Any 600m or 700m laptop owners here?

Im thinking abt buying a laptop

Thinking abt the 600 m or 700 m

Anyone have some advice or real life experience with
either model?

They are both pretty pricey
7 answers Last reply
More about 600m 700m laptop owners here

    <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Im thinking abt buying a laptop
    >
    > Thinking abt the 600 m or 700 m
    >
    > Anyone have some advice or real life experience with
    > either model?
    >
    > They are both pretty pricey

    I have a 700m and am very happy with it. I wouldn't recommend it as a
    primary computer because of the small screen and keyboard, but it works well
    as a small portable to be used away from home. It's very small and light,
    and the build quality is quite good, better than the 600m IMO.

    >I have a 700m and am very happy with it. I wouldn't recommend it as a
    >primary computer because of the small screen and keyboard, but it works well
    >as a small portable to be used away from home. It's very small and light,
    >and the build quality is quite good, better than the 600m IMO.

    Hmmm..... OK

    I WAS gonna use it as a primary machine..... glad you
    brought that up.

    So what would your recommend as a sort of desktop
    replacement for a student? Something to use at home
    on the desk..... but can also go to the coffee shop as
    well?

    I thought the 600m or 700m were perfect for the above
    usage. No?

    > >I have a 700m and am very happy with it. I wouldn't recommend it as a
    >>primary computer because of the small screen and keyboard, but it works
    >>well
    >>as a small portable to be used away from home. It's very small and light,
    >>and the build quality is quite good, better than the 600m IMO.
    >
    > Hmmm..... OK
    >
    > I WAS gonna use it as a primary machine..... glad you
    > brought that up.
    >
    > So what would your recommend as a sort of desktop
    > replacement for a student? Something to use at home
    > on the desk..... but can also go to the coffee shop as
    > well?
    >
    > I thought the 600m or 700m were perfect for the above
    > usage. No?

    Hmm... a desktop replacment the 700m is not. The major things that would
    prevent me from using it as a primary machine are the smallish screen
    (12.1"), the 90%-size keyboard, and the use of integrated video. As a
    student, you will probably want to play some 3D games on your machine, and
    the 700m's integrated video makes it pretty slow for games.

    The 600m is probably a good choice for your situation. It is relatively
    light (~5 lbs), has a larger screen (14.1"), and has a decent video card
    (Mobility Radeon 9000).

    You might also want to look at the Inspiron 9200 for a true desktop
    replacement. It is quite heavy at ~8 lbs., but it has a big 17" widescreen
    display and a nice design.

    I have the 600m and love it. I've used a 700m as well and it's an excellent
    machine but I also wouldn't want to use it as a primary machine because of
    the smaller keyboard and screen. It is very portable however and light
    which I love. The 600m is a compromise between being portable and being an
    at home machine. I use it for about 70% at a desk at home and 30% around
    town and at work and it's not too heavy to carry around. If you just want a
    laptop that you don't plan to move much then I'd also look at the larger and
    heavier inspirons as suggested.

    "Eddie Aftandilian" <aftandilian@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> >I have a 700m and am very happy with it. I wouldn't recommend it as a
    >>>primary computer because of the small screen and keyboard, but it works
    >>>well
    >>>as a small portable to be used away from home. It's very small and
    >>>light,
    >>>and the build quality is quite good, better than the 600m IMO.
    >>
    >> Hmmm..... OK
    >>
    >> I WAS gonna use it as a primary machine..... glad you
    >> brought that up.
    >>
    >> So what would your recommend as a sort of desktop
    >> replacement for a student? Something to use at home
    >> on the desk..... but can also go to the coffee shop as
    >> well?
    >>
    >> I thought the 600m or 700m were perfect for the above
    >> usage. No?
    >
    > Hmm... a desktop replacment the 700m is not. The major things that would
    > prevent me from using it as a primary machine are the smallish screen
    > (12.1"), the 90%-size keyboard, and the use of integrated video. As a
    > student, you will probably want to play some 3D games on your machine, and
    > the 700m's integrated video makes it pretty slow for games.
    >
    > The 600m is probably a good choice for your situation. It is relatively
    > light (~5 lbs), has a larger screen (14.1"), and has a decent video card
    > (Mobility Radeon 9000).
    >
    > You might also want to look at the Inspiron 9200 for a true desktop
    > replacement. It is quite heavy at ~8 lbs., but it has a big 17"
    > widescreen display and a nice design.

    >The 600m is probably a good choice for your situation. It is relatively
    >light (~5 lbs), has a larger screen (14.1"), and has a decent video card
    >(Mobility Radeon 9000).

    Hmm... yes that does sound like a better fit for me

    >You might also want to look at the Inspiron 9200 for a true desktop
    >replacement. It is quite heavy at ~8 lbs., but it has a big 17" widescreen
    >display and a nice design.

    Will look into this unit as well

    >The 600m is a compromise between being portable and being an
    >at home machine. I use it for about 70% at a desk at home and 30% around
    >town and at work and it's not too heavy to carry around. If you just want a
    >laptop that you don't plan to move much then I'd also look at the larger and
    >heavier inspirons as suggested.

    Thanks for advice!

    Sounds like the 600m might do me.....as your usage
    sounds like my intended usage pattern.

    But I will look at the Inspirons too.

    Any other brands of laptops I should look at that are
    similar to 600m in design?

    Anything from say Toshiba? Other companies?

    me,
    I not that impressed with Toshiba, if not a Dell I'd look at IBM. IMHO
    Paul

    <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    snipped

    > Anything from say Toshiba? Other companies?

Dell Laptops Computers