[DECK] Rage of Mages

Deck Name : Rage of Mages
Author : Norman S Brown
Description : This is a weenie THA Anarch deck. It revolves around
Loose Cannon. The really neat thing is that if you have a vampire with
2 blood and you bleed with Loose Cannon and play Bear Baiting, you can
then order the 2 blood gained from Loose Cannon be gained by your
vampire before you potentially take the damage from Bear Baiting. So
it is an opportunity to get a cheap pulse if you get lucky.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 5 average: 3.09

1x Alejandro Aguirre 5 ani aus dom tha !Tremere:3
1x Pieter van Dorn 4 dom pre tha Tremere:3
1x Richard Tauber, Ay 4 AUS tha !Tremere:2
1x Thelonius 4 aus dom tha !Tremere:2
1x Blythe Candeleria 3 THA aus Tremere:2
1x Brooke 3 dom tha !Tremere:2
1x Ehrich Weiss 3 dom tha Tremere:3
1x Masika St. John 3 THA Tremere:3
1x Hanna Redmonds 2 obf tha Caitiff:3
1x Heinrick Schlempt 2 tha !Tremere:2
1x Jacob, The Glitch 2 THA !Tremere:3
1x Magdelena Schaefer 2 THA Caitiff:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [9]
5x Computer Hacking
4x Go Anarch

Action Modifier [21]
3x Bear-Baiting
9x Conditioning
9x Loose Cannon

Combat [26]
12x Fake Out
14x Theft of Vitae

Master [20]
1x Anarch Free Press, The
4x Anarch Revolt
4x Blood Doll
4x Effective Management
5x Galaric's Legacy
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
1x Tremere Convocation

Reaction [14]
8x Deflection
6x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Fri Feb 18 10:42:02 2005]

Now onto some more shameless self-promotion.....

THE SOUTH CENTRAL QUALIFIER

It is being held at the Days Inn- Lafayette on April 9th, 2005 at
12:30 PM . Ask for the South Central Qualifer and you will get a room
rate of $40 per night.

Days Inn Lafayette
337 237-8880
1620 N University Ave
Lafayette, LA

If we get 10 rooms then the conference room is free and the $5 dollar
entry fee will go to buy pizza from our favorite pizzaria Deano's, home

of the famous Crawfish Deano pizza and the Marie Laveaux Crabmeat Pizza

(normal toppings are availible)

It is just a short hop from the Lafayette Regional Airport (LFT) where
very affordable flights are to be found on Expedia.

Albany, New York to LFT $288
Atlanta to LFT $278 (non-stop)
Austin to LFT $248
Boston to LFT $288
Charlotte to LFT $268
Chicago to LFT $288
Los Angeles to LFT $350
Raleigh-Durham to LFT $246
San Fransisco to LFT $370
Milwaukee to LFT $236
NYC to LFT $284

On Sunday, for those of you who want more action, we will be running a
KMW draft for extra punchiness!

So if you want to have a good time or want some "newsgroup vengance"
then fly on down. We are going to have a great time!

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot

X_Zealot@cox-internet.com wrote:
> Deck Name : Rage of Mages
> Author : Norman S Brown
> Description : This is a weenie THA Anarch deck. It revolves around
> Loose Cannon. The really neat thing is that if you have a vampire
with
> 2 blood and you bleed with Loose Cannon and play Bear Baiting, you
can
> then order the 2 blood gained from Loose Cannon be gained by your
> vampire before you potentially take the damage from Bear Baiting. So
> it is an opportunity to get a cheap pulse if you get lucky.

Play it, but don't expect anyone to block a Loose Cannon action - it's
a rare occurence IME.

> Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 5 average: 3.09
>
> 1x Alejandro Aguirre 5 ani aus dom tha !Tremere:3
> 1x Pieter van Dorn 4 dom pre tha Tremere:3
> 1x Richard Tauber, Ay 4 AUS tha !Tremere:2
> 1x Thelonius 4 aus dom tha !Tremere:2
> 1x Blythe Candeleria 3 THA aus Tremere:2
> 1x Brooke 3 dom tha !Tremere:2
> 1x Ehrich Weiss 3 dom tha Tremere:3
> 1x Masika St. John 3 THA Tremere:3
> 1x Hanna Redmonds 2 obf tha Caitiff:3
> 1x Heinrick Schlempt 2 tha !Tremere:2
> 1x Jacob, The Glitch 2 THA !Tremere:3
> 1x Magdelena Schaefer 2 THA Caitiff:2
>

> Library [90 cards]
>
> Action [9]
> 5x Computer Hacking
> 4x Go Anarch

I have a hard time seeing this go through since you play it before
Loose Cannon is an option. I would play more Galaric's Legacy. Let us
know how it works.

