Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Basic questions about reaction cards, tapping and wakes

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 5:17:36 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Ok, this is a "just to make sure" post.

Some reaction cards have the text template "tap this X to...". This clearly
requires a tap for the effect to happen, so playing Wake + this card would
not work. Example: Wake + superior Babble does not work.

On the other hand, lots of reaction cards have text like "Tap this reacting
X." or "tap this X and...". In this case, the tap is just a side effect and
the card can be combined with Wake. Example: Wake + Car Bomb works.

So only reaction cards that have text templates like "tap this X to..." or
"tap the reacting X to..." require the tap (and don't work with Wake)?

//Petri
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 5:17:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

In article <ijkSd.1740$vh1.238@reader1.news.jippii.net>, Petri Wessman wrote:
> Ok, this is a "just to make sure" post.
>
> Some reaction cards have the text template "tap this X to...". This clearly
> requires a tap for the effect to happen, so playing Wake + this card would
> not work. Example: Wake + superior Babble does not work.
>
How come?

Wake with Evening's Freshness
Do not replace until your next untap phase.
Only usable by a tapped vampire. This reacting vampire can use reaction
cards and attempt to block *as though untapped*
until the current action is concluded.

are you saying that an untapped vampire may not be tapped?

> On the other hand, lots of reaction cards have text like "Tap this reacting
> X." or "tap this X and...". In this case, the tap is just a side effect and
> the card can be combined with Wake. Example: Wake + Car Bomb works.
>
Again, does it matter, as the minion plays the card as though untapped.

> So only reaction cards that have text templates like "tap this X to..." or
> "tap the reacting X to..." require the tap (and don't work with Wake)?
>
> //Petri
>
Realized this just after the tournament ;-)

--
Ville Takanen
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 5:17:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"Petri Wessman" <nospam@orava.org> wrote in message
news:ijkSd.1740$vh1.238@reader1.news.jippii.net...
> Ok, this is a "just to make sure" post.
>
> Some reaction cards have the text template "tap this X to...". This
clearly
> requires a tap for the effect to happen, so playing Wake + this card
would
> not work. Example: Wake + superior Babble does not work.
>
> On the other hand, lots of reaction cards have text like "Tap this
reacting
> X." or "tap this X and...". In this case, the tap is just a side effect
and
> the card can be combined with Wake. Example: Wake + Car Bomb works.
>
> So only reaction cards that have text templates like "tap this X to..."
or
> "tap the reacting X to..." require the tap (and don't work with Wake)?


Correct.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 5:17:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"Vili" <my.name@helsinki.fi.invalid> wrote in message
news:slrnd1jnre.4ck2.Sator@sirppi.helsinki.fi...
> In article <ijkSd.1740$vh1.238@reader1.news.jippii.net>, Petri Wessman
wrote:
> > Ok, this is a "just to make sure" post.
> >
> > Some reaction cards have the text template "tap this X to...". This
clearly
> > requires a tap for the effect to happen, so playing Wake + this card
would
> > not work. Example: Wake + superior Babble does not work.
> >
> How come?
>
> Wake with Evening's Freshness
> Do not replace until your next untap phase.
> Only usable by a tapped vampire. This reacting vampire can use reaction
> cards and attempt to block *as though untapped*
> until the current action is concluded.
>
> are you saying that an untapped vampire may not be tapped?

No. He's saying that a tapped vampire cannot "tap to" do something.
He is correct in that regard.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 5:17:39 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

In article <cvcnvc$5pd$1@domitilla.aioe.org>, LSJ wrote:
> No. He's saying that a tapped vampire cannot "tap to" do something.
> He is correct in that regard.
>
Um... Ok. It just sounded wierd. 'cos you know, the "as though untapped"
thing. I kind of figured that an untapped minion could tap to do
something.

I could have even argued that a minion may "tap to" to do something
but the babble text was: "tap this minion to" and
not "this minion taps to".

Thanks for the clarification.

> --
> LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
> V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
> Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
>


--
Ville Takanen
!