Session Awards?

For years, I've given my players an XP award for showing up, sort of as
an added incentive. But I am growing dissatisfied with that idea, since
I don't like the idea of giving them experience for parking their cars
on my lawn. :)

Anyway, I was toying with alternative ways of spicing up the game, and
moving away from the XP thing. That's when I got the idea for
one-shots. They replace XP awards, and are usable only once (hence, the
name). A one-shot does something like allow you to reroll a bad roll,
avoid a bad saving throw, succeed at a tough lock pick, intimdate
someone when you REALLY need to do so, and so on.

The idea is this: At the start of each session, players roll for
one-shots. They get at least one, plus one for every four character
levels they have. They roll d% for them and select them from the table.
(The table doesn't have 100 of them yet, but I'm working on it.) If
they roll one inappropriate to their class, they roll again. One-shots
cannot be traded or sold.

They have to use the one-shot during that session. If they don't it
goes away. If the one-shot gives them money or something tangible like
that, they can keep it, but the one-shot itself goes away.

As soon as you use the one-shot, it goes away. You can only use it
once. Finally, with very few exceptions, you have to declare that
you're going to use the one-shot up front. If a one-shot buffs an
attack roll, you have to declare that you're using it before you make
the roll. If, however, the one-shot allows you to reroll a failed
attack, it will say so.

So what do you guys think? Is it too uber? Would you use it? If not,
why not? If you would, how would you improve it?

The list of one-shots I have so far are below. Each has a name and a
description. I know that they are not all balanced, but I'm not really
sure how worried I am about that.

Accidental Hero: If you attack an opponent and miss, you may redeem
this one-shot to treat the attack as a successful hit. The attack deals
half normal damage (rounded down to the nearest whole number).

Adamantine Nads: You gain a +4 bonus against a single save versus fear.

Adept Lockpick: If you have ranks in Pick Locks, you automatically
succeed at one attempt. You may not use this one-shot to pick a lock
that you have already failed to pick.

Artful Dodger: You gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC for one round.

Burst of Strength: You gain a +2 bonus to one Strength check or melee
attack roll.

Check Out My Speedo: You gain a +4 bonus to a single Swim check.

Close Call: You succeed at one failed Reflex saving throw.

Expensive Noose: You find a pearl necklace worth 1d6×10gp.

Flawless Scribe: You automatically succeed at an attempt to scribe a
spell into your spell book.

Fleet of Foot: You may take one extra 5-foot step in a single combat
round without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Fortuitous Casting: You cast one spell without using up its material
component.

Glancing Blow: A melee attack that would normally have struck glances
off your armor or clothing. You take 1d4 points of nonlethal damage
instead of the weapon's normal damage. If the weapon would normally
have dealt nonlethal damage, that damage is halved. You must take at
least 1 point of nonlethal damage.

Imposing Presence: Your appearance scares the bejeezus out of a single
opponent. That opponent acts as though under the effect of a fear spell
for 1d2 rounds.

Inner Strength: Heal 1hp each round for the next 1d10 rounds. If you
have nonlethal damage, it is healed first.

Jedi Mind Trick: You gain a +4 bonus to one Diplomacy check.

Keen Negotiator: When purchasing equipment, supplies, or services, you
negotiate artfully for a better price. You get your purchase for 75% of
its normal price. You may not use this one-shot to purchase magic
items, including scrolls, potions, rods, staves, and wands. You may,
however, use this one-shot to pay for magical services including
healing, blessing, buffs, resurrections, and so forth.

Luck's Blessing: You may reroll 1 failed saving throw.

Lucky Break: If you have no ranks in Pick Locks, you get really lucky
and discover that an item that appeared to be locked wasn't locked
after all.

Lucky Find: You find 1d20 copper pieces, 1d10 silver pieces, 1d6 gold
pieces, and 1d3 platinum pieces strewn about on the road.

