R8500 and unknown AGP BIOS options.

Mr_Perfect

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2001
I recently replaced my old PCI 3D card with a AGP 64meg Radeon 8500, so I'm not quite sure what to do with some of the AGP options in the BIOS of my A7V333. There are four options that are not documented in the motherboard's manual or explained on ATI's website.

1. Graphics aperature size: I have it set to 64, but I seem to rember someone once saying it should be set to double the card's memory. Double or not?

2. AGP Performance Control: No clue if the 8500 supports is. It's currently disabled

3. AGP fast write controll: Don't know if the 8500 supports this either, so it's disabled.

4. Video Memory Cache Mode: It's at UnCacheable. Could I use USWC?

If any one knows what settings I should use, let me know. :)

Mr. Perfect <i>a name fraught with peril</i>

Descent, because gravity is highly over-rated.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
1.) I always set it to 128MB, as this is the most any of my graphics programs require it to be set at.
2.) What are your settings under this option?
3.) I'd turn it on, even though it's not much of a boost
4.) USWC is supposed to perform better I think, but I've tried it on various systems with no detectable performance increase, so I leave it at default for the board.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Yea....

AMD Athlon "ThunderBird" 1.2Ghz/ECSK7S5A/BBA Radeon8500LE 290-301Mhz/256DDR 2100/Maxtor40Gigger/PhillipsSurround/Vantec digital display/Enermax Lan case with blue cathodes and fans.