> Action Modifier [21]
> 3x Bear-Baiting
> 9x Conditioning
> 9x Loose Cannon

Very nice! Playtest might show that you need fewer Loose Cannon.
Don't expect to be blocked and gain 2 blood :)

> Combat [26]
> 12x Fake Out
> 14x Theft of Vitae

This is a bit confusing to me. Why not play Diversion? Also, if you
have the cards, you could replace up to half the Fake Out with High
Ground for its ability to cycle your hand in combat.

> Master [20]
> 1x Anarch Free Press, The
> 4x Anarch Revolt
> 4x Blood Doll
> 4x Effective Management
> 5x Galaric's Legacy
> 1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
> 1x Tremere Convocation

Tremere Convocation seems like a waste, but it would be a great place
to insert a Society of Leopold with all that blood-theft you plan on!

I love the use of Anarch Revolt, but you do not have a way from
stopping your prey from going Anarch. That might cause your AR to be a
nuisance cross-table instead.

> Reaction [14]
> 8x Deflection
> 6x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Standard issue. But now that I see all this Dominate I would try to
squeeze in at least one more dom tha minion in the crypt to support
these 17 vital library cards.

I wish you the best of luck in all your Tremere-related endeavors ^_^

Dorrinal Blackmantle
Chronicler of Clan Tremere

"Dorrinal Blackmantle" <dorrinal@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> X_Zealot@cox-internet.com wrote:
>> Deck Name : Rage of Mages
>> Author : Norman S Brown
>> Description : This is a weenie THA Anarch deck. It revolves around
>> Loose Cannon. The really neat thing is that if you have a vampire
> with
>> 2 blood and you bleed with Loose Cannon and play Bear Baiting, you
> can
>> then order the 2 blood gained from Loose Cannon be gained by your
>> vampire before you potentially take the damage from Bear Baiting. So
>> it is an opportunity to get a cheap pulse if you get lucky.
>>

> Play it, but don't expect anyone to block a Loose Cannon action - it's
> a rare occurence IME.

And that is okay, as you have computer hacks and conditionings to
"encourage" them to bite the bullet.

>> Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 5 average: 3.09
>>
>> 1x Alejandro Aguirre 5 ani aus dom tha !Tremere:3
>> 1x Pieter van Dorn 4 dom pre tha Tremere:3
>> 1x Richard Tauber, Ay 4 AUS tha !Tremere:2
>> 1x Thelonius 4 aus dom tha !Tremere:2
>> 1x Blythe Candeleria 3 THA aus Tremere:2
>> 1x Brooke 3 dom tha !Tremere:2
>> 1x Ehrich Weiss 3 dom tha Tremere:3
>> 1x Masika St. John 3 THA Tremere:3
>> 1x Hanna Redmonds 2 obf tha Caitiff:3
>> 1x Heinrick Schlempt 2 tha !Tremere:2
>> 1x Jacob, The Glitch 2 THA !Tremere:3
>> 1x Magdelena Schaefer 2 THA Caitiff:2
>>

>> Library [90 cards]
>>
>> Action [9]
>> 5x Computer Hacking
>> 4x Go Anarch
>
> I have a hard time seeing this go through since you play it before
> Loose Cannon is an option. I would play more Galaric's Legacy. Let us
> know how it works.

In my experience, using weenie anarchs that the Go Anarch usually works
well. It lets you create multiple anarchs in one turn which is important to
any anarch deck.

>> Action Modifier [21]
>> 3x Bear-Baiting
>> 9x Conditioning
>> 9x Loose Cannon
>
> Very nice! Playtest might show that you need fewer Loose Cannon.
> Don't expect to be blocked and gain 2 blood :)

That works for me. I will pay 1 blood every time for an unblockable bleed.

>> Combat [26]
>> 12x Fake Out
>> 14x Theft of Vitae
>
> This is a bit confusing to me. Why not play Diversion? Also, if you
> have the cards, you could replace up to half the Fake Out with High
> Ground for its ability to cycle your hand in combat.

Diversion is okay if you can spread it accross multiple disciplines, but
Theft is strictly better IMHO for Thaumaturgy. No worries about not having
a combat card to play when your Go Anarch action is blocked.

>> Master [20]
>> 1x Anarch Free Press, The
>> 4x Anarch Revolt
>> 4x Blood Doll
>> 4x Effective Management
>> 5x Galaric's Legacy
>> 1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
>> 1x Tremere Convocation
>
> Tremere Convocation seems like a waste, but it would be a great place
> to insert a Society of Leopold with all that blood-theft you plan on!

hmm, sounds good.

