In article <Xns96BF7A68BA2C8rsingers@IP-Hidden>,
Robert Singers <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote:
>Between saving the world and having a spot of tea David Alex Lamb said
>
>> OOTS#214:
>> http://giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=214
>
>Face it, anyone here who doesn't read Order of the Stick regularly deserves
>constant abuse.

Acutally I expected most here had read it, but there was going to be more; I
was too zoned out to finish the post and sent it rather than aborting it
(probabluy related to the zoning out).

Mos of OOTS is pretty funny. This is the first one in a long time (possibly
ever) that I didn't like. I think I'm oversensitive to people insisting
Paladins have to be stupid to keep their paladinhood.

On 27 Aug 2005 19:35:55 GMT, dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca (David Alex Lamb)
carved upon a tablet of ether:

> Mos of OOTS is pretty funny. This is the first one in a long time (possibly
> ever) that I didn't like. I think I'm oversensitive to people insisting
> Paladins have to be stupid to keep their paladinhood.

I don't think that's the point of that particular strip. AFAICT the
paladin is completely over the top in every way, and this is just
another example of it.

--
Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz>
should be free."

Mark Blunden wrote:
> David Alex Lamb wrote:
> > In article <Xns96BF7A68BA2C8rsingers@IP-Hidden>,
> > Robert Singers <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea David Alex Lamb
> >> said

> >> Face it, anyone here who doesn't read Order of the Stick regularly
> >> deserves constant abuse.
> >
> > Acutally I expected most here had read it, but there was going to be
> > more; I was too zoned out to finish the post and sent it rather than
> > aborting it (probabluy related to the zoning out).
> >
> > Mos of OOTS is pretty funny. This is the first one in a long time
> > (possibly ever) that I didn't like. I think I'm oversensitive to
> > people insisting Paladins have to be stupid to keep their paladinhood.
>
> http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=215
>
> O ye of little faith.

OH MY GOD YES! *weeps tears of joy*

Laszlo

David Alex Lamb wrote:
> In article <Xns96BF7A68BA2C8rsingers@IP-Hidden>,
> Robert Singers <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea David Alex Lamb
>> said
>>
>>> OOTS#214:
>>> http://giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=214
>>
>> Face it, anyone here who doesn't read Order of the Stick regularly
>> deserves constant abuse.
>
> Acutally I expected most here had read it, but there was going to be
> more; I was too zoned out to finish the post and sent it rather than
> aborting it (probabluy related to the zoning out).
>
> Mos of OOTS is pretty funny. This is the first one in a long time
> (possibly ever) that I didn't like. I think I'm oversensitive to
> people insisting Paladins have to be stupid to keep their paladinhood.

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=215

O ye of little faith.

--
Mark.

I had never seen this strip before; when I saw it in this thread,
curiosity drove me to the site. Episode 214 was so damned funny I went
back and read the ENTIRE thing in one setting, from episode #1.

I have never laughed so hard in my life.

It's like watching my group!! I swear!!!!

In article <3ng0gvF1a95pU1@individual.net>,
Mark Blunden <m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> wrote:
>David Alex Lamb wrote:
>> Mos of OOTS is pretty funny. This is the first one in a long time
>> (possibly ever) that I didn't like. I think I'm oversensitive to
>> people insisting Paladins have to be stupid to keep their paladinhood.
>
>http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=215
>
>O ye of little faith.

You're right; I should have trusted Rich.

KAOS

On 27 Aug 2005 19:35:55 GMT, dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca (David Alex Lamb)
dared speak in front of ME:

>In article <Xns96BF7A68BA2C8rsingers@IP-Hidden>,
>Robert Singers <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Between saving the world and having a spot of tea David Alex Lamb said
>>
>>> OOTS#214:
>>> http://giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=214
>>
>>Face it, anyone here who doesn't read Order of the Stick regularly deserves
>>constant abuse.
>
>Acutally I expected most here had read it, but there was going to be more; I
>was too zoned out to finish the post and sent it rather than aborting it
>(probabluy related to the zoning out).
>
>Mos of OOTS is pretty funny. This is the first one in a long time (possibly
>ever) that I didn't like. I think I'm oversensitive to people insisting
>Paladins have to be stupid to keep their paladinhood.

