[newbie] Which PDs should I use?

Me and some friends are currently learning the game. Since we have
bought some preconstructed decks to get started, I was wondering which
ones we should use to best learn the many aspects of the game, while
at the same time have a fun game learning.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me which PDs to use in a 3
(or 4 or 5) player game to have a balanced game (all decks of equal
"strength") while at the same time exploring as many different
strategies as possible.

It would also be great if I could get some advice on how to play each
of these decks, like: should I block or take actions, bring out a big
vamp early or play as many vamps as possible, which cards are
important for the deck, etc.

We own the following PDs:
Anarch Barons
Anarch Gangs
Assamite
Brujah Antitribu
Followers Of Set
Giovanni
Lasombra
Malkavian
Toreador
Toreador Antitribu
Tremere Antitribu
Tzimisce
Ventrue Antitribu

Thanks a lot,

Teeka

Here are my opinions on this matter, for what it's worth.

>Anarch Barons

Not a great deck. Anarch politics is a notoriously difficult archetype
to play (even experienced tournament players have had very little
success with this angle). It does have some solid vampires in it (like
Suzanne Kadim), so isn't a bad buy, but I wouldn't use it as a starter.

>Anarch Gangs

A little better. Some good vampires again (Sundown) and some useful
combat cards for other decks (Trap). Again, worth buying, but anarchs
are really really hard to get to work properly, so I'd leave it be
until you're more experienced.

>Assamite

Generally considered a weak clan, but these guys also inspire players
who get into them (see the pathofblood.com to get an idea of the
fanatic following this clan has). If you want to play a combat deck
with an interesting and complex angle, try giving it a go, but I
wouldn't put my money on it winning. Maybe another one to wait a while
for.

>Brujah Antitribu

Not bad. Some solid combat cards and vampires. Pretty fun to play.
Comes with a Magnum and they're always handy. Play this if you want to
bash vampires up.

>Followers Of Set

Some great cards in here (Pentex Subversion, Form of Corruption). Works
pretty well as a stealth bleed starter; don't try the corruption angle
though, you'd need a very focused deck for that.

>Giovanni

A fun toolboxy starter deck. Some bleed, some combat, some whacky
Necromany cards and allies. Try and get the zombies out, go hurting
people.

>Lasombra

Great clan, solid starter deck. One of the better ones you have.
Lasombra have Dominate (very powerful), Potence (good for smacking
people) and Obtenebration (very versatile and useful discipline),
making them a force to be reckoned with.

>Malkavian

Many people believe this starter was screwed up; lots of Dementation
cards and few vampires with superior Dementation. Also contains some
flamethrowers and Flak Jackets, for no apparent reason. Malkavian
Stealth/Bleed is a very easy way to win the game, but this deck is not
very well tooled to do so (thankfully).

>Toreador

Definitely one of the stronger clans in the game, this starter should
serve you well. Toreador have some of the best vampires in the game;
however many of the super-powerful ones were Group 1 so you won't see
in this starter.

>Toreador Antitribu

One of my favourite clans. This starter however tries to focus on melee
weapons and voting (the former is a pretty weak strategy and the latter
isn't well suited to the !Toreador) so you might find it difficult to
go places with this.

>Tremere Antitribu

Some good vampires (Terrel Harding) and strong disciplines (Dominate,
Auspex, Thaumaturgy) should make this qutie an effective starter. See
if you can get the Succubus out, she's a lot of fun :)

>Tzimisce

Never played this starter. A powerful but difficult clan, maybe suited
to more experienced players.

>Ventrue Antitribu

This was my first starter and still one of my favourite clans. Quite a
strong vote deck; try and get out Demonstration and Quentin and you
should be able to pass any votes you want. Fortitude helps keep these
guys alive, and Dominate gives you good bleed offense and defense.
Auspex lets you block actions like votes and hunting. Lazverinus is one
of the most powerful vampires in the whole game (though really needs a
deck designed around him to properly realise his power).

Good luck!