> I love the use of Anarch Revolt, but you do not have a way from
> stopping your prey from going Anarch. That might cause your AR to be a
> nuisance cross-table instead.

The more blood my prey loses then the better. That is 2 less blood that
they can blood doll back and a tapped minion they can't block with. Also,
it is not like I am going to have a bunch of AR's in play.

>> Reaction [14]
>> 8x Deflection
>> 6x Wake with Evening's Freshness
>
> Standard issue. But now that I see all this Dominate I would try to
> squeeze in at least one more dom tha minion in the crypt to support
> these 17 vital library cards.

I was thinking of stapling Dominate skill cards to my minions, then dropped
it in favor of something else.

> I wish you the best of luck in all your Tremere-related endeavors ^_^

Thanks! I love 'em.

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr.

pdb6@lightlink.com wrote:

> Wise ass.

Knew you'd cave. :)

--

David Cherryholmes
david.cherryholmes@gmail.com

"OK. So be it. It's not my view, but whatever makes you
happy, right? I'm all about making you happy, Dave. :)"

-- LSJ, V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.

"Matthew T. Morgan" <farquar@io.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 X_Zealot@cox-internet.com wrote:
>
>> Deck Name : Rage of Mages
>> Author : Norman S Brown
>> Description : This is a weenie THA Anarch deck. It revolves around
>> Loose Cannon. The really neat thing is that if you have a vampire with
>> 2 blood and you bleed with Loose Cannon and play Bear Baiting, you can
>> then order the 2 blood gained from Loose Cannon be gained by your
>> vampire before you potentially take the damage from Bear Baiting. So
>> it is an opportunity to get a cheap pulse if you get lucky.
>
> I've got a similar deck that I've played half a dozen times with some
> success so far, so I'll give you a few comments.

Cool.

>> Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 5 average: 3.09
>>
>> 1x Alejandro Aguirre 5 ani aus dom tha !Tremere:3
>> 1x Pieter van Dorn 4 dom pre tha Tremere:3
>> 1x Richard Tauber, Ay 4 AUS tha !Tremere:2
>> 1x Thelonius 4 aus dom tha !Tremere:2
>> 1x Blythe Candeleria 3 THA aus Tremere:2
>> 1x Brooke 3 dom tha !Tremere:2
>> 1x Ehrich Weiss 3 dom tha Tremere:3
>> 1x Masika St. John 3 THA Tremere:3
>> 1x Hanna Redmonds 2 obf tha Caitiff:3
>> 1x Heinrick Schlempt 2 tha !Tremere:2
>> 1x Jacob, The Glitch 2 THA !Tremere:3
>> 1x Magdelena Schaefer 2 THA Caitiff:2
>
> My deck uses dom/tha guys (everyone has dom and tha) so the capacity is a
> little higher, but the minions also pack a bit more punch. I've been
> thinking to switching it to a smaller Hack deck, but haven't bothered so
> far. This might be the way to go just because weenies are gooder.

I am working on ways of making weenies more resilient (cringe...)

> My crypt is also 1/2, which I think is slightly better for weenie dom/tha.

Yep, I agree

>> Library [90 cards]
>>
>> Action [9]
>> 5x Computer Hacking
>> 4x Go Anarch
>
> I'd rather have Galaric's and Seattle Committee than Go Anarch unless
> you've got a very low intercept environment.

I play non-anarch combat. If I get blocked then I can fight back.

>> Action Modifier [21]
>> 3x Bear-Baiting
>
> Let me know if this works. Seems like it shouldn't, but ya never know.

It really should not, but if you can pull it off with a 4 or 5 cap then you
have a pretty good chance of making it pop!

>> 9x Conditioning
>> 9x Loose Cannon
>
> 9 Conditionings that only 5 of your guys can play? That doesn't seem like
> great math. I'd probably swap the Hack/Conditioning ratio or put more
> guys with dom in.

or maybe bolt on some Dominate skill cards.

> Change of Target is also kind of a good option with Loose Cannon. You can
> make your prey blow a Wake, steal 2 blood and then not even give him the
> satisfaction of getting to pound on you.

Change of Targe is great. I have been getting alot of mileage out of
Crocodiles Tounge and Change of Target.

>> Combat [26]
>> 12x Fake Out
>> 14x Theft of Vitae
>
> Diversion is hot! It's great in a deck where you don't need to win every
> fight and sometimes your enemy will devote a pile of cards only to be
> foiled by a maneuver. Also, I run a couple Burst of Sunlight. Your guys
> are usually more expendable then whoever they might be fighting, so the
> Bursts can be a nice surprise.

