A perfect way for gf3ti200 to handle old D3Dgames!

inverter

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2002
I finally found a perfect way for my gf3ti200 to handle finalfantasy7(pc version).
I use RIVA TUNER to activate 6xS,then activate "Enable multisample masking". And disable anisotropy.
By doing this,my celeron 1200+ gf3ti200(detonator4109) can run this game perfectly(...almost:p because stability is still a hard task for my system). And 6xS is stable than 8xS mode.
It is a solution for new nvidia graphic card(like gf3)to play this game.
This method also can be used to handle old pc games like "Resident Evil 2" or "Tomb Raider :The Last Revelation(it is not necessary to enable multisample masking)"....

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Dude.

There's a fix for FF7, already. And that's only for XP; Winme will run it just fine. And TR4 will play at 640x480, just fine too. I've gotten TR5 to play, but yet again, it's limited to 640x480.

All that's under XP. If you have a Geforce4 Ti4200, using Windows Millenium, all those games you mentioned will play just fine without any special hacks or tweaks. At 1600x1200x32. But since the hardware kicks so much ass, you're best off by cranking up the AA and Ansio to absolute maxx, just to give the card a little bit of work to do.

"I personally think filesystems should be rewritten from scratch every 5 years..." --- Hans Reiser

inverter

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2002
In fact, some graphic problems will occur if you try to use original FSAA4x to run these games by gf3ti200. Without antialiasing, there will be no difference between gf3ti200 and voodoo2, and voodoo2 has better game compatibility.

However,6xS mode + multisample masking can help solve the problem and make it possible for gf3ti200 to run more old games with antialiasing effect.

Take ff7 for an example, game's background looks like a gridwork when you try to use original fsaa. Besides, game windows and texts become ugly. Maybe the patch for Winxp solves the problem, but my method is also useful when you play the game with Win9x.

Resident evil2 has same problem like ff7.But 6xS+multisample masking do solve the problem,too.

Talking about TR4, using original fsaa4x with gf3ti200 really has good antialiasing effect, but Lara's face will also become a gridwork...if you take a close look :p The problem makes antialiasing effect useless. Therefore,I didn't believe gf3ti200 can replace my old voodoo2 for a long time. But the miracle happens! What a great gospel for new nvdia cards to play old d3d games! Now I can use gf3ti200 to play more old d3d games perfectly:) I

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by inverter on 03/02/03 04:19 PM.</EM></FONT></P>