[LSJ] Proxy Kissed - Obvious questions?

Relevent text:
"Master: out-of-turn
Put this card on a Giovanni when you
move that giovanni from your uncontrolled
region....... during your influence phase"

"gains one level of potence and one level
of fortitude"

Q1: A master out of turn card usable only during
your turn, but without the text found on say,
Absolution of the diaberist. Is it simply card
text (instructing you on when to use it) overruling
the rulebook as per 1.4.. Golden rule for cards?

Q2: One level.
If I have none of the discipline it is pretty straight forward,
I get it at inferior.
If I have it at inferior already do I gain superior or does
it not add?

Thanks,
-JTP

John P. wrote:

> Relevent text:
> "Master: out-of-turn
> Put this card on a Giovanni when you
> move that giovanni from your uncontrolled
> region....... during your influence phase"
>
> "gains one level of potence and one level
> of fortitude"
>
> Q1: A master out of turn card usable only during
> your turn, but without the text found on say,
> Absolution of the diaberist. Is it simply card
> text (instructing you on when to use it) overruling
> the rulebook as per 1.4.. Golden rule for cards?

Card text. See also: Emergency Preparations.

> Q2: One level.
> If I have none of the discipline it is pretty straight forward,
> I get it at inferior.
> If I have it at inferior already do I gain superior or does
> it not add?

Superior. See also: Seal of Veddartha.

--Colin McGuigan

"Colin McGuigan" <maguaSPAM@BGONEspeakeasy.net> wrote in message
> John P. wrote:
>
> > Relevent text:
> > "Master: out-of-turn
> > Put this card on a Giovanni when you
> > move that giovanni from your uncontrolled
> > region....... during your influence phase"
> >
> > "gains one level of potence and one level
> > of fortitude"
> >
> > Q1: A master out of turn card usable only during
> > your turn, but without the text found on say,
> > Absolution of the diaberist. Is it simply card
> > text (instructing you on when to use it) overruling
> > the rulebook as per 1.4.. Golden rule for cards?
>
> Card text. See also: Emergency Preparations.

Correct.

> > Q2: One level.
> > If I have none of the discipline it is pretty straight forward,
> > I get it at inferior.
> > If I have it at inferior already do I gain superior or does
> > it not add?
>
> Superior. See also: Seal of Veddartha.

Correct. See also:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/rulebook.html#sec1_6

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Another obvious question.

If the Giovanni you are moving into your ready region already has POT,
can Proxy Kissed be played, or is it the same as with the Master
Discipline that it cannot be played on a vampire with POT.

There isn't the text to state it can't be and, therefore, I would
assume that you could, but I would like to have this clarified. A deck
idea is coming to me, and I would like to know if it is possible.

Cheers

Andy
VEKN Setite Ruler of Cambridge, UK

On 8 Mar 2005 01:06:23 -0800, Slytherin <andyb@operamail.com> wrote:

> Another obvious question.
>
> If the Giovanni you are moving into your ready region already has POT,
> can Proxy Kissed be played, or is it the same as with the Master
> Discipline that it cannot be played on a vampire with POT.
>
> There isn't the text to state it can't be and, therefore, I would
> assume that you could, but I would like to have this clarified. A deck
> idea is coming to me, and I would like to know if it is possible.

Master:Discipline cards state that they cannot be put on vampires who
already possess the superior level of the discipline. There is no
inherent restriction, only that provided by card tect. Since Proxy
Kissed has no such restriction, it can be played on a vampire with
Superior Potence.

--
Bye,

Daneel