It's an odd combination of various Fortitude Horde decks with the
addition of guns. Not sure about the combat module. Would have added
more copies of Undead Persistance but unfortunately I don't own more
than four. So I tried working my way around that, and this is the end
result. Suggestions and/or thoughts always appreciated. Thanks!

Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap. 5 Min Cap. 1 Avg Cap. 3.3
1x March Halcyon 1 for Pander:1
1x Giuliano Vincenzi 2 for Gangrel:1
1x Rufina Soledad 2 for Ventrue:1
1x Ricki Van Demsi 3 for pro Gangrel:1
1x Juan Cali 3 aus for Ventrue-Antitribu:2
1x Roland Loussarian 3 for pre Ventrue:1
1x Peter Blaine 4 aus dom for Ventrue-Antitribu:2
1x Courtland Leighton 4 dom for pre Ventrue:2
2x Ingrid Russo 4 for DOM Ventrue-Antitribu:2
1x Melissa Barton 5 cel dom for pre Ventrue:1
1x Vincent Day 5 aus dom for pot thau Ventrue-Antitribu:2

Master - 15
5x Blood Doll
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
5x Fortitude
1x Humanitas
2x Dominate
1x Demonstration

Action - 12
6x Force of Will
6x Rapid Healing

Action Modifier - 15
5x Dawn Operation
5x Conditioning
5x Suppressing Fire

Combat - 30
6x Concealed Weapon
5x Trap
5x Unflinching Persistance
5x Skin of Night
5x Superior Mettle
4x Undead Persistance

Reaction - 10
5x Delfection
5x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Equipmen - 8
8x Desert Eagle

evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:
> It's an odd combination of various Fortitude Horde decks with the
> addition of guns. Not sure about the combat module. Would have added
> more copies of Undead Persistance but unfortunately I don't own more
> than four. So I tried working my way around that, and this is the end
> result. Suggestions and/or thoughts always appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap. 5 Min Cap. 1 Avg Cap. 3.3
> 1x March Halcyon 1 for Pander:1
> 1x Giuliano Vincenzi 2 for Gangrel:1
> 1x Rufina Soledad 2 for Ventrue:1
> 1x Ricki Van Demsi 3 for pro Gangrel:1
> 1x Juan Cali 3 aus for Ventrue-Antitribu:2
> 1x Roland Loussarian 3 for pre Ventrue:1
> 1x Peter Blaine 4 aus dom for Ventrue-Antitribu:2
> 1x Courtland Leighton 4 dom for pre Ventrue:2
> 2x Ingrid Russo 4 for DOM Ventrue-Antitribu:2
> 1x Melissa Barton 5 cel dom for pre Ventrue:1
> 1x Vincent Day 5 aus dom for pot thau Ventrue-Antitribu:2
>
> Master - 15
> 5x Blood Doll
> 1x Dreams of the Sphinx
> 5x Fortitude
> 1x Humanitas
> 2x Dominate
> 1x Demonstration
>
> Action - 12
> 6x Force of Will
> 6x Rapid Healing
>
> Action Modifier - 15
> 5x Dawn Operation
> 5x Conditioning
> 5x Suppressing Fire
>
> Combat - 30
> 6x Concealed Weapon
> 5x Trap
> 5x Unflinching Persistance
> 5x Skin of Night
> 5x Superior Mettle
> 4x Undead Persistance
>
> Reaction - 10
> 5x Delfection
> 5x Wake with Evening's Freshness
>
> Equipmen - 8
> 8x Desert Eagle

I'm currently testing and tweaking a similar one. A few differences
though. I use Governs instead of Conditionings (cycle better, I find),
and lots of Scattershots for close-range nastiness (shoot people for 4,
lots of fun, and you don't have to play the Scattershot until after
range is resolved so you dont have to worry about you playing it and
then them going to long).
I also use Jack of Both Sides (about 4 of them and 4 Concealeds). The
Jack lets me