Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[DECK] Uglies Fight Back

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 6:00:17 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

hey all,

more comments, please? here's my very first deck. i've resigned myself
to fortitude cards as the bane of this deck's existence. and the fact
that it's hard to oust with this. or is it the way i play it? TIA.

oh yeah, a note on the crypt. i just love them uglies. as far as clan
goes, i'm not willing to put in any from another clan. part of the
theme. :) 


Deck Name: Uglies Fight Back
Description: POT/ANI combat deck.
Crows, Torn Signpost, DotB, IG, Undead Strength, Taste, Disarm,
Decapitate.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 16, Max: 26, Avg: 5.42)
----------------------------------------------
1 Beast ani cel OBF POT 7, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
2 Ox ANI OBF POT 6, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
1 Gerard Rafin ani for OBF POT 6, Nosferatu:3
1 Sundown ANI POT obf pre 6, Nosferatu:3
1 Amelia ani obf POT 5, Nosferatu:3
1 Darva Felispa ani pot 3, Nosferatu:3
1 Christanius Lionel ANI OBF pot 6, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
1 Kendrick ANI aus obf POT 7, Nosferatu Antitribu:2,
Priscus
2 Nigel the Shunned ANI obf POT 5, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
1 Tommy ani pot 3, Nosferatu Antitribu:2

Library: (89 cards)
-------------------
Master (15 cards)
1 Animalism
1 Antediluvian Awakening
5 Blood Doll
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
2 Fame
2 Haven Uncovered
1 Nosferatu Kingdom
1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
1 Sudden Reversal

Action (18 cards)
5 Ambush
2 Army of Rats
5 Bum's Rush
4 Computer Hacking
2 Rampage

Reaction (4 cards)
4 Forced Awakening

Combat (49 cards)
6 Carrion Crows
1 Decapitate
1 Disarm
8 Drawing Out the Beast
10 Immortal Grapple
1 Pulled Fangs
4 Taste of Vitae
2 Terror Frenzy
8 Torn Signpost
8 Undead Strength

Retainer (1 cards)
1 Tasha Morgan

Equipment (2 cards)
2 .44 Magnum

More about : deck uglies fight back

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 12:18:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

gsanvic wrote:

> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 16, Max: 26, Avg: 5.42)
> ----------------------------------------------
> 1 Beast ani cel OBF POT 7, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
> 2 Ox ANI OBF POT 6, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
> 1 Gerard Rafin ani for OBF POT 6, Nosferatu:3
> 1 Sundown ANI POT obf pre 6, Nosferatu:3
> 1 Amelia ani obf POT 5, Nosferatu:3
> 1 Darva Felispa ani pot 3, Nosferatu:3
> 1 Christanius Lionel ANI OBF pot 6, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
> 1 Kendrick ANI aus obf POT 7, Nosferatu Antitribu:2,
> 2 Nigel the Shunned ANI obf POT 5, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
> 1 Tommy ani pot 3, Nosferatu Antitribu:2

Looks pretty good. I'd probably take out Christianus and replace him with,
like, Raziya Samater. Yeah, not Nosferatu. But still good.

>
> Library: (89 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (15 cards)
> 1 Animalism
> 1 Antediluvian Awakening
> 5 Blood Doll
> 1 Dreams of the Sphinx
> 2 Fame
> 2 Haven Uncovered
> 1 Nosferatu Kingdom
> 1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
> 1 Sudden Reversal

Lose the Antedeluvian Awakening. Maybe swap in a couple more Havens. If you
have more Taste of Vitae to use, lose the Hunting Grounds as they are
expensive, and use more Tastes instead.
>
> Action (18 cards)
> 5 Ambush
> 2 Army of Rats
> 5 Bum's Rush
> 4 Computer Hacking
> 2 Rampage

Reasonable. I might lose one of the Rampages for a 6th Bum's Rush, myself.