Magic's Blessing: The next spell you cast does not count against your
daily casting total, and does not slip from your memory. You may not
have more than one of this one-shot.

Martial Luck: Your attacks for the next round are made at a +1 bonus,
and deal 1 additional point of damage. The weapon is not considered
magical during this round.

Master of the Obscure: You gain a +4 bonus to a single Knowledge check.

Nerves of Steel: You automatically succeed in a save against a fear
effect.

Nice Recovery: You miraculously land on your feet when you would
otherwise be knocked prone, or rendered flat-footed.

Nothing to See Here: You gain a +4 bonus to a single Hide or Move
Silently check.

Pot o' Gold: You find 50cp in loose change.

Quick Learner: For the duration of this gaming session, you gain a +1
bonus to one skill. This bonus disappears when the session ends.

Quick Observation: You gain a +2 bonus to any one ranged attack roll,
search check, or spot check.

Ready for Anything: If, during combat, the DM determines that you were
caught by surprise, you may redeem this one-shot. Doing so permits you
to act normally during the surprise combat round, and you are not
flat-footed.

Scream Like a Girl: Move at twice your max speed during a full retreat
action.

Sneaky! You may redeem this one-shoot in order to gain surprise on an
enemy.

Soft Landing: If you would normally take falling damage, you land in
such a way that the damage is halved. This one-shot cannot reduce the
amount of falling damage below 1 hp.

Spastic Bastard: Your behavior is so erratic and distracting that
enemies suffer a -2 penalty to attacks for the next 1d4 rounds.

Surge of Power: Add 2 to your caster level for one casting.

That was Close! You may spend this one-shot to force an opponent to
reroll an attack that successfully hit you. However, if the second roll
hits, you must accept its outcome, even if it is a critical hit.

Uncanny Reaction: Gain a +4 bonus to your next initiative roll.

Would I Lie to You? You gain a +4 bonus to a single Bluff check.
23 answers Last reply
More about session awards

    Telendil Silverleaf wrote:
    > For years, I've given my players an XP award for showing up, sort of as
    > an added incentive. But I am growing dissatisfied with that idea, since
    > I don't like the idea of giving them experience for parking their cars
    > on my lawn. :)

    I don't see that you would need to give bonus xp for showing up, seeing
    as how they wouldn't be getting any for not showing up anyway.

    > Anyway, I was toying with alternative ways of spicing up the game, and
    > moving away from the XP thing. That's when I got the idea for
    > one-shots. They replace XP awards, and are usable only once (hence, the
    > name). A one-shot does something like allow you to reroll a bad roll,
    > avoid a bad saving throw, succeed at a tough lock pick, intimdate
    > someone when you REALLY need to do so, and so on.

    You might want to look at action points from D20 Modern or Eberron.

    I give 1/2 normal xp, and an ammount of XP about 1/10 of a level
    adjusted up or down based on how much RP they did.

    - Justisaur

    Telendil Silverleaf wrote:

    > ... given my players ... added incentive.

    > ... At the start of each session, players roll for one-shots.

    You could add, "... if they show up on time."

    > They get at least one, plus one for every four character
    > levels they have.

    I'd make it more sparse. One, and one for every eight or ten levels. A
    few is a treat; several is munchkin.

    > They roll d% for them and select them from the table.
    > (The table doesn't have 100 of them yet, but I'm working on it.)

    > If they roll one inappropriate to their class, they roll again.

    That's fair.

    > One-shots cannot be traded or sold.

    I'd let them trade, but only when they roll them, before play starts.

    > They have to use the one-shot during that session. If they don't it
    > goes away. If the one-shot gives them money or something tangible like
    > that, they can keep it, but the one-shot itself goes away.

    I like that aspect. It keeps it from being abusive.

    > So what do you guys think? Is it too uber? Would you use it? If not,
    > why not? If you would, how would you improve it?

    No, they seem low key enough to not screw up balance.

