Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

KMW is uber-legitimate!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 7:30:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

So, I see that the spoiler texts for Kindred Most Wanted are up on the
White Wolf site.
(www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=Checklist_Kindre... if
you haven't seen it yet.)

Yay! The only problem I have is that the ARDB update doesn't seem to be
able to read the new .csv complete spoiler files. Something about the
..csv having one more field than ARDB is expecting? I can't tell if this
is an ARDB problem or a .csv-file problem (I wouldn't have thought KMW
added any new fields to either type of card?). Help?

Oh, I suppose I should submit this ARDB "bug" to Francois the prescribed
way as well. I will do that now. :-)


Josh

the anarchs are revolting! but not as much as they used to be!

More about : kmw uber legitimate

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 7:30:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

I'm currently writing a script to import the same CSV files into Monger
to avoid having to manually do it each set...so I hope the CSV files
don't really change much.

----------
Ethan Burrow - the pre/vic guy
http://monger.vekn.org/
February 28, 2005 7:30:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

texasjusticar wrote:
> I'm currently writing a script to import the same CSV files into
Monger
> to avoid having to manually do it each set...so I hope the CSV files
> don't really change much.
>

As an aside, which spolier text files are the "official" ones. Is it
the CSV which then generates the TXT and HTML? Or is it the TXT? Or is
it the HTML?

Regards,
D
Related resources
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 11:53:20 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"quetzalcoatl" <david@vega.id.au> wrote in message
news:1109633084.982508.215660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>
> texasjusticar wrote:
> > I'm currently writing a script to import the same CSV files into
> Monger
> > to avoid having to manually do it each set...so I hope the CSV files
> > don't really change much.
> >
>
> As an aside, which spolier text files are the "official" ones. Is it
> the CSV which then generates the TXT and HTML? Or is it the TXT? Or is
> it the HTML?

I believe they all ought to be equivalent. If they aren't, I expect the
maintainer ought to be notified (vtesrep@white-wolf.com). :-)

I always quote from the .txt file myself, I don't know if Scott does the
same.


Josh

it's all in the text
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 5:26:16 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"Joshua Duffin" <jtduffin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:38hgr4F5ookp7U1@individual.net...
>
> Yay! The only problem I have is that the ARDB update doesn't seem to be
> able to read the new .csv complete spoiler files. Something about the
> .csv having one more field than ARDB is expecting? I can't tell if this
> is an ARDB problem or a .csv-file problem (I wouldn't have thought KMW
> added any new fields to either type of card?). Help?

Might it be because we have a new clan? The ARDB isn't expecting the
Abominations?

--
Colin "Eryx" Goodman
Samedi Primogen
Cambridge UK
http://www.geocities.com/eryx_uk/Cambridge_by_night.htm...
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 11:33:01 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Are you sure that they aren't there just in a different position due to
accent issues?

BTW could you give me the full address of the new csv file?

THX

Andrea
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 11:42:39 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> I usually quote from true source, actually.

Much like "the one ring" I presume?

Ankur
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 12:20:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"An experiment verifies a theory if, to obtain the results, you will
not discard more than 50% of the data"
(Murphy law applied to experimental physics)

Andrea
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 1:38:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Joshua Duffin wrote:

> So, I see that the spoiler texts for Kindred Most Wanted are up on the
> White Wolf site.
> (www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=Checklist_Kindre... if
> you haven't seen it yet.)
>
> Yay! The only problem I have is that the ARDB update doesn't seem to be
> able to read the new .csv complete spoiler files. Something about the
> ..csv having one more field than ARDB is expecting? I can't tell if this
> is an ARDB problem or a .csv-file problem (I wouldn't have thought KMW
> added any new fields to either type of card?). Help?
>
> Oh, I suppose I should submit this ARDB "bug" to Francois the prescribed
> way as well. I will do that now. :-)

There's an "Artist" column now.

If an application isn't looking at the header row, it may get
confused. Deleting the Artist column should restore the CSV
files to the arrangement expected by an application that
read the CSV files before.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 1:39:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

texasjusticar wrote:

> I'm currently writing a script to import the same CSV files into Monger
> to avoid having to manually do it each set...so I hope the CSV files
> don't really change much.

So long as you're parsing the header row (and then keying off of
the position of known columns, like "Clan"), you'll be fine.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 1:41:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Joshua Duffin wrote:
>>As an aside, which spolier text files are the "official" ones. Is it
>>the CSV which then generates the TXT and HTML? Or is it the TXT? Or is
>>it the HTML?
>
> I believe they all ought to be equivalent. If they aren't, I expect the
> maintainer ought to be notified (vtesrep@white-wolf.com). :-)
>
> I always quote from the .txt file myself, I don't know if Scott does the
> same.

