[LSJ] Why a new clan in KMW?

Last response: in Video Games
February 21, 2005 4:05:23 AM

Simple question; why invent a new clan (Abominations) in KMW, a clan
not mentioned in VTM? The vamps are, if I recall correctly, two Malks
and a Giovanni, why not keep those, with the appropriate added pros
and cons? Maybe a "abomination"-special rule or something like that.

Sure, I kind of get that the abominations are no real part of their
old clan any longer, but they aren´t any real new clan (with
similarities).

I´m curious about this, even though I know that was done is done, and
it´s not a real catastrophe. Thanks for an answer.

More about : lsj clan kmw

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:16:14 PM

Henrik Klippstr?m wrote:

> Simple question; why invent a new clan (Abominations) in KMW, a clan
> not mentioned in VTM? The vamps are, if I recall correctly, two Malks
> and a Giovanni, why not keep those, with the appropriate added pros
> and cons? Maybe a "abomination"-special rule or something like that.

Why not? Well, that, and it makes the "scarce" mechanic work--if the 3
Abominations were 2 Malks and a Giovanni, then the Scarce disadvantage
wouldn't work out. And now I have Lorrie in a deck with The Stranger
Humongous, so I'm glad she is scarce.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"How does this end?"
"In fire."
Emperor Turhan and Kosh
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:51:13 PM

In message <5a3b0aea.0502210105.60bfe891@posting.google.com>, Henrik
Klippstr?m <ashur@hotmail.com> writes:
>Simple question; why invent a new clan (Abominations) in KMW, a clan
>not mentioned in VTM? The vamps are, if I recall correctly, two Malks
>and a Giovanni, why not keep those, with the appropriate added pros
>and cons? Maybe a "abomination"-special rule or something like that.

<IANALSJ>

Obvious contenders include:

- preventing the abuses of dial-a-crypt by adding another Setite (or
Giovanni or Malkavian or whatever) to existing clan groupings
that are deemed to be full[0]

- to allow Scarce to function, which is less of an issue than
introducing *another* new rule (e.g. another scarce-like rule
which caused pool loss or whatever, just for Abominations)

- the potential for interesting Abomination-oriented library cards which
might also be useful to decks with Clan Impersonation, whereas a
trait (like "Blood cursed" or whatever) is much less likely to
have a useful way for a vampire to gain it

- it was felt out of theme for the Abomination to have access to all the
relevant clan toys. Given that Abominations can end up being,
well, a little less than "normal", it may be the case that the
Setites wouldn't be too happy with him having access to the
Grand Temple of Set, or the Giovanni wouldn't be able to exploit
his abilities for their Acquired Ventrue Assets (because he was
too busy eating the furniture)

- Abominations could be used as a Storyline contender. If you were
clinically INSANE. However, the campaign for "Make the
Abominations Win Storyline Tournaments" starts here!

[0] However, since dial-a-crypt is also an issue for cross-clan usage,
to pick up all the neat disciplines for that obf/ani/ser deck, this is
not entirely convincing.

</IANALSJ>

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:51:13 +0000, James Coupe <james@zephyr.org.uk>
wrote:

> - Abominations could be used as a Storyline contender. If you were
> clinically INSANE. However, the campaign for "Make the
> Abominations Win Storyline Tournaments" starts here!

And ends with observing their groups. Yes, I usually do make monoclan
decks of the scarce clans (like, 4× of each member), but AFAIK the
grouping rule sadly only allows any two to be used simultaneously. ;(

--
Bye,

Daneel
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 9:55:44 PM

In message <opsmjo3zgso6j3lh@news.chello.hu>, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu>
writes:
>On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:51:13 +0000, James Coupe <james@zephyr.org.uk>
>wrote:
>> - Abominations could be used as a Storyline contender. If you were
>> clinically INSANE. However, the campaign for "Make the
>> Abominations Win Storyline Tournaments" starts here!
>
>And ends with observing their groups. Yes, I usually do make monoclan
> decks of the scarce clans (like, 4× of each member), but AFAIK the
> grouping rule sadly only allows any two to be used simultaneously. ;(

You can play multiple copies of two vampires, and support with three
other vampires, if you wanted. (Assuming a twelve vampire crypt.)

Of course, no-one's saying it would be easy.

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and
EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2 look at internet pictures of men's cocks all day?"
13D7E668C3695D623D5D -- www.livejournal.com/users/scarletdemon/
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 9:55:45 PM

James Coupe wrote:

> You can play multiple copies of two vampires, and support with three
> other vampires, if you wanted. (Assuming a twelve vampire crypt.)

Dude! It is all about 9 Lorrie Dunstains and then 3 little sidekicks! She
multi rushes with Freaks! And then you are ousted in 3 turns! Due to your
own actions!

Ooh! I'm sooo on that!

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com