    > The list of one-shots I have so far are below. Each has a name and a
    > description. I know that they are not all balanced, but I'm not really
    > sure how worried I am about that.

    I perused them quickly; they do not seem overpowered. I would be
    cautious about handing out in-game cash per the necklace, plus it makes
    less sense than some of the others. I like the names. I wonder about
    the skills use ones that seem open ended with regard to task
    difficulty.

    > Adept Lockpick: If you have ranks in Pick Locks, you automatically
    > succeed at one attempt. You may not use this one-shot to pick a lock
    > that you have already failed to pick.

    I would make this a straight add to a die roll; or an add to take ten
    or twenty. This should not work on a horrendously difficult lock.

    > Flawless Scribe: You automatically succeed at an attempt to scribe a
    > spell into your spell book.

    for low level spells, this is meaningless. For high level spels, this
    is overpowered. Maybe a + to Spellcraft for one roll?

    > Fortuitous Casting: You cast one spell without using up its material
    > component.

    Could be overpowered, if the cost of the components is a key feature of
    the spell. Maybe an automatic concentration check?

    > Keen Negotiator: When purchasing equipment, supplies, or services, you
    > negotiate artfully for a better price. You get your purchase for 75% of
    > its normal price. You may not use this one-shot to purchase magic
    > items, including scrolls, potions, rods, staves, and wands. You may,
    > however, use this one-shot to pay for magical services including
    > healing, blessing, buffs, resurrections, and so forth.

    That's a pretty hefty benefit. I would tend to raise the percentage,
    yet I'd have to say that this one is well within the spirit of what you
    are trying to accomplish.

    > Pot o' Gold: You find 50cp in loose change.

    Shouldn't that be "Penny Tray"

    > Quick Learner: For the duration of this gaming session, you gain a +1
    > bonus to one skill. This bonus disappears when the session ends.

    "Lucky Knack" (learning implies retained)

    Suggestions:

    "I've heard of this Item" - one free Identify.

    "Give me a Light" - redeem for a fortuitous light source.

    "Gee, I wish I had a ..." - local shop stocks desired item.

    "Pennies from Heaven" - 1d50 coppers fall from somewhere above and
    scatter on the street.

    "Restful Bed" - heal extra 1d4 overnight.

    "Water, Water" - party stumbles upon a water source.

    "I'm Bored" - random encounter occurs.

    "I wish we had a place to sell our loot." - traveling merchant will
    purchase up to 1000 GP worth of items.

    MadKaugh

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:07:04 -0700, Telendil Silverleaf wrote:

    > The idea is this: At the start of each session, players roll for
    > one-shots. They get at least one, plus one for every four character
    > levels they have. They roll d% for them and select them from the table.
    > (The table doesn't have 100 of them yet, but I'm working on it.) If
    > they roll one inappropriate to their class, they roll again. One-shots
    > cannot be traded or sold.

    It might be better to do the one-shots as a card deck, that makes it
    easier to add new ones as you come up with them, and it lets you say
    things like "there can only be one of this one-shot per session."

    --
    Phoenix

    That was actually my first thought for them. And you could just do them
    on index cards. Once used, you hand the card back to the DM.

    I always looked at it as an added incentive for showing. Then I
    realized that the benefit of showing is that you get XP. (Players who
    don't show are in a stumbling stupor, don't partake in combat, can't
    die, can't contribute, and don't advance.) So at that point, the
    "attendance award" is just free XP.

    I'd rather have them *earn* it.

    Now, having given them the bonus in the past, I want to soften the blow
    if I take it away. Hence, the fairly innocuous, but kind of nifty "Oh,
    Cool!" effect of the one-shots. They would add a little variety to each
    session, give them some added oomph when they need it, and they don't
    feel like they're getting nerfed.

