Best Precons

I'm trying to give a friend a good jyhad tutorial in a balanced
environment. I'd like to do this with the precon decks, since they seem
to be very versatile and cover many different sides to the game. Which
precons do your guys think are the best? I need at least four that will
be well balanced against each other.
8 answers Last reply
More about best precons

    deq...@sanguinis.net wrote:
    > I'm trying to give a friend a good jyhad tutorial in a balanced
    > environment. I'd like to do this with the precon decks, since they
    seem
    > to be very versatile and cover many different sides to the game.
    Which
    > precons do your guys think are the best? I need at least four that
    will
    > be well balanced against each other.

    The most recent four, !Gan/Baali/Alastor/Anathema, seem well-balanced
    relative to each other and interact in various interesting ways.

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 deqlan@sanguinis.net wrote:

    > I'm trying to give a friend a good jyhad tutorial in a balanced
    > environment. I'd like to do this with the precon decks, since they seem
    > to be very versatile and cover many different sides to the game. Which
    > precons do your guys think are the best? I need at least four that will
    > be well balanced against each other.

    There isn't a whole lot of agreement about which precons are the best. If
    you're introducing the game to a new player, I'd probably go with
    Camarilla Edition or Sabbat War starters. That way you don't have to
    worry about Red Lists, Anarchs, Black Hand, etc. Those two sets are the
    base sets. The Cam starters in particular are high on staple cards and
    very playable. I'd go with them unless your friend likes the Sabbat in
    particular.

    Matt Morgan

    On 22 Feb 2005 07:33:43 -0800, deqlan@sanguinis.net wrote:

    >I'm trying to give a friend a good jyhad tutorial in a balanced
    >environment. I'd like to do this with the precon decks, since they seem
    >to be very versatile and cover many different sides to the game. Which
    >precons do your guys think are the best? I need at least four that will
    >be well balanced against each other.

    How about Lasombra, Tremere, Gangrel and maybe Baali? It would be nice
    to include a more votey starter, but those are just not available.
    Yes, the Malkavian, Anarch Baron and both Toreadors are fairly
    vote-heavy, but they also are among the weaker starter decks.

    If you feel a little conservative, you may opt to leave the Baali out
    and replace it with maybe Brujah or Nosferatu Antitribu, or Giovanni
    if so inclined. Ravnos might work as well, although it lacks ousting
    power.

    In general, I would avoid the Malkavian starter, since the vampires in
    it cannot make up their mind on their clan disciplines.
    The Lynxkitten

    History is not written by those who are right
    But by those who are left

    <deqlan@sanguinis.net> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to give a friend a good jyhad tutorial in a balanced
    > environment. I'd like to do this with the precon decks, since they seem
    > to be very versatile and cover many different sides to the game. Which
    > precons do your guys think are the best? I need at least four that will
    > be well balanced against each other.

    Lasombra
    Giovanni
    Brujah
    !Malkavian

    Regards
    DaveZ
    Atom Weaver

    "David Zopf" <davidxzopf@snetx.net> wrote in message

    > <deqlan@sanguinis.net> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to give a friend a good jyhad tutorial in a balanced
    >> environment. I'd like to do this with the precon decks, since they seem
    >> to be very versatile and cover many different sides to the game. Which
    >> precons do your guys think are the best? I need at least four that will
    >> be well balanced against each other.
    >>

    > Lasombra
    > Giovanni
    > Brujah
    > !Malkavian

    With a caveat: the Brujah deck may suffer losses a bit more often than the
    others.

    > Regards
    > DaveZ
    > Atom Weaver

    Combat decks work well with my group.
    The Nos, !Nos, Bru, !Bru and Gangrel fared very well.

    Aside from the, the Lasombra, Tremere and Giovanni also fared very well,
    showing not only versatility, but some degree of lasting power as well.
    <deqlan@sanguinis.net> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to give a friend a good jyhad tutorial in a balanced
    > environment. I'd like to do this with the precon decks, since they seem
    > to be very versatile and cover many different sides to the game. Which
    > precons do your guys think are the best? I need at least four that will
    > be well balanced against each other.

    I think the best (i.e. strongest and most logical, best flow and
    consistency) ones are the following:
    Ventrue
    Tremere
    Nosferatu Antitribu
    Giovanni (or maybe Lasombra)

    The Nosferatu, Malkavian and !Toreador decks are all over the place.
    Malk anti could work too (and comes with three Eagles Sights,
    winnar!!!), but has too much politics in it that detracts from its
    strenghts as a bleed deck.

    Brujah or !Brujah could also work if you want to throw a combat heavy
    deck in there, but Tremere and !Nosferatu should have enough combat to
    get people into it.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    <deqlan@sanguinis.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I'm trying to give a friend a good jyhad tutorial in a balanced
    > environment. I'd like to do this with the precon decks, since they seem
    > to be very versatile and cover many different sides to the game. Which
    > precons do your guys think are the best? I need at least four that will
    > be well balanced against each other.

    I strongly recommend that you reduce yourseld on precons featuring cards in
    the "new" layout, since these are the ones your new players are most likely
    to see more frequently. Aside from that you also can skip the explanation on
    why WW changed the layout. Usually this is not a good start. ;-) Therefore
    all of the Sabbat War and Final Nights-starters are out of consideration.

    I agree that Ventrue and Brujah are very OK, as is the aforementioned
    !Malkavian deck. Four the fourth deck I'd go with Tremere (or !Tremere).

    Regards
    Sascha

Games Tutorial Video Games