forum style text based rpg's

anyone know some forum style text based rpg sites or maybe
would like to start one here on usenet?

Siraj Kutlusan wrote:
> anyone know some forum style text based rpg sites

You can find two popular ones here:

http://forum.rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=30
http://boards1.wizards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=278

> or maybe would like to start one here on usenet?

This has been discussed not long ago; most people are against actually
playing here. You can recruit people for your game here, though. I'm
actually running a game right now with people from this group, here:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=206745

Laszlo

ok thanks for the reply mate. why should people be against it
being played here though?

Because it would interfere with their flame wars, and attention whoring.

Siraj Kutlusan <defcon8@mailinator.com> wrote:
> ok thanks for the reply mate. why should people be against it
> being played here though?

Because this is a discussion group, not a storytelling group. People
gather here specifically because they want to talk about the game on
Usenet, not play it here, and the group charter reflects that.

In general, Usenet regulars don't like changes to group policies.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd

"Repent Jerry Chesko!" said the Ticktockman. "Get Stuffed!" Jerry
Chesko replied. Then he added:

> Another question then before I go galavanting through the electron
> macroscape is: Is it also possible to set up the filters on a group by
> group basis or are the filters universal?

Some, like the number of group xposted, are universal.

Others, like watching for certain posters or keywords, can be set up on a
group by group basis. Besides killing, you can use this to score messages
up or down, so keywords or posters you're interested in will be
highlighted.

--
Billy Yank

Quinn: "I'm saying it's us, or them."
Murphy: "Well I choose them."
Q: "That's NOT an option!"
M: "Then you shouldn't have framed it as one."
-Sealab 2021

Billy Yank's Baldur's Gate Photo Portraits
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2xvw6/

zeno

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:50:44 +0300, Siraj Kutlusan
<defcon8@mailinator.com> wrote:

>anyone know some forum style text based rpg sites or maybe
>would like to start one here on usenet?

I think this is the best site but it is not exactly easy to find
using Google: <http://rpol.net/?date=1125305925> and don't take
my word for it I'm no PbEM expert.

Here are some more sites:

http://www.2d10.com/