forum style text based rpg's

anyone know some forum style text based rpg sites or maybe
would like to start one here on usenet?
6 answers Last reply
More about forum style text based

    Siraj Kutlusan wrote:
    > anyone know some forum style text based rpg sites

    You can find two popular ones here:

    http://forum.rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=30
    http://boards1.wizards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=278

    > or maybe would like to start one here on usenet?

    This has been discussed not long ago; most people are against actually
    playing here. You can recruit people for your game here, though. I'm
    actually running a game right now with people from this group, here:

    http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=206745

    Laszlo

    ok thanks for the reply mate. why should people be against it
    being played here though?

    Because it would interfere with their flame wars, and attention whoring.

    Siraj Kutlusan <defcon8@mailinator.com> wrote:
    > ok thanks for the reply mate. why should people be against it
    > being played here though?

    Because this is a discussion group, not a storytelling group. People
    gather here specifically because they want to talk about the game on
    Usenet, not play it here, and the group charter reflects that.

    In general, Usenet regulars don't like changes to group policies.
    --
    Bradd W. Szonye
    http://www.szonye.com/bradd

    "Repent Jerry Chesko!" said the Ticktockman. "Get Stuffed!" Jerry
    Chesko replied. Then he added:

    > Another question then before I go galavanting through the electron
    > macroscape is: Is it also possible to set up the filters on a group by
    > group basis or are the filters universal?

    Some, like the number of group xposted, are universal.

    Others, like watching for certain posters or keywords, can be set up on a
    group by group basis. Besides killing, you can use this to score messages
    up or down, so keywords or posters you're interested in will be
    highlighted.

    --
    Billy Yank

    Quinn: "I'm saying it's us, or them."
    Murphy: "Well I choose them."
    Q: "That's NOT an option!"
    M: "Then you shouldn't have framed it as one."
    -Sealab 2021

    Billy Yank's Baldur's Gate Photo Portraits
    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2xvw6/

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:50:44 +0300, Siraj Kutlusan
    <defcon8@mailinator.com> wrote:

    >anyone know some forum style text based rpg sites or maybe
    >would like to start one here on usenet?

    I think this is the best site but it is not exactly easy to find
    using Google: <http://rpol.net/?date=1125305925> and don't take
    my word for it I'm no PbEM expert.

    Here are some more sites:

    http://www.2d10.com/