Why on earth has WW not reprinted DECAPITATE?

I do not manage to understand WW's policy at the moment of re-editing
cards in preconstructed decks. I do not understand that cards like
Disarm turn be re-edited up to the satiety.If there is a card that
really need to be re-edited is this, Decapitate, since WW pledges in
making ourselves play with the green edge not become badly that were
re-editing all the cards to the same edge.I hope that in future
editions this is solved, but not for it I stop feeling disapointed. I
do not also understand that cards like Alastor and Mylan that have just
appeared in Gehena them re-edit in the next expansion, and that the
Dreams of The Sphinx, which seems to me very likely that re-edit it, do
it for duplicate, instead of for example re-editing others as Powerbase
Montreal. I do not understand this lack of Criterion.

Ruben Vidaña aka the Infamous
E.C 2004 Winner
PD:sorry for my Terrible English ;-)

Infame wrote:

> If there is a card that
> really need to be re-edited is this, Decapitate, since WW pledges in
> making ourselves play with the green edge not become badly that were
> re-editing all the cards to the same edge.

It isn't really a matter of the layout--WW is doing a good job of reprinting
as much stuff as it can that it hasn't reprinted already. I'm pretty certain
that Decapitate was in Sabbat War (might have even been in the !Brujah
starter), so it is still available.

>I hope that in future
> editions this is solved, but not for it I stop feeling disapointed. I
> do not also understand that cards like Alastor and Mylan that have just
> appeared in Gehena them re-edit in the next expansion, and that the
> Dreams of The Sphinx, which seems to me very likely that re-edit it, do
> it for duplicate, instead of for example re-editing others as Powerbase
> Montreal. I do not understand this lack of Criterion.

Why does Decaptiate need the new layout? I mean, like, if your complaint is
that you can't get Decpapitate, I'm pretty sure it is still, at least in
theory, available on the retail level. If it is a matter of you just really
wanting it with the new layout, well, lots of cards haven't been reprinted
without the new layout.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"How does this end?"
"In fire."
Emperor Turhan and Kosh

On 20 Feb 2005 09:47:45 -0800, "Infame" <despitefull@hotmail.com>
wrote:

.. I
>do not also understand that cards like Alastor and Mylan that have just
>appeared in Gehena them re-edit in the next expansion,

This I think I can understand. Starters must have Rares, some are
bound to be reprints, and Alastor was too obvious a choice given the
theme of the deck. About Mylan, I must admit I was surprised at first
by the same reasoning you use - but come to think of it. The Baali
starter should have its big vamps. The infernal rule has changed, and
I'm pretty sure Mylan could turn to be a staple in Baali decks that
use 3 or 4 high-caps (like it haven't been so with a lot of other
archetypes). Why not include it?

Though I think you have a point when referring to Powerbase Montreal.
We'll see it in the next set dedicated to Sabbat, perhaps?

>Ruben Vidaña aka the Infamous
>E.C 2004 Winner
>PD:sorry for my Terrible English ;-)

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Clan Newsletter Editor
V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/

Personally I blame the Sadistic FBI agents.

(I've got their license plate numbers!!!!!)

Peter D Bakija a écrit :
> Infame wrote:
>

>>If there is a card that
>>really need to be re-edited is this, Decapitate, since WW pledges in
>>making ourselves play with the green edge not become badly that were
>>re-editing all the cards to the same edge.
>

> It isn't really a matter of the layout--WW is doing a good job of reprinting
> as much stuff as it can that it hasn't reprinted already. I'm pretty certain
> that Decapitate was in Sabbat War (might have even been in the !Brujah
> starter), so it is still available.

FYI Decapitate was never reprinted in sabbat war boosters. The only way
you can grab one is by buying the uber scarce !Brujah Preconstructed
starter. Yes, the one with the D.I... The chances to find one in your
local store are close to zero !
oddly enough i seldom see this card on trade list of other players...
A reprint would have been quite good, especially considering the flavor
of this expansion.

> FYI Decapitate was never reprinted in sabbat war boosters. The only way
> you can grab one is by buying the uber scarce !Brujah Preconstructed
> starter. Yes, the one with the D.I... The chances to find one in your
> local store are close to zero !

You want !Brujah Precons? How many do you want?

Fabio "Sooner" a écrit :
> On 20 Feb 2005 09:47:45 -0800, "Infame" <despitefull@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> . I
>
>>do not also understand that cards like Alastor and Mylan that have just
>>appeared in Gehena them re-edit in the next expansion,
>

> This I think I can understand. Starters must have Rares, some are
> bound to be reprints, and Alastor was too obvious a choice given the
> theme of the deck. About Mylan, I must admit I was surprised at first
> by the same reasoning you use - but come to think of it. The Baali
> starter should have its big vamps. The infernal rule has changed, and
> I'm pretty sure Mylan could turn to be a staple in Baali decks that
> use 3 or 4 high-caps (like it haven't been so with a lot of other
> archetypes). Why not include it?

All in all, the reprints were great , and each starter is valuable for
the rookie,for the veteran. WW did a great job on this one ;)