Radeon 9700, Pro or not?

ehedlund

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2003
I remember reading a review somewhere which said that lots of times the processor is what limits the graphics and not the graphics card.

Anyone know if a P4 2.53, 512DDR433, Gigabyte 8SQ800 motherboard will be able to make full use of the Radeon 9700 Pro or if I should just go for a Radeon 9700?

Best regards,
Erik

dhlucke

Polypheme
You have a top of the line processor. Why are you asking this?

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">The French are being described as cheese-eating surrender monkeys.</A></font color=red>

RobD

Champion
Dude, stop posting already and go get the damn card! And don't forget, 9700Pro is the one you want.

With a rig like that, it'll love you for giving it such a card!

"
If you've got the dough, get the Pro. I'm a poet and didn't know it!
"

But your feet sure do show it, cause they're Long - Fellow! :tongue:

Yes, go with the pro if you can afford it. The other question is do you plan to OC?
You might want to take a look at the boards before you decide and check out the type of mem. Make sure you're not getting hosed. I have seen a few people getting cheaper mem on their non-retail boards. So be wise. Ask alot of question from the people selling it to you and get them to guarantee specs.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=red>RED</font color=red> <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> :tongue: GA to SK

TRENDING THREADS