[LSJ] Distant Friend

Distant Friend
Action (Rare)
Dominate/Presence
+1 stealth action.
[dom] [pre] (D) Choose a vampire and put this card in play. If this
action is successful, untap the acting vampire at the end of the turn.
You may burn this card during a referendum to change the votes of the
chosen vampire to votes of your choice.
[DOM PRE] As above, and you can force the chosen vampire to cast his
or her votes when you burn this card.

So exactly, what is the difference between inferior and superior?

Thanks in advance.

Konstantinos Voultsos
prince of jyhad-wasted players

DEMON

at inferior that vampires controller chooses wether to vote or not, if
he votes, you can change the votes. he can abstain to avoid being
forced to vote as you like.

at supoerior you can force the vampire not to abstain.

Wes

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002

"Kaisharga" <thedude@acn.gr> wrote

> So exactly, what is the difference between inferior and superior?

[dom][pre] --> If that vampire votes against your wishes in a given
referendum, you can change their votes. If that vampire doesn't participate
in the referendum at all, you can do nothing.

[DOM][PRE] --> It doesn't matter what that vampire does, its voting the way
you want.

Cheers,
WES

On 26 Feb 2005 01:00:54 -0800, thedude@acn.gr (Kaisharga) wrote:

>Distant Friend
>Action (Rare)
>Dominate/Presence
>+1 stealth action.
>[dom] [pre] (D) Choose a vampire and put this card in play. If this
>action is successful, untap the acting vampire at the end of the turn.
>You may burn this card during a referendum to change the votes of the
>chosen vampire to votes of your choice.
>[DOM PRE] As above, and you can force the chosen vampire to cast his
>or her votes when you burn this card.
>

>So exactly, what is the difference between inferior and superior?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Already did this one a while ago, so I'm confidant in my answer.

At basic, you can only change the vampire's votes if they involve
themselves in the vote. If they abstain, there's nothing you can do.
At superior, you can make them make a decision.

The essential difference is that at basic, it's more of a negation
than a vote push (You vote for, I'll change it, so you're better off
not voting). At superior, it's true vote push (Vote MY way).

Morgan Vening

Morgan Vening wrote:
> On 26 Feb 2005 01:00:54 -0800, thedude@acn.gr (Kaisharga) wrote:
>>Distant Friend
>>Action (Rare)
>>Dominate/Presence
>>+1 stealth action.
>>[dom] [pre] (D) Choose a vampire and put this card in play. If this
>>action is successful, untap the acting vampire at the end of the turn.
>>You may burn this card during a referendum to change the votes of the
>>chosen vampire to votes of your choice.
>>[DOM PRE] As above, and you can force the chosen vampire to cast his
>>or her votes when you burn this card.
>>
>>So exactly, what is the difference between inferior and superior?
>
> Already did this one a while ago, so I'm confidant in my answer.
>
> At basic, you can only change the vampire's votes if they involve
> themselves in the vote. If they abstain, there's nothing you can do.
> At superior, you can make them make a decision.
>
> The essential difference is that at basic, it's more of a negation
> than a vote push (You vote for, I'll change it, so you're better off
> not voting). At superior, it's true vote push (Vote MY way).

Correct.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

"Wes" <ghost@NYETSPAMmnsi.net> wrote in message news:<cvpeqe02dsi@enews3.newsguy.com>...
> "Kaisharga" <thedude@acn.gr> wrote
>
> > So exactly, what is the difference between inferior and superior?
>
> [dom][pre] --> If that vampire votes against your wishes in a given
> referendum, you can change their votes. If that vampire doesn't participate
> in the referendum at all, you can do nothing.
>
> [DOM][PRE] --> It doesn't matter what that vampire does, its voting the way
> you want.
>
> Cheers,
> WES

Thanks all.