She redeems herself...

http://giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=215

"You didn't actually think I'd be stupid enough to allow the enemy to
completely surround me without a valid strategic plan in mind?"

--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.

On 27 Aug 2005 19:35:55 GMT, dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca (David Alex Lamb)
scribed into the ether:

>In article <Xns96BF7A68BA2C8rsingers@IP-Hidden>,
>Robert Singers <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Between saving the world and having a spot of tea David Alex Lamb said
>>
>>> OOTS#214:
>>> http://giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=214
>>
>>Face it, anyone here who doesn't read Order of the Stick regularly deserves
>>constant abuse.
>
>Acutally I expected most here had read it, but there was going to be more; I
>was too zoned out to finish the post and sent it rather than aborting it
>(probabluy related to the zoning out).
>
>Mos of OOTS is pretty funny. This is the first one in a long time (possibly
>ever) that I didn't like. I think I'm oversensitive to people insisting
>Paladins have to be stupid to keep their paladinhood.

Miko is not behaving that way because Paladins must behave that way, she's
behaving that way because she's the poster-girl for Lawful Stupid.

Matt Frisch wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2005 19:35:55 GMT, dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca (David Alex Lamb)
> scribed into the ether:
>

>>In article <Xns96BF7A68BA2C8rsingers@IP-Hidden>,
>>Robert Singers <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Between saving the world and having a spot of tea David Alex Lamb said

>>>Face it, anyone here who doesn't read Order of the Stick regularly deserves
>>>constant abuse.
>>
>>Acutally I expected most here had read it, but there was going to be more; I
>>was too zoned out to finish the post and sent it rather than aborting it
>>(probabluy related to the zoning out).
>>
>>Mos of OOTS is pretty funny. This is the first one in a long time (possibly
>>ever) that I didn't like. I think I'm oversensitive to people insisting
>>Paladins have to be stupid to keep their paladinhood.
>

> Miko is not behaving that way because Paladins must behave that way, she's
> behaving that way because she's the poster-girl for Lawful Stupid.

She seemed to make a good call and was very effective. What rule was
she blindly following? She actually more bash and impulsive than not.

Shawn Roske <shawn_roske@sympatico.ca> wrote in

> Matt Frisch wrote:
>> On 27 Aug 2005 19:35:55 GMT, dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca (David Alex
>> Lamb) scribed into the ether:

>>>Acutally I expected most here had read it, but there was going to be
>>>more; I was too zoned out to finish the post and sent it rather than
>>>aborting it (probabluy related to the zoning out).
>>>
>>>Mos of OOTS is pretty funny. This is the first one in a long time
>>>(possibly ever) that I didn't like. I think I'm oversensitive to
>>>people insisting Paladins have to be stupid to keep their
>>>paladinhood.
>>

>> Miko is not behaving that way because Paladins must behave that way,
>> she's behaving that way because she's the poster-girl for Lawful
>> Stupid.
>
> She seemed to make a good call and was very effective. What rule was
> she blindly following? She actually more bash and impulsive than not.

In point of fact, she turned out to be smarter than anyone else in the
party.

Not that it takes much.

--
Terry Austin
http://www.hyperbooks.com/

Rupert Boleyn wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 02:50:16 -0000, Terry Austin
> <taustin@hyperbooks.com> carved upon a tablet of ether:
>
> > > She seemed to make a good call and was very effective. What rule was
> > > she blindly following? She actually more bash and impulsive than not.
> > >
> > In point of fact, she turned out to be smarter than anyone else in the
> > party.
>
> Roy's plan was a perfectly god one, if not so inspired.

Not only is Roy's plan a perfectly good one, it involved much less risk
to the party members. Especially personal risk to her.

Failing to communicate her plan to the party ahead of time qualifies as
stupid.

She also states that she meant every word she said, which might imply
that her plan being effective was secondary.

