Laptop coolers - Zalman nc-3000u or cooler master u3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarfraz_95

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hello,

i want to ask which laptop cooler is the best out of these two - zalman nc-3000u or cooler master u3?
i mean both are really good and i like both of them but i dont know which one to get. i dont care about the prices of them or anything, jus the performance of the product and if it works

I bought the Cooler Master U2 (2 fans) to cool my 3 month old laptop; Lenovo Y470. Unfortunately, it did not cool my laptop at all. I don't think the problem is the Cooler Master though because I've read reviews where it cooled down other laptops by 3C to 5C. I think my issue is the internal design of the Y470 which somehow blocks the blown air from reaching the CPU and GPU. I would open up my laptop to investigate, but that would void my 3 year warranty.

I bought the Cooler Master because the movable fans allows you to place them directly under a vent.

I have one sole experience w/ laptop coolers...... I bought a rather fancy smancy one some years back.....can't remember the brand, three fans .... it plugged into a USB port.....using it raised my MoBo / CPU temps.....the load pulled thru the USB port exceeded any gain from the fans.

I took an engineer's scale outta my drawer that I pop under the back of the laptop to raise it 3/4 " off the desktop...it does just fine.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
If you absolutely must have one, go with Zalman. I can give you a nice story about them if you want, but I'll just say that their customer service is really something.

I'm with Jack on this, though - the best thing you can do is to just get it up off of the work surface an inch or two and get some airflow underneath it.

Status
Not open for further replies.