Cannot connect from work laptop to home network

I just received an IBM ThinkPad T42 with built-in
wireless, from work. I took the laptop home and did a
search for wireless networks. It found my home wireless
network, but when I tried to connect to it, I received the
following message: "Unable to connect to the selected
wireless network. You may need to configure your system
to support the authentication method that is in use.
Contact your network administrator." Any ideas on how I
can remedy this?

Ray
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot connect work laptop home network

    What type of encryption are you using on the home LAN? You need to feed the
    laptop your encryption code to be able to access the LAN. If you have
    further issues, please post to one of the general networking newsgroups.
    This newsgroup supports Microsoft Broadband Networking hardware and software
    only, not networking issues in general.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Ray Donahue" <ray.donahue@matrixone.com> wrote in message
    >I just received an IBM ThinkPad T42 with built-in
    > wireless, from work. I took the laptop home and did a
    > search for wireless networks. It found my home wireless
    > network, but when I tried to connect to it, I received the
    > following message: "Unable to connect to the selected
    > wireless network. You may need to configure your system
    > to support the authentication method that is in use.
    > Contact your network administrator." Any ideas on how I
    > can remedy this?
    >
    > Ray

Routers Wireless Laptops Connection Networking