> Reaction (4 cards)
> 4 Forced Awakening

Sketchy. Without any intercept or other reaction cards, more often than not,
you will FA, try and block, get stealthed past, and lose a blood. I'd swap 4
of these out for, like, 2 Wakes (no chance of losing blood, but still a bit
of unexpected reaction to stop flagrant 0 stealth actions) andput in 2 more
combat cards.

> Combat (49 cards)
> 6 Carrion Crows
> 1 Decapitate
> 1 Disarm
> 8 Drawing Out the Beast
> 10 Immortal Grapple
> 1 Pulled Fangs
> 4 Taste of Vitae
> 2 Terror Frenzy
> 8 Torn Signpost
> 8 Undead Strength

You probably want more strike cards and less Terror Frenzy, which is useful
at superior, but expensive. I'd go up to 10 each Signpost/Undead Strength
(probably by taking out the 2 FA's above and the 2 TF). And then remove the
2 hunting grounds and put in 2 Tastes if that is an option.

> Retainer (1 cards)
> 1 Tasha Morgan

Ok. But often, you can't waste the action to get her. Might be better off
just as another Computer Hacking.

> Equipment (2 cards)
> 2 .44 Magnum

Expensive for a deck like this (not much reliable pool gain, even with 5
blood dolls) in both pool and actions. Probably better removed for more
transient combat--more Carrion Crows or Torn Signposts.

Overall, not bad. The vampires are all kinda bigish, so you won't have that
many (only 2 or 3, depending on how fast your predator is) likely, so you
can't really afford to waste actions equipping and stuff like that.


Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"How does this end?"
"In fire."
Emperor Turhan and Kosh
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 3:52:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:18:00 -0500, Peter D Bakija
<pdb6@lightlink.com> wrote:

>gsanvic wrote:

First of all, for a first deck this is top notch stuff. As Peter said,
there's odds and ends that could be improved, but for a first
effort.... Good job.

>
>> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 16, Max: 26, Avg: 5.42)
>> ----------------------------------------------
>> 1 Beast ani cel OBF POT 7, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
>> 2 Ox ANI OBF POT 6, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
>> 1 Gerard Rafin ani for OBF POT 6, Nosferatu:3
>> 1 Sundown ANI POT obf pre 6, Nosferatu:3
>> 1 Amelia ani obf POT 5, Nosferatu:3
>> 1 Darva Felispa ani pot 3, Nosferatu:3
>> 1 Christanius Lionel ANI OBF pot 6, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
>> 1 Kendrick ANI aus obf POT 7, Nosferatu Antitribu:2,
>> 2 Nigel the Shunned ANI obf POT 5, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
>> 1 Tommy ani pot 3, Nosferatu Antitribu:2
>
>Looks pretty good. I'd probably take out Christianus and replace him with,
>like, Raziya Samater. Yeah, not Nosferatu. But still good.

Might be tempted to double up on Beast and drop Christanius (much as I
like his special). Maybe ditch Gerard Rafin for a weenie, too, or a
second copy of Sundown or a third Beast.

>
>>
>> Library: (89 cards)
>> -------------------
>> Master (15 cards)
>> 1 Animalism
>> 1 Antediluvian Awakening
>> 5 Blood Doll
>> 1 Dreams of the Sphinx
>> 2 Fame
>> 2 Haven Uncovered
>> 1 Nosferatu Kingdom
>> 1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
>> 1 Sudden Reversal
>
>Lose the Antedeluvian Awakening. Maybe swap in a couple more Havens. If you
>have more Taste of Vitae to use, lose the Hunting Grounds as they are
>expensive, and use more Tastes instead.

In a combat deck you want your amount of masters a little low, or at
least to have them help you cycle. The Dreams is good (a second or
third one is likely worth it), and I'd be tempted to add a third Fame.
Yes, they're unique, and you might contest, but it's pretty important,
too, to get it early.

