[newbie] Which PDs should I use?

Me and some friends are currently learning the game. Since we have
bought some preconstructed decks to get started, I was wondering which
ones we should use to best learn the many aspects of the game, while
at the same time have a fun game learning.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me which PDs to use in a 3
(or 4 or 5) player game to have a balanced game (all decks of equal
"strength") while at the same time exploring as many different
strategies as possible.

It would also be great if I could get some advice on how to play each
of these decks, like: should I block or take actions, bring out a big
vamp early or play as many vamps as possible, which cards are
important for the deck, etc.

We own the following PDs:
Anarch Barons
Anarch Gangs
Assamite
Brujah Antitribu
Followers Of Set
Giovanni
Lasombra
Malkavian
Toreador
Toreador Antitribu
Tremere Antitribu
Tzimisce
Ventrue Antitribu

Thanks a lot,

Teeka
1 answer Last reply
More about newbie

    Here are my opinions on this matter, for what it's worth.

    >Anarch Barons

    Not a great deck. Anarch politics is a notoriously difficult archetype
    to play (even experienced tournament players have had very little
    success with this angle). It does have some solid vampires in it (like
    Suzanne Kadim), so isn't a bad buy, but I wouldn't use it as a starter.

    >Anarch Gangs

    A little better. Some good vampires again (Sundown) and some useful
    combat cards for other decks (Trap). Again, worth buying, but anarchs
    are really really hard to get to work properly, so I'd leave it be
    until you're more experienced.

    >Assamite

    Generally considered a weak clan, but these guys also inspire players
    who get into them (see the pathofblood.com to get an idea of the
    fanatic following this clan has). If you want to play a combat deck
    with an interesting and complex angle, try giving it a go, but I
    wouldn't put my money on it winning. Maybe another one to wait a while
    for.

    >Brujah Antitribu

    Not bad. Some solid combat cards and vampires. Pretty fun to play.
    Comes with a Magnum and they're always handy. Play this if you want to
    bash vampires up.

    >Followers Of Set

    Some great cards in here (Pentex Subversion, Form of Corruption). Works
    pretty well as a stealth bleed starter; don't try the corruption angle
    though, you'd need a very focused deck for that.

    >Giovanni

    A fun toolboxy starter deck. Some bleed, some combat, some whacky
    Necromany cards and allies. Try and get the zombies out, go hurting
    people.

    >Lasombra

    Great clan, solid starter deck. One of the better ones you have.
    Lasombra have Dominate (very powerful), Potence (good for smacking
    people) and Obtenebration (very versatile and useful discipline),
    making them a force to be reckoned with.

    >Malkavian

    Many people believe this starter was screwed up; lots of Dementation
    cards and few vampires with superior Dementation. Also contains some
    flamethrowers and Flak Jackets, for no apparent reason. Malkavian
    Stealth/Bleed is a very easy way to win the game, but this deck is not
    very well tooled to do so (thankfully).

    >Toreador

    Definitely one of the stronger clans in the game, this starter should
    serve you well. Toreador have some of the best vampires in the game;
    however many of the super-powerful ones were Group 1 so you won't see
    in this starter.

    >Toreador Antitribu

    One of my favourite clans. This starter however tries to focus on melee
    weapons and voting (the former is a pretty weak strategy and the latter
    isn't well suited to the !Toreador) so you might find it difficult to
    go places with this.

    >Tremere Antitribu

    Some good vampires (Terrel Harding) and strong disciplines (Dominate,
    Auspex, Thaumaturgy) should make this qutie an effective starter. See
    if you can get the Succubus out, she's a lot of fun :)

    >Tzimisce

    Never played this starter. A powerful but difficult clan, maybe suited
    to more experienced players.

    >Ventrue Antitribu

    This was my first starter and still one of my favourite clans. Quite a
    strong vote deck; try and get out Demonstration and Quentin and you
    should be able to pass any votes you want. Fortitude helps keep these
    guys alive, and Dominate gives you good bleed offense and defense.
    Auspex lets you block actions like votes and hunting. Lazverinus is one
    of the most powerful vampires in the whole game (though really needs a
    deck designed around him to properly realise his power).

    Good luck!

Games Video Games