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> scrawled:

>"Frederick Scott" <nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote in message
>> "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
>> > Heart of Darkness: Changes the way the vampire treat the aggravated
>damage,
>> > rather than changing the damage itself.
>>
>> I'm not sure what practical effect this has. Clear up some rules glitch?
>Make
>> the card better or worse? Where does this matter?
>

>Damage prevention that only prevents non-agg, for instance.

also makes rotschrek playable against a heart'd vampire? or could it
be before....?

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 1:15:28 AM

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:52:22 +1100, salem
<salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>also makes rotschrek playable against a heart'd vampire? or could it
>be before....?

Rotschreck could be played against a vampire with Heart of Darkness
previously. This change does not affect that.

See section 3.5 of the FAQ:

http://www.thelasombra.com/vtes_faq.htm

3.5. Can Rötschreck still be played...
Can Rötschreck still be played at long range while the reacting minion
declares an aggravated hand strike?
No. Cannot be used if the "attempt to use aggravated damage" is not
applicable at the current range. The most common example is an
aggravated hand strike done at long range.

Can I play a Rotschrek if I am attempting to do 0 aggravated hand
damage?
No.

Minion A announced his Ivory Bow as a strike, and the opposing Minion
B played Blood Rage. Can Rötschreck be played on Minion B?
Yes.
Blood Rage does not resolve before the Strike Announcement phase,
which is when you play Rotschreck, so Rotschreck can still be played.

Can Rötschreck still be played if the opposing minion plays a Strike:
Combat Ends?
Yes.
Rötschreck cares about the attempt to inflict aggravated damage, not
whether or not the strike will successfully resolve.

Can Rötschreck still be played if the opposing minion is treating
aggravated damage as normal damage? What if they played a Skin of
Night, Armor of Terra, or Adaptability?
Yes.
Rötschreck cares about the attempt to inflict aggravated damage, not
whether or not the vampire receiving the damage can prevent it or
treat it as normal damage.

Can Rötschreck still be played if the opposing minion has a Flak
Jacket, Leather Jacket, or some other way to prevent the damage?
Yes.
Rötschreck cares about the attempt to inflict aggravated damage, and
the damage resolution stage is never reached.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 1:08:04 AM

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:15:28 -0500, The Lasombra
<TheLasombra@hotmail.com> scrawled:

>On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:52:22 +1100, salem
><salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>also makes rotschrek playable against a heart'd vampire? or could it
>>be before....?
>
>Rotschreck could be played against a vampire with Heart of Darkness
>previously. This change does not affect that.

yeah, if i had bothered to read the actual old card text, i'd have
gotten it. i thought the change might have meant the old text was
"opposing minions doing agg against this vampire do normal instead" or
something. my bad. :)

!