KMW is uber-legitimate!

So, I see that the spoiler texts for Kindred Most Wanted are up on the
White Wolf site.
(www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=Checklist_KindredMostWanted if
you haven't seen it yet.)

Yay! The only problem I have is that the ARDB update doesn't seem to be
able to read the new .csv complete spoiler files. Something about the
..csv having one more field than ARDB is expecting? I can't tell if this
is an ARDB problem or a .csv-file problem (I wouldn't have thought KMW
added any new fields to either type of card?). Help?

Oh, I suppose I should submit this ARDB "bug" to Francois the prescribed
way as well. I will do that now. :)

Josh

the anarchs are revolting! but not as much as they used to be!

I'm currently writing a script to import the same CSV files into Monger
to avoid having to manually do it each set...so I hope the CSV files
don't really change much.

----------
Ethan Burrow - the pre/vic guy
http://monger.vekn.org/

Quetzalcoatl

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

texasjusticar wrote:
> I'm currently writing a script to import the same CSV files into
Monger
> to avoid having to manually do it each set...so I hope the CSV files
> don't really change much.

As an aside, which spolier text files are the "official" ones. Is it
the CSV which then generates the TXT and HTML? Or is it the TXT? Or is
it the HTML?

Regards,

"quetzalcoatl" <david@vega.id.au> wrote in message

> texasjusticar wrote:
> > I'm currently writing a script to import the same CSV files into
> Monger
> > to avoid having to manually do it each set...so I hope the CSV files
> > don't really change much.
> >

> As an aside, which spolier text files are the "official" ones. Is it
> the CSV which then generates the TXT and HTML? Or is it the TXT? Or is
> it the HTML?

I believe they all ought to be equivalent. If they aren't, I expect the
maintainer ought to be notified (vtesrep@white-wolf.com). :)

I always quote from the .txt file myself, I don't know if Scott does the
same.

Josh

it's all in the text

Joshua has written:

>So, I see that the spoiler texts for Kindred Most Wanted are up on the

>White Wolf site.
>(www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=Checklist_KindredMostWanted if

>you haven't seen it yet.)

where exactly did you get the csv file?
the file at the address
http://www.white-wolf.com/downloads.php?category_id=38
is still the old one

Andrea

"Joshua Duffin" <jtduffin@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Yay! The only problem I have is that the ARDB update doesn't seem to be
> able to read the new .csv complete spoiler files. Something about the
> .csv having one more field than ARDB is expecting? I can't tell if this
> is an ARDB problem or a .csv-file problem (I wouldn't have thought KMW
> added any new fields to either type of card?). Help?

Might it be because we have a new clan? The ARDB isn't expecting the
Abominations?

--
Colin "Eryx" Goodman
Samedi Primogen

Are you sure that they aren't there just in a different position due to
accent issues?

BTW could you give me the full address of the new csv file?

THX

Andrea

> I usually quote from true source, actually.

Much like "the one ring" I presume?

Ankur

"An experiment verifies a theory if, to obtain the results, you will
not discard more than 50% of the data"
(Murphy law applied to experimental physics)

Andrea

Joshua Duffin wrote:

> So, I see that the spoiler texts for Kindred Most Wanted are up on the
> White Wolf site.
> (www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=Checklist_KindredMostWanted if
> you haven't seen it yet.)
>
> Yay! The only problem I have is that the ARDB update doesn't seem to be
> able to read the new .csv complete spoiler files. Something about the
> ..csv having one more field than ARDB is expecting? I can't tell if this
> is an ARDB problem or a .csv-file problem (I wouldn't have thought KMW
> added any new fields to either type of card?). Help?
>
> Oh, I suppose I should submit this ARDB "bug" to Francois the prescribed
> way as well. I will do that now. :)

There's an "Artist" column now.

If an application isn't looking at the header row, it may get
confused. Deleting the Artist column should restore the CSV
files to the arrangement expected by an application that
read the CSV files before.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

texasjusticar wrote:

> I'm currently writing a script to import the same CSV files into Monger
> to avoid having to manually do it each set...so I hope the CSV files
> don't really change much.

So long as you're parsing the header row (and then keying off of
the position of known columns, like "Clan"), you'll be fine.

--

Joshua Duffin wrote:
>>As an aside, which spolier text files are the "official" ones. Is it
>>the CSV which then generates the TXT and HTML? Or is it the TXT? Or is
>>it the HTML?
>
> I believe they all ought to be equivalent. If they aren't, I expect the
> maintainer ought to be notified (vtesrep@white-wolf.com). :)
>
> I always quote from the .txt file myself, I don't know if Scott does the
> same.

They are all equivalent -- derived from the "true source" data file
I maintain. If they aren't equivalent, it is due to an error in the
program that translates the true source and yes, I ought to be
notified (via email, preferably, or via this newsgroup).

I usually quote from true source, actually.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

i did verify it before posting.

the one i took are dated march 1 at 1.38.12
on the crypt file i find
790 vampires
Catherine du Bois
Celine Chevalier
Chandler Hungerford
on the library
Gestalt
Ghoul Escort
Ghoul Retainer
Ghouled Street Thug
Ghouled
Giant's Blood

Andrea

<hawaii_xiangqi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > where exactly did you get the csv file?
> > the file at the address
> > http://www.white-wolf.com/downloads.php?category_id=38
> > is still the old one
>
> Did anyone get around to mentioning where this file was now?