Without fortitude it's probably too much of a risk to use Tension in
the Ranks, and your combat hand size is important, so Dragonbound is
out as well.

Please remove the Hunting Grounds and the Antediluvian though, you
cannot really afford them. If you want a few more masters in their
place, consider Dummy Corporation or a second Nosferatu Kingdom, or
the Information Network (not sure on the name - the !Nos intercept
location).

>>
>> Action (18 cards)
>> 5 Ambush
>> 2 Army of Rats
>> 5 Bum's Rush
>> 4 Computer Hacking
>> 2 Rampage
>
>Reasonable. I might lose one of the Rampages for a 6th Bum's Rush, myself.

Solid. Good amount of rush, and likely enough if you get Beast into
play. Would be tempted to add Tier of Souls, but I'm silly like that I
guess. 18 action cards is about right though.

>
>> Reaction (4 cards)
>> 4 Forced Awakening
>
>Sketchy. Without any intercept or other reaction cards, more often than not,
>you will FA, try and block, get stealthed past, and lose a blood. I'd swap 4
>of these out for, like, 2 Wakes (no chance of losing blood, but still a bit
>of unexpected reaction to stop flagrant 0 stealth actions) andput in 2 more
>combat cards.

If you want to be able to block stuff, increase this to 6 Forced
Awakenings and add about 4 Cat's Guidances. If not, remove them all.

>
>> Combat (49 cards)
>> 6 Carrion Crows
>> 1 Decapitate
>> 1 Disarm
>> 8 Drawing Out the Beast
>> 10 Immortal Grapple
>> 1 Pulled Fangs
>> 4 Taste of Vitae
>> 2 Terror Frenzy
>> 8 Torn Signpost
>> 8 Undead Strength
>
>You probably want more strike cards and less Terror Frenzy, which is useful
>at superior, but expensive. I'd go up to 10 each Signpost/Undead Strength
>(probably by taking out the 2 FA's above and the 2 TF). And then remove the
>2 hunting grounds and put in 2 Tastes if that is an option.

Nice selection. I'd personally remove the Decapitate and increase the
amount of Disarm to circa 4, if you have them. Maybe an extra Pulled
Fangs or two, and 2 more Taste of Vitae. Terror Frenzy is likely
something you won't need, unless you meet a lot of celerity combat.

>
>> Retainer (1 cards)
>> 1 Tasha Morgan
>
>Ok. But often, you can't waste the action to get her. Might be better off
>just as another Computer Hacking.
>
>> Equipment (2 cards)
>> 2 .44 Magnum
>
>Expensive for a deck like this (not much reliable pool gain, even with 5
>blood dolls) in both pool and actions. Probably better removed for more
>transient combat--more Carrion Crows or Torn Signposts.
>

Agrreeing with Peter of course; a pure fight deck has no time to equip
or recruit.

>Overall, not bad. The vampires are all kinda bigish, so you won't have that
>many (only 2 or 3, depending on how fast your predator is) likely, so you
>can't really afford to waste actions equipping and stuff like that.
>

If you add a few more weenies (2- and 3-cap with pot or ani/pot), you
can likely afford 4 with a good crypt draw. Ideal would be Beast,
Nigel (or Sundown etc) and 2 baby uglies, for a total of about 17
pool.

Do not get them all into play until you know what your predator is
doing though. Stick with 2 or 3 and whack his first vampire that rears
it's head into torpor with fairly extreme prejudice. Then Fame your
prey and go to town.

>
>Peter D Bakija
>pdb6@lightlink.com
>http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
>
>"How does this end?"
>"In fire."
>Emperor Turhan and Kosh
>

The Lynxkitten


History is not written by those who are right
But by those who are left
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 8:21:26 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

thanks!

i'll probably take out the awakenings, TFs, magnums and retainer. let
the blood flow! :D 

i'll see what i can put in aside from WWEFs, Noz Info Network, Taste.


g
-ultimately grateful
!