    Rupert Boleyn wrote:
    > On 25 Aug 2005 12:07:04 -0700, "Telendil Silverleaf"
    > <michael.hofer@civigenics.com> carved upon a tablet of ether:
    >
    > > For years, I've given my players an XP award for showing up, sort of as
    > > an added incentive. But I am growing dissatisfied with that idea, since
    > > I don't like the idea of giving them experience for parking their cars
    > > on my lawn. :)
    >
    > I always just gave out half XP to the PCs of players who didn't show,
    > on the grounds that this made them like a cohort (1/2XP in v3.0).

    I've been giving full XP if they actually get me an up to date
    character - although I don't give RP XP, and the way I do it, that
    actually works out about the same. If I don't have an up to date
    character I just fly by the seat of my pants with it, and use DMG
    tables for NPCs on anything I don't rememer.

    On that subject just how do you get them to give you an up to date
    character anyway. I always have such trouble with it, and the players
    are always loosing thier character sheets or some such, it'd be rather
    handy for when they don't show up too.

    - Justisaur

    It's Friday, close to quitting time, and I'm feeling whimsical. How
    about these?

    NOT IN THE FACE! While wielding an unarmed weapon, you gain a +2 bonus
    to a single attack against a foe.

    What's that Smell? A foul odor emanates from you, covering a ten-foot
    radius and sickening those who do not know you well. Enemies nearby
    suffer a -2 penalty to moral checks, attack bonuses, and concentration
    checks for the next round.

    Your Shoes are Untied: Through guile, deceit, and clever trickery, you
    distract your opponent. That opponent is considered flatfooted for your
    next single attack against him.

    Addendum to "What's that Smell":
    You suffer a -2 penalty to Move Silently checks.

    On 25 Aug 2005 12:07:04 -0700, "Telendil Silverleaf"
    <michael.hofer@civigenics.com> carved upon a tablet of ether:

    > For years, I've given my players an XP award for showing up, sort of as
    > an added incentive. But I am growing dissatisfied with that idea, since
    > I don't like the idea of giving them experience for parking their cars
    > on my lawn. :)

    I always just gave out half XP to the PCs of players who didn't show,
    on the grounds that this made them like a cohort (1/2XP in v3.0).

    --
    Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz>
    should be free."

    Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
    > I always just gave out half XP to the PCs of players who didn't show,
    > on the grounds that this made them like a cohort (1/2XP in v3.0).

    I used to do that. In my current campaign, however, I'm assuming that
    the PCs of absent players do something equally interesting while they're
    away from the main group, so they get the same XP awards as the
    "on-stage" players. I have similar mechanisms for dealing with wealth.

    This campaign has been progressing very rapidly; even with by-the-book
    encounters and awards, the PCs are getting about one level per session.
    Since we have a mix of "serious" players, casual players, and adults
    with other responsibilities, the group varies greatly from week to week,
    and PCs could get widely out of sync with less generous awards. I
    haven't worked out yet how to handle things like XP costs and
    resurrection penalties, but fortunately it hasn't come up yet.

    I do have some concerns that this kind of "easy" XP and wealth could
    take the fun out of the game -- after all, players can get rewards
    without "earning" them. It helps that play really is its own reward, at
    least up to a point. I'm seeing that many game rewards don't show up on
    a character sheet: discovering campaign secrets, defeating the recurring
    villain, that sort of thing.
    --
    Bradd W. Szonye
    http://www.szonye.com/bradd

    In article <1124996824.529961.85700@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    Telendil Silverleaf <michael.hofer@civigenics.com> wrote:
    >Martial Luck: Your attacks for the next round are made at a +1 bonus,
    >and deal 1 additional point of damage. The weapon is not considered
    >magical during this round.

    Unless it already was?

    Love (most of) the names!