MadKaugh

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:20:30 -0400, Shawn Roske <shawn_roske@sympatico.ca>
scribed into the ether:

>Matt Frisch wrote:
>> On 27 Aug 2005 19:35:55 GMT, dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca (David Alex Lamb)
>> scribed into the ether:

>>>Acutally I expected most here had read it, but there was going to be more; I
>>>was too zoned out to finish the post and sent it rather than aborting it
>>>(probabluy related to the zoning out).
>>>
>>>Mos of OOTS is pretty funny. This is the first one in a long time (possibly
>>>ever) that I didn't like. I think I'm oversensitive to people insisting
>>>Paladins have to be stupid to keep their paladinhood.
>>

>> Miko is not behaving that way because Paladins must behave that way, she's
>> behaving that way because she's the poster-girl for Lawful Stupid.
>
>She seemed to make a good call and was very effective. What rule was
>she blindly following? She actually more bash and impulsive than not.

My comment pre-dated #215, so the ultimate result was as yet unknown.

It was still not a great plan. What if "Elf" and Durkon didn't have
appropriate spells available? She didn't bother to consult with anyone to
let them know what was going on. Lawful Stupid.

No 33 Secretary wrote:

> You're just a sore loser.
>
> --
> "So there is no third law of Terrydynamics."
> -- William Hyde
> Terry Austin
> www.hyperbooks.com

You imagine you've won what?

MadKaugh

No 33 Secretary wrote:

> Madkaugh wrote:
> >
> > No 33 Secretary wrote:
> >>
> >> You're just a sore loser.
> >>
> > You imagine you've won what?
> >
> You imagine you've lost to _me_ why?

Yes, the ducks do fly faster if you paint racing stripes on them.

MadKaugh

Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz> wrote in

> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 02:50:16 -0000, Terry Austin
> <taustin@hyperbooks.com> carved upon a tablet of ether:
>
>> > She seemed to make a good call and was very effective. What rule was
>> > she blindly following? She actually more bash and impulsive than not.
>> >
>> In point of fact, she turned out to be smarter than anyone else in the
>> party.
>
> Roy's plan was a perfectly god one, if not so inspired.

No, the paladin's plan was a perfectly *god* one. Roy's might have been
perfectly go*o*d, but since when can common sense compete with diety?

--

> No 33 Secretary wrote:
>>
>> Madkaugh wrote:

>> > You imagine you've won what?
>> >
>> You imagine you've lost to _me_ why?
>>
> Yes, the ducks do fly faster if you paint racing stripes on them.

There are eels in my hovercraft.

--

No 33 Secretary wrote:
> Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 02:50:16 -0000, Terry Austin
>> <taustin@hyperbooks.com> carved upon a tablet of ether:

>>> In point of fact, she turned out to be smarter than anyone else in
>>> the party.
>>
>> Roy's plan was a perfectly god one, if not so inspired.
>>
> No, the paladin's plan was a perfectly *god* one. Roy's might have
> been perfectly go*o*d, but since when can common sense compete with
> diety?

Lots of diets are based on fads or poorly-conceived pseudo-science, so
common sense outclasses them easily. Deities, on the other hand, have little
or no relation to common sense.

--
Mark.

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:15:35 -0000, No 33 Secretary
<taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> carved upon a tablet of ether:

> Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz> wrote in
>
> > On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 02:50:16 -0000, Terry Austin
> > <taustin@hyperbooks.com> carved upon a tablet of ether:

> >> In point of fact, she turned out to be smarter than anyone else in the
> >> party.
> >
> > Roy's plan was a perfectly god one, if not so inspired.
> >
> No, the paladin's plan was a perfectly *god* one. Roy's might have been
> perfectly go*o*d, but since when can common sense compete with diety?

Yeah, yeah.

--

> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:15:35 -0000, No 33 Secretary
> <taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> carved upon a tablet of ether:
>
>> Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz> wrote in
>>
>> > On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 02:50:16 -0000, Terry Austin
>> > <taustin@hyperbooks.com> carved upon a tablet of ether:

>> > Roy's plan was a perfectly god one, if not so inspired.
>> >
>> No, the paladin's plan was a perfectly *god* one. Roy's might have
>> been perfectly go*o*d, but since when can common sense compete with
>> diety?
>
> Yeah, yeah.

Hey, it was a very ironic typo. Somebody had to say it.

--

Matt Frisch wrote:

> It was still not a great plan. What if "Elf" and Durkon didn't have
> appropriate spells available? She didn't bother to consult with anyone to
> let them know what was going on.

That would've all rather ruined the punchline, wouldn't it now.

> Lawful Stupid.

/Someone/ here is being lawful stupid.

--
tussock