Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis Pro Ultimate Edition

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 4, 2003 5:27:29 PM

I've read some reviews on the Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis Pro Ultimate Edition, this card does not have a cooling fan. It has a large heat sink which seems to work fairly well. I'm building a PC and would like to keep the fan noise down and this board would help. The problem is I've searched everywhere on the web I can think of and no one has it. Is this a board that has not been released yet only tested ? If it is out there to buy can someone tell who the retailer is and has anyone had experience with it. Thanks for any and all help !!!!
March 4, 2003 6:33:29 PM

The heatsink is the zalman fan. It runs a tad bit hotter, but at stock levels keeps your card at a good temp. Just make sure your case has good ventilation.

You might be able to save a couple bucks by buying a 9700 and adding the heatsink yourself. It may void the warrantee, but it is probably much cheaper.

"Apple is more like the French army. They have great style and class, they often get praised for their valor, and they do everything except win."-<A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com" target="_new">Ed Stroligo</A>
!