    In article <pan.2005.08.26.05.26.42.714538@sympatico.ca>,
    rwpikul@sympatico.ca says...
    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:07:04 -0700, Telendil Silverleaf wrote:
    >
    > > The idea is this: At the start of each session, players roll for
    > > one-shots. They get at least one, plus one for every four character
    > > levels they have. They roll d% for them and select them from the table.
    > > (The table doesn't have 100 of them yet, but I'm working on it.) If
    > > they roll one inappropriate to their class, they roll again. One-shots
    > > cannot be traded or sold.
    >
    > It might be better to do the one-shots as a card deck, that makes it
    > easier to add new ones as you come up with them, and it lets you say
    > things like "there can only be one of this one-shot per session."

    I used to use a deck of cards that I found on the net many years ago
    called "scale cards". Obviously they'd need to be updated for d20 (I
    think they were initiall 1ed, but worked in 2ed as well), but the nice
    thing was that you'd deal them out unseen. Only the player knew what
    they had (make one con save, an item left behind is found in your
    backpack, you make your next to hit but fail the one after that, +1 on
    your next to hit roll, reroll one die, and there was a "me too" card as
    well). Even if the card wasn't used it was handed back at the end of the
    session. It added an unpredictable, rabbit out of the hat element to the
    game.

    --
    Pete Calvert

    "Justisaur" <justisaur@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >> For years, I've given my players an XP award for showing up, sort of as
    >> an added incentive. But I am growing dissatisfied with that idea, since
    >> I don't like the idea of giving them experience for parking their cars
    >> on my lawn. :)
    >
    > I don't see that you would need to give bonus xp for showing up, seeing
    > as how they wouldn't be getting any for not showing up anyway.

    I believe I said that. :) I've come to realize that the benefit of showing
    up is that you get XP from playing. Kinda hard to earn XP if you're not
    there. Problem is, I've given it to them for so long now that it's kind of a
    staple of the game; so now I want to stop that (bad DM! Bad!), but I want to
    do it in a way that doesn't totally peeve the players.

    > You might want to look at action points from D20 Modern or Eberron.

    I did, actually, consider that. First, I wasn't quite happy with the
    mechanic. Not sure why, it just didn't seem right to me. Second, I like the
    idea that I can control what the one-shots do. Third, my group is fairly
    zany; these fit right in with the group, and should be received well.

    If I interject a rule from another book, the players might feel compelled to
    buy the book just for that mechanic. I, myself, would have to buy the book
    for that mechanic, just so I could refer to it. I'm cheap! I don't wanna buy
    a book if I don't have to. God knows I have too many books as it is!

    So this idea is simple, easily controlled, and does what I want. I just need
    to make sure it's not horked out of balance. :)

    In article <1124996824.529961.85700@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    "Telendil Silverleaf" <michael.hofer@civigenics.com> wrote:

    > For years, I've given my players an XP award for showing up, sort of as
    > an added incentive. But I am growing dissatisfied with that idea, since
    > I don't like the idea of giving them experience for parking their cars
    > on my lawn. :)

    I used to give XP for showing up ON TIME. Turns out, no one showed up
    on time, and it all evened out, anyway.

    Once, I started a combat after only 1 player had arrived (it was 30 min
    after announced game-start time), the other characters were "in a coma,
    seemingly unrouseable."

    Nobody really liked that. Well, except me 8^D

    > The idea is this: At the start of each session, players roll for
    > one-shots. They get at least one, plus one for every four character
    > levels they have. They roll d% for them and select them from the table.
    > (The table doesn't have 100 of them yet, but I'm working on it.) If
    > they roll one inappropriate to their class, they roll again. One-shots
    > cannot be traded or sold.

    Your game has bind-on-pickup?! ;)

    > They have to use the one-shot during that session. If they don't it
    > goes away. If the one-shot gives them money or something tangible like
    > that, they can keep it, but the one-shot itself goes away.

    Ah, I've done something like that. I also have a set of poker chips
    labeled "+1 before", "+1 after", and +2 B & A. Whenever anyone does
    anything that makes the other players go "wow!" (for real -- no
    faking!), I give the appropriate sized chip. A "before" allows you to
    add +x to your roll before you roll the die, the "after" allows you to
    look at the die before you decide if you want to use it. You can
    "stack" like-chips up to +<house-rule>.