Sorry, I neglected to point out before that the really truly current
..txt file and .csv file are not on the "regular" White Wolf VTES site
yet, but are on the "old" VTES pages. (Because LSJ can update the old
ones himself, but not the new ones.)

Go to http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/Downloads.html to find both files
for download, or the direct link for the .csv zip-file is
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/downloads/vtescsv.zip.

Josh

finds the hidden track

sorry about that
i was trying to say that i still do not see the ghouls or celeste (as
an example) if i download the csv zip that has, in fact, a timestamp
1.38
Andrea

<andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it> wrote in message news:1109709156.738474.176960@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> sorry but again i do not find the file with the fixed list
> the one under
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/Downloads.html is still the unfixed one

That page links the most current CSV zip file.
That zip file contains a .csv with a 1:38 PM timestamp (and
dated March 1) -- the most recent one.

Perhaps you need to refresh or clear your cache?

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

sebastian goulet advanced seems missing

minor glitches:
anastasdi zagreb is written as anastaz(space)di
bang knah have two --

Andrea
did i say today "thank you very much for all your constant work".

<andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it> wrote in message news:1109711105.776026.323470@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> i did verify it before posting.
>
> the one i took are dated march 1 at 1.38.12
> on the crypt file i find
> 790 vampires
> Catherine du Bois
> Celine Chevalier
> Chandler Hungerford
> on the library
> Gestalt
> Ghoul Escort
> Ghoul Retainer
> Ghouled Street Thug
> Ghouled
> Giant's Blood

?
I don't understand your sentence.

Someone noted that some (non-ascii-named) vampires were missing.
Those have been added.

Errors I don't know of are likely to be uncorrected.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu

<snip>

Francois has actually solved this problem this afternoon :)
I guess he will soon post the location of the latest version.

However although the automated database update is now working, the .csv
file downloaded from white wolf site seems to be incomplete

at least 3 errors have been reported

- Count Germaine Advanced is not noted as "Advanced" in the
vtescrypt.csv file
- Sebastian Goulet is not present at all (neither base nor advanced)
- Rotschreck is missing too (maybe it will bring some happiness to some
but still :) )

hope this helps
Mochuda

> Are you sure that they aren't there just in a different position due to
> accent issues?

That theory works for everyone but Count Germaine (Adv).

additional strikes : missing

Name: Ambrosio Luis Monçada, Plenipotentiary
Name: Béatrice L'Angou
Name: Célèste Lamontagne
Name: Céleste, The Voice of a Secret
Name: Corine Marcón
Name: Count Germaine (advanced noted as base)
Name: Día de los Muertos
Name: Dónal O'Connor
Name: Gaël Pilet
Name: The Ghouls of Plaza Morería
Name: Rötschreck
Name: San Nicolás de los Servitas
Name: Sébastian Goulet (base + adv)

"Mochuda" <mochuda@NO_arfe.net_SPAM> wrote in message news:4224965e$0$28383$79c14f64@nan-newsreader-07.noos.net...
> additional strikes : missing
>
> Name: Ambrosio Luis Monçada, Plenipotentiary
> Name: Béatrice L'Angou
> Name: Célèste Lamontagne
> Name: Céleste, The Voice of a Secret
> Name: Corine Marcón
> Name: Count Germaine (advanced noted as base)
> Name: Día de los Muertos
> Name: Dónal O'Connor
> Name: Gaël Pilet
> Name: The Ghouls of Plaza Morería
> Name: Rötschreck
> Name: San Nicolás de los Servitas
> Name: Sébastian Goulet (base + adv)

Every card with "extraascii" characters was omitted,
apparently.

All the advanced cards were convoluted with their
base counterparts.

The latter has been fixed.

I'm working on the former.

--

"LSJ" <vtesrep@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:38jnd6F5k1vgvU1@individual.net...
> "Mochuda" <mochuda@NO_arfe.net_SPAM> wrote in message news:4224965e$0$28383$79c14f64@nan-newsreader-07.noos.net...
> > additional strikes : missing
> >
> > Name: Ambrosio Luis Monçada, Plenipotentiary
> > Name: Béatrice L'Angou
> > Name: Célèste Lamontagne
> > Name: Céleste, The Voice of a Secret
> > Name: Corine Marcón
> > Name: Count Germaine (advanced noted as base)
> > Name: Día de los Muertos
> > Name: Dónal O'Connor
> > Name: Gaël Pilet
> > Name: The Ghouls of Plaza Morería
> > Name: Rötschreck
> > Name: San Nicolás de los Servitas
> > Name: Sébastian Goulet (base + adv)
>
> Every card with "extraascii" characters was omitted,
> apparently.
>
> All the advanced cards were convoluted with their
> base counterparts.
>
> The latter has been fixed.
>
> I'm working on the former.

OK. The extraasciily-named cards are in.

Let me know if you find any other absentees (or merges
or whatever).

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu

TRENDING THREADS