Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows 8 the most secure os

Last response: in Windows 8
July 30, 2012 6:41:58 PM

I had more or less decided that windows 8 was not somthing i wanted, but after reading that it would be faster for gaming with dx 11.1 and now no hacker at blackhat has been able to crack it yet....

article from extremetech.com

Windows 8 is shaping up to be the most secure desktop and mobile OS:

After a week of rampant hacking at the Black Hat and DEF CON security conferences in Las Vegas, one operating system surprisingly escaped unscathed: Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 8. It is looking like Windows 8 will be the most secure desktop OS out there — and perhaps the most secure mobile OS, too.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/133658-windows-8-i...

More about : windows secure

July 30, 2012 7:16:04 PM

now, i believe they did go on to saying that it was not hackable by a certain degree of effort, they did say it is hackable but the percentage of people that can even perform the hacks already work as white hats for these big companies.
July 30, 2012 7:26:05 PM

Thats a joke. If you want security go linux. Gaming will not be better, only worse on Win8 due to bugs, issues, and the fact that its a beta test.
Related resources
July 30, 2012 7:29:13 PM

DarkOutlaw said:
Thats a joke. If you want security go linux. Gaming will not be better, only worse on Win8 due to bugs, issues, and the fact that its a beta test.

agreed on the linux part, i don't believe windows will ever be such an amazing secure OS as long as it is one of the top used.

I am currently using Win8 because im too lazy to re-install 7 and I have had no reason to switch back since everything i used in 7 works in 8. Games all run fine +/- a couple frames depending on game but all around runs just as good.
July 30, 2012 7:36:00 PM

DarkOutlaw said:

Most of the hate from game developers is due to the integrated app store; and it's simply due to the fact that it threatens their margins. Linux is a great OS, but you can't easily break free of DirectX for gaming, WINE can only get you so far.

Regarding the article, the OS has only been available in preview format for 6 months or so, not enough time to fairly take it to task on security; certainly they've done a good job closing holes, but you can't know how well until there is money to be made by finding the holes.

Best solution

July 30, 2012 7:53:08 PM

the great randini said:
nvidia doesn't seem to think linux is for gaming.

see story on toms hardware
http://media.bestofmicro.com/linus,W-5-342005-13.png

that news made me laugh when i read it.

well of course linux is not for gaming since almost all hardware and software for gaming is being built around directX.

as well we will probably not see too many games on linux for quite some time since the majority of people (general public) will still be using windows or Mac.
July 30, 2012 8:07:35 PM

Best answer selected by The Great Randini.
August 19, 2012 10:11:25 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!