    > So what do you guys think? Is it too uber? Would you use it? If not,
    > why not? If you would, how would you improve it?

    I like it.

    > Accidental Hero: If you attack an opponent and miss, you may redeem
    > this one-shot to treat the attack as a successful hit. The attack deals
    > half normal damage (rounded down to the nearest whole number).

    Maybe "...redeem to roll again", rather than a guaranteed hit.

    > Adamantine Nads: You gain a +4 bonus against a single save versus fear.

    That's just brass-nads. Adamantine would be at least +16 ;)

    > Adept Lockpick: If you have ranks in Pick Locks, you automatically
    > succeed at one attempt. You may not use this one-shot to pick a lock
    > that you have already failed to pick.

    It's up to you, but be careful with guaranteed success. I guess it
    depends on what's available, but can our lvl-3 party use our guaranteed
    successes to kill a lvl-14 boss & break open his safe?

    > Check Out My Speedo: You gain a +4 bonus to a single Swim check.

    I'd say let them continue until they fail or stop swimming.

    > Close Call: You succeed at one failed Reflex saving throw.

    See notes about guaranteed success. I'll stop commenting on them, now :)

    > Keen Negotiator: When purchasing equipment, supplies, or services, you
    > negotiate artfully for a better price. You get your purchase for 75% of
    > its normal price. You may not use this one-shot to purchase magic
    > items, including scrolls, potions, rods, staves, and wands. You may,
    > however, use this one-shot to pay for magical services including
    > healing, blessing, buffs, resurrections, and so forth.

    +n items? Why the limitation?

    > Lucky Break: If you have no ranks in Pick Locks, you get really lucky
    > and discover that an item that appeared to be locked wasn't locked
    > after all.

    Roll for this. d20 > 10 - (int bonus + dex bonus), or something.

    > Magic's Blessing: The next spell you cast does not count against your
    > daily casting total, and does not slip from your memory. You may not
    > have more than one of this one-shot.

    The imp in me says make this a 1d3 roll (they want the "3"). Failure
    does NOT consume the 1-shot, so they can keep trying :)

    > Nerves of Steel: You automatically succeed in a save against a fear
    > effect.

    Not "Nads of steel"? ;)

    > Scream Like a Girl: Move at twice your max speed during a full retreat
    > action.

    "Scream like a LITTLE girl" ;)
    ^^^^^^

    > Spastic Bastard: Your behavior is so erratic and distracting that
    > enemies suffer a -2 penalty to attacks for the next 1d4 rounds.

    See PrC: Drunken Master :)

    --
    You have to remove stuff from my e-mail to reply, it's not difficult.
    Everything here is my personal opinion, do with it what you will.

    "[T]he idea of a game with people nicer than in CL makes me wanna puke."
    -Michael

    Telendil Silverleaf wrote:

    <snip>

    > Anyway, I was toying with alternative ways of spicing up the game, and
    > moving away from the XP thing. That's when I got the idea for
    > one-shots. They replace XP awards, and are usable only once (hence, the
    > name). A one-shot does something like allow you to reroll a bad roll,
    > avoid a bad saving throw, succeed at a tough lock pick, intimdate
    > someone when you REALLY need to do so, and so on.

    <snip details>

    > So what do you guys think? Is it too uber? Would you use it? If not,
    > why not? If you would, how would you improve it?

    <snip examples>

    Apparently this idea first appeared as "Fame and Fortune Points" in
    TSR's original "Top Secret" game (1980).

    There's a good overview of the rule mechanic's history here:

    http://www.darkshire.net/~jhkim/rpg/systemdesign/heropoints.html

    For ideas on the kinds of one-shots PC's could receive, you can search
    on Google for the keywords "hero point", "fate point", "karma point",
    "drama point", "luck point" and any of the other terms used in the URL
    above.