They are all equivalent -- derived from the "true source" data file
I maintain. If they aren't equivalent, it is due to an error in the
program that translates the true source and yes, I ought to be
notified (via email, preferably, or via this newsgroup).

I usually quote from true source, actually.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 4:05:05 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

i did verify it before posting.

the one i took are dated march 1 at 1.38.12
on the crypt file i find
790 vampires
Catherine du Bois
Celine Chevalier
Chandler Hungerford
on the library
Gestalt
Ghoul Escort
Ghoul Retainer
Ghouled Street Thug
Ghouled
Giant's Blood

Andrea
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 4:05:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

<hawaii_xiangqi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1109699119.568844.75290@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > where exactly did you get the csv file?
> > the file at the address
> > http://www.white-wolf.com/downloads.php?category_id=38
> > is still the old one
>
> Did anyone get around to mentioning where this file was now?

Sorry, I neglected to point out before that the really truly current
..txt file and .csv file are not on the "regular" White Wolf VTES site
yet, but are on the "old" VTES pages. (Because LSJ can update the old
ones himself, but not the new ones.)

Go to http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/Downloads.html to find both files
for download, or the direct link for the .csv zip-file is
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/downloads/vtescsv.zip.


Josh

finds the hidden track
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 4:21:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

sorry about that
i was trying to say that i still do not see the ghouls or celeste (as
an example) if i download the csv zip that has, in fact, a timestamp
1.38
Andrea
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 6:44:25 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

<andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it> wrote in message news:1109709156.738474.176960@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> sorry but again i do not find the file with the fixed list
> the one under
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/Downloads.html is still the unfixed one


That page links the most current CSV zip file.
That zip file contains a .csv with a 1:38 PM timestamp (and
dated March 1) -- the most recent one.

Perhaps you need to refresh or clear your cache?

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 6:50:29 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

sebastian goulet advanced seems missing


minor glitches:
anastasdi zagreb is written as anastaz(space)di
bang knah have two --

Andrea
did i say today "thank you very much for all your constant work".
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 7:10:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

<andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it> wrote in message news:1109711105.776026.323470@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> i did verify it before posting.
>
> the one i took are dated march 1 at 1.38.12
> on the crypt file i find
> 790 vampires
> Catherine du Bois
> Celine Chevalier
> Chandler Hungerford
> on the library
> Gestalt
> Ghoul Escort
> Ghoul Retainer
> Ghouled Street Thug
> Ghouled
> Giant's Blood


?
I don't understand your sentence.

Someone noted that some (non-ascii-named) vampires were missing.
Those have been added.

Errors I don't know of are likely to be uncorrected.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 8:07:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

<snip>

Francois has actually solved this problem this afternoon :-)
I guess he will soon post the location of the latest version.

However although the automated database update is now working, the .csv
file downloaded from white wolf site seems to be incomplete

at least 3 errors have been reported

- Count Germaine Advanced is not noted as "Advanced" in the
vtescrypt.csv file
- Sebastian Goulet is not present at all (neither base nor advanced)
- Rotschreck is missing too (maybe it will bring some happiness to some
but still :-) )

hope this helps
Mochuda
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 8:07:28 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> Are you sure that they aren't there just in a different position due to
> accent issues?
>

That theory works for everyone but Count Germaine (Adv).
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 8:26:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

additional strikes : missing

Name: Ambrosio Luis Monçada, Plenipotentiary
Name: Béatrice L'Angou
Name: Célèste Lamontagne
Name: Céleste, The Voice of a Secret
Name: Corine Marcón
Name: Count Germaine (advanced noted as base)
Name: Día de los Muertos
Name: Dónal O'Connor
Name: Gaël Pilet
Name: The Ghouls of Plaza Morería
Name: Rötschreck
Name: San Nicolás de los Servitas
Name: Sébastian Goulet (base + adv)
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 8:26:05 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"Mochuda" <mochuda@NO_arfe.net_SPAM> wrote in message news:4224965e$0$28383$79c14f64@nan-newsreader-07.noos.net...
> additional strikes : missing
>
> Name: Ambrosio Luis Monçada, Plenipotentiary
> Name: Béatrice L'Angou
> Name: Célèste Lamontagne
> Name: Céleste, The Voice of a Secret
> Name: Corine Marcón
> Name: Count Germaine (advanced noted as base)
> Name: Día de los Muertos
> Name: Dónal O'Connor
> Name: Gaël Pilet
> Name: The Ghouls of Plaza Morería
> Name: Rötschreck
> Name: San Nicolás de los Servitas
> Name: Sébastian Goulet (base + adv)

Every card with "extraascii" characters was omitted,
apparently.