I am trying to keep my weenies alive and grind down my prey. So burst
doesn't really fit into this theory, also Thefts work better with sup THA
and can be used when you are blocked with the Go Anarch action.

>> Master [20]
>> 1x Anarch Free Press, The
>> 4x Anarch Revolt
>> 4x Blood Doll
>> 4x Effective Management
>> 5x Galaric's Legacy
>> 1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
>> 1x Tremere Convocation
>
> The Anarch Revolts are probably a good idea (for another 33 days anyway).

Actually, I built the deck with the new ruling in mind. I put out an Anarch
or 2 and my prey taps a minion and burns 2 blood in front of my weenie
Computer Hack/Conditioning horde. It's almost like cutting off your nose to
spite your face.

> I find I have trouble grabbing the last couple pool because my prey tends
> to wall early when he sees 5 guys with dom behind him. You might want
> Arcane Library or Chantry. I run 7 Galarics and 2 Seattle Committee and I
> still have to go anarch cardlessly sometimes! Still, it's nice having
> those extras later on when you have Powerbase: Los Angeles out.

I'll let you know. :)

>> Reaction [14]
>> 8x Deflection
>> 6x Wake with Evening's Freshness
>
> It's a fun deck, but the problem is you don't actually have block denial.
> You just make it annoying to block you. Like I mentioned before, I find
> that my prey will usually wall early, even if I haven't done much because
> he assumes (correctly) that every bleed will be for 3. I also find that
> the Loose Cannon actions get blocked a lot more than you might expect.
> People would rather lose 3 blood from a minion than 3 pool.
>
> I'm not really sure how to solve these problems. My deck is pretty good
> at getting 1 VP, but seems to run out of gas after that (last two times
> I've played I've gotten a VP and then the table has gone to time). I've
> always felt that what the deck really needs to be successful is some
> lunatic at my right chucking gigantic stealth bleeds at me. I haven't had
> any such luck as of yet.

The Anarch Revolts are just what you need if a time limit is interfering
with your fun. Also with the new ruling, you will be completely immune to
their effect. That in itself is a big part of my deck design.

X_Zealot@cox-internet.com writes:

> Deck Name : Rage of Mages

> Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 5 average: 3.09

> Action Modifier [21]
> 3x Bear-Baiting

You have a crypt of average capacity 3, max capacity 5, and you play
Bear-Baiting? Can it really work in practise?

--
hg@ "If you can't offend part of your audience,
iki.fi there is no point in being an artist at all." -Hakim Bey

""Janne Hägglund"" <hg@iki.fi.remove.these.invalid> wrote in message
> X_Zealot@cox-internet.com writes:
>
>> Deck Name : Rage of Mages
>
>> Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 5 average: 3.09
>
>> Action Modifier [21]
>> 3x Bear-Baiting
>
> You have a crypt of average capacity 3, max capacity 5, and you play
> Bear-Baiting? Can it really work in practise?

Let's say you have an anarch Hanna Redmond with 2 blood who is bleeding you
with a Computer Hacking, but also with a Loose Cannon. You can take the
bullet for 2 or you can block and have Hanna Redmond steal two off of one of
your minions.

Most players would try to block this, right? If they block then you can
play Bear Baiting.

Two things will happen

1) they draw a 3 cap or higher vampire then Hanna Redmond steals two blood
off of one of their minions then takes 1 damage from the failed Bear Baiting
leaving her at 1 blood [(((2-1)-1)+2)-1=1]. Potentially, with luck she
could survive the ensuing combat and be at full capacity. The flip side is
that she might be in torpor after the opposing minion loses 1 blood. Net
result, prey loses 3 blood.

Or,

2) They draw a 1 or 2 cap and now Hanna Redmond steals two blood off of
another of your vampires and gets +2 bleed. Turning her into a very potent
threat. Net result prey loses 2 blood and one of your minions gets +2 bleed
against them.

It is theoretically right now, I will let you know how it does.

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr.

"XZealot" <x_zealot@cox-internet.com> writes:

> ""Janne Hägglund"" <hg@iki.fi.remove.these.invalid> wrote in message
> > You have a crypt of average capacity 3, max capacity 5, and you play
> > Bear-Baiting? Can it really work in practise?
>
> Let's say you have an anarch Hanna Redmond with 2 blood who is bleeding you
> with a Computer Hacking, but also with a Loose Cannon.

Now I see. Because Loose Cannon steals two blood, you can easily afford to
have Bear-Baiting fail - it won't be *your* blood that's burned. Clever and
fiendish, just the way it should be.