lsj Grasp of the Python and Dead Hand

These both read

Strike: Make a hand strike...

Can I play a hand strike from amongst the cards in my hand, like,
pushing the limits?

Pushing the Limits says "Make a hand strike or melee weapon strike at
+2 damage". But here I understand the context of including the
additional text of "make a".

Compare to Earthschock
"Strike: Strength Ranged Damage."

Why doesn't it say "Strike: Make a strength ranged damage strike" or
something similar? I suppose that's because it isn't a 'type' of
strike, like 'hand' or 'melee'.

Why couldn't you have just said "Strike: Strength damage..." It would
be clear from the rulesbook that that strike would have been a 'hand'
strike, wouldn't it?
2 answers Last reply
More about grasp python dead hand

    "Screaming Vermillian" <vermillian69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > These both read
    >
    > Strike: Make a hand strike...
    >
    > Can I play a hand strike from amongst the cards in my hand, like,
    > pushing the limits?

    No.

    > Why couldn't you have just said "Strike: Strength damage..." It would
    > be clear from the rulesbook that that strike would have been a 'hand'
    > strike, wouldn't it?

    You'd think so, but apparently it isn't.
    So I've started using the above template to
    reinforce the idea that it is, indeed, a hand strike.

    --
    LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
    V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

    LSJ wrote:
    > "Screaming Vermillian" <vermillian69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > These both read
    > >
    > > Strike: Make a hand strike...
    > >
    > > Can I play a hand strike from amongst the cards in my hand, like,
    > > pushing the limits?
    >
    > No.
    >
    > > Why couldn't you have just said "Strike: Strength damage..." It
    would
    > > be clear from the rulesbook that that strike would have been a
    'hand'
    > > strike, wouldn't it?
    >
    > You'd think so, but apparently it isn't.

    You have had troubles with that in the past? Well... now you get jerks
    like me asking questions about something different now. :)

    Really, I realize now that its been that way for a while (the
    templating), but I just now noticed.

    Thanks for answering a boring obvious question.

Python Games Video Games