All the advanced cards were convoluted with their
base counterparts.

The latter has been fixed.

I'm working on the former.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 8:26:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"LSJ" <vtesrep@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:38jnd6F5k1vgvU1@individual.net...
> "Mochuda" <mochuda@NO_arfe.net_SPAM> wrote in message news:4224965e$0$28383$79c14f64@nan-newsreader-07.noos.net...
> > additional strikes : missing
> >
> > Name: Ambrosio Luis Monçada, Plenipotentiary
> > Name: Béatrice L'Angou
> > Name: Célèste Lamontagne
> > Name: Céleste, The Voice of a Secret
> > Name: Corine Marcón
> > Name: Count Germaine (advanced noted as base)
> > Name: Día de los Muertos
> > Name: Dónal O'Connor
> > Name: Gaël Pilet
> > Name: The Ghouls of Plaza Morería
> > Name: Rötschreck
> > Name: San Nicolás de los Servitas
> > Name: Sébastian Goulet (base + adv)
>
> Every card with "extraascii" characters was omitted,
> apparently.
>
> All the advanced cards were convoluted with their
> base counterparts.
>
> The latter has been fixed.
>
> I'm working on the former.


OK. The extraasciily-named cards are in.

Let me know if you find any other absentees (or merges
or whatever).

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 10:31:34 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> OK. The extraasciily-named cards are in.
>
> Let me know if you find any other absentees (or merges
> or whatever).

really thank you for your solicitude

it seems ok to me except for Count Germaine adv who is still incomplete

the adv .csv line looks like

"Count Germaine ","Brujah","","4","8","obf CEL FOR POT PRE","Advanced.
etc etc

whereas i guess it should be

"Count Germaine ","Brujah","Advanced","4","8","obf CEL FOR POT
PRE","Advanced. etc etc

all others advanced look ok so maybe it's just a miss in the original
database you have

Mochuda
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 10:31:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"Mochuda" <mochuda@NO_arfe.net_SPAM> wrote in message news:4224b3f1$0$28380$79c14f64@nan-newsreader-07.noos.net...
>
> > OK. The extraasciily-named cards are in.
> >
> > Let me know if you find any other absentees (or merges
> > or whatever).
>
> really thank you for your solicitude
>
> it seems ok to me except for Count Germaine adv who is still incomplete
>
> the adv .csv line looks like
>
> "Count Germaine ","Brujah","","4","8","obf CEL FOR POT PRE","Advanced.
> etc etc
>
> whereas i guess it should be
>
> "Count Germaine ","Brujah","Advanced","4","8","obf CEL FOR POT
> PRE","Advanced. etc etc
>
> all others advanced look ok so maybe it's just a miss in the original
> database you have


Count Germaine is now fixed, as well.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 1:44:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it wrote:
> sorry about that
> i was trying to say that i still do not see the ghouls or celeste (as
> an example) if i download the csv zip that has, in fact, a timestamp
> 1.38
> Andrea

Grrr. Odd. I fixed a bug related to the characters. It fixed some,
but apparently not most.

Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the indulgence. :-)

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 2:06:46 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Thanks!
seems perfect to me now
Andrea
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 2:06:48 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

LSJ wrote:

> andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it wrote:
>
>> sorry about that
>> i was trying to say that i still do not see the ghouls or celeste (as
>> an example) if i download the csv zip that has, in fact, a timestamp
>> 1.38
>> Andrea
>
>
> Grrr. Odd. I fixed a bug related to the characters. It fixed some,
> but apparently not most.
>
> Back to the drawing board.
>
> Thanks for the indulgence. :-)

Feh. Silly silent errors. :-)

Try it now.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 3:53:08 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it wrote:
> sebastian goulet advanced seems missing

Gah! Fixed (again).

> minor glitches:
> anastasdi zagreb is written as anastaz(space)di
> bang knah have two --

These are corrections. They are intended.

> Andrea
> did i say today "thank you very much for all your constant work".