    There have been discussions of the mechanic on this NG before, such as
    this one:

    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.frp.dnd/browse_frm/thread/be6288da5a800492/44382e6b4d54c3f5?lnk=st&q=%22poker+chip%22+group:rec.games.frp.dnd&rnum=1&hl=en#44382e6b4d54c3f5

    and here:

    "Hero Point"
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=%22hero+point%22&num=10&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=rec.games.frp.dnd&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=30&as_maxm=8&as_maxy=2005&safe=off

    "Fate Point"
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=%22fate+point%22&num=10&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=rec.games.frp.dnd&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=30&as_maxm=8&as_maxy=2005&safe=off

    Arivne

    Telendil Silverleaf wrote:
    > It's Friday, close to quitting time, and I'm feeling whimsical. How
    > about these?
    >
    > NOT IN THE FACE! While wielding an unarmed weapon, you gain a +2 bonus
    > to a single attack against a foe.
    >
    > What's that Smell? A foul odor emanates from you, covering a ten-foot
    > radius and sickening those who do not know you well. Enemies nearby
    > suffer a -2 penalty to moral checks, attack bonuses, and concentration
    > checks for the next round.

    "Silent, but Deadly" - those nearby (all) make fort save or flee for
    one round.

    > Your Shoes are Untied: Through guile, deceit, and clever trickery, you
    > distract your opponent. That opponent is considered flatfooted for your
    > next single attack against him.

    "Look, it's the Goodyear Blimp" - same.

    MadKaugh

    LOL -- Perfect!

    I'm going to have to gather these together and do the Redux thread. :-D

    Ooh! Good links! Earthy granola chrunchy tidbits of goodness!

    Thanks!!!

    *ahem*

    "His Noodly Appendage": The Flying Spaghetti Monster (who, as everyone
    knows, is the true creator of the universe) has found favor with you.
    You enjoy a +4 bonus to saving throws for the next round.

    It just seemed so appropriate.

    Telendil Silverleaf wrote:
    > *ahem*
    >
    > "His Noodly Appendage": The Flying Spaghetti Monster (who, as everyone
    > knows, is the true creator of the universe) has found favor with you.
    > You enjoy a +4 bonus to saving throws for the next round.
    >
    > It just seemed so appropriate.

    I so want to paint a cleric mini with a pirate fish on his shield.

    MadKaugh

    Madkaugh wrote:
    > Telendil Silverleaf wrote:
    >
    >>*ahem*
    >>
    >>"His Noodly Appendage": The Flying Spaghetti Monster (who, as everyone
    >>knows, is the true creator of the universe) has found favor with you.
    >>You enjoy a +4 bonus to saving throws for the next round.
    >>
    >>It just seemed so appropriate.
    >

    > I so want to paint a cleric mini with a pirate fish on his shield.
    >
    > MadKaugh

    And don't forget the stripper factories and the beer volcano!

    Some Guy wrote:

    > Madkaugh wrote:

    > > I so want to paint a cleric mini with a pirate fish on his shield.
    > >
    > > MadKaugh
    > >

    > And don't forget the stripper factories and the beer volcano!

    As a graphic on a shield? ... Sounds like a piratey error. Aargh!

    MadKaugh

    Madkaugh wrote:
    > Some Guy wrote:
    >

    >>Madkaugh wrote:
    >

    >>>I so want to paint a cleric mini with a pirate fish on his shield.
    >>>
    >>>MadKaugh
    >>>

    >>And don't forget the stripper factories and the beer volcano!
    >

    > As a graphic on a shield? ... Sounds like a piratey error. Aargh!
    >
    > MadKaugh

    Hmmm. You could make a cool coat of arms out of a flying spaghetti
    monster, a beer volcano, and a drunken parrot.

Games Windows XP Video Games