lsj Grasp of the Python and Dead Hand

Last response: in Video Games
February 24, 2005 11:37:00 AM

These both read

Strike: Make a hand strike...

Can I play a hand strike from amongst the cards in my hand, like,
pushing the limits?

Pushing the Limits says "Make a hand strike or melee weapon strike at
+2 damage". But here I understand the context of including the
additional text of "make a".

Compare to Earthschock
"Strike: Strength Ranged Damage."

Why doesn't it say "Strike: Make a strength ranged damage strike" or
something similar? I suppose that's because it isn't a 'type' of
strike, like 'hand' or 'melee'.

Why couldn't you have just said "Strike: Strength damage..." It would
be clear from the rulesbook that that strike would have been a 'hand'
strike, wouldn't it?
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 4:21:45 PM

"Screaming Vermillian" <vermillian69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> These both read
>
> Strike: Make a hand strike...
>
> Can I play a hand strike from amongst the cards in my hand, like,
> pushing the limits?

No.

> Why couldn't you have just said "Strike: Strength damage..." It would
> be clear from the rulesbook that that strike would have been a 'hand'
> strike, wouldn't it?

You'd think so, but apparently it isn't.
So I've started using the above template to
reinforce the idea that it is, indeed, a hand strike.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ wrote:
> "Screaming Vermillian" <vermillian69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > These both read
> >
> > Strike: Make a hand strike...
> >
> > Can I play a hand strike from amongst the cards in my hand, like,
> > pushing the limits?
>
> No.
>
> > Why couldn't you have just said "Strike: Strength damage..." It
would
> > be clear from the rulesbook that that strike would have been a
'hand'
> > strike, wouldn't it?
>
> You'd think so, but apparently it isn't.

You have had troubles with that in the past? Well... now you get jerks
like me asking questions about something different now. :)

Really, I realize now that its been that way for a while (the
templating), but I just now noticed.

Thanks for answering a boring obvious question.
!