--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 1:55:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it wrote:

> Thanks!
> seems perfect to me now
> Andrea

Hooray. I'll still be waiting for the other shoe to drop, though. :-)

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 6:17:56 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

LSJ wrote:
> andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it wrote:
>
> > Thanks!
> > seems perfect to me now
> > Andrea
>
> Hooray. I'll still be waiting for the other shoe to drop, though. :-)
>
sorry to bother again.
on the library csv file i have the following 87 cards that are cut at
char 255 when opened in excel.
Other cards that are longer are just fine.
if i open the file the text is complete.
i've no idea why is that. maybe some hidden character?
anyone else having this issue?
Andrea

Anarch Secession
Anima Gathering
Antediluvian Awakening
Aranthebes, The Immortal
Armor of Terra
Art's Traumatic Essence
Bauble
Black Hand Ritual
Blessing of Chaos
Blessing of the Name
Blood Clots
Bujo
Call the Great Beast
Cardinal Benediction
Chain of Command
Charming Lobby
Chill of Oblivion
Clio's Kiss
Clotho's Gift
Compel the Spirit
Concordance
Condemnation: Betrayed
Condemnation: Doomed
Condemnation: Languid
Condemnation: Mute
Contagion
Corruption
Create Gargoyle
Descent into Darkness
Distant Friend
Dive into Madness
Divine Sign
Dual Form
Ecstatic Agony
Edge Vitiation
Emergency Powers
Engling Fury
Erosion
Ex Nihilo
Fatuus Mastery
Frozen Object
Gather
Gear Up
Grasp the Ghostly
Guard Duty
Haunt
Island of Yiaros
Khabar: Glory
Kiss of Lachesis
Lifeless Tongues
Masochism
Mind of a Killer
Movement of the Slow Body
Muricia's Call
Nose of the Hound
Nosferatu Bestial
Petra Resonance
Political Struggle
Psychic Projection
Rapid Healing
Rastacourere
Recure of the Homeland
Reformation
Regeneration
Renewed Vigor
Resilient Mind
Resurrection
Rutor's Hand
Seeds of Corruption
Shadow Twin
Shepherd's Innocence
Sibyl's Tongue
Siphon
Songs of the Distant Vitae
Soul Painting
Status Perfectus, The
Summoning, The
Thanks for the Donation
Trainer
Triole's Revenge
Undue Influence
Unwholesome Bond
Victim of Habit
Waters of Duat
Web of Knives Recruit
Wildebeest, The
Zillah's Tears
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 9:58:22 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

LSJ wrote:
> andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it wrote:
> > on the library csv file i have the following 87 cards that are cut
at
> > char 255 when opened in excel.
> > Other cards that are longer are just fine.
> > if i open the file the text is complete.
> > i've no idea why is that. maybe some hidden character?
> > anyone else having this issue?
>
> It's an Excel issue most likely.
> Every field is cut at 255 characters (or whatever number).

i found it
excel cuts at 255 every description starting with "+" (it is so 'smart'
that understand that those are formulas and not text...)

thanks anyway
Andrea
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 1:26:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

<andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it> wrote in message news:1109861902.191483.49060@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>
> LSJ wrote:
> > andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it wrote:
> > > on the library csv file i have the following 87 cards that are cut
> at
> > > char 255 when opened in excel.
> > > Other cards that are longer are just fine.
> > > if i open the file the text is complete.
> > > i've no idea why is that. maybe some hidden character?
> > > anyone else having this issue?
> >
> > It's an Excel issue most likely.
> > Every field is cut at 255 characters (or whatever number).
>
> i found it
> excel cuts at 255 every description starting with "+" (it is so 'smart'
> that understand that those are formulas and not text...)


Ah. Thanks for the detective work.

As a fix, you could use a text editor and global search and replace "+
with " +

(put a space between the quotes and the plusses).

I tried the excel "I'm not a formula" trick of starting with a single
quote (using "'+ as the replacement string), but Excel imported that
verbatim -- not the worst thing, but still not as clean as it should
be).

--
LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 2:13:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it wrote:
> on the library csv file i have the following 87 cards that are cut at
> char 255 when opened in excel.
> Other cards that are longer are just fine.
> if i open the file the text is complete.
> i've no idea why is that. maybe some hidden character?
> anyone else having this issue?

It's an Excel issue most likely.
Every field is cut at 255 characters (or whatever number).

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 6:37:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

tried already the latter and as i did not like it used the former ;-)
Andrea
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 6:45:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

but then again the best could be
substitute in the text editor with "'+
import in excel
substitute '+ with +
and excel accepts a line longer than 255 as if typed!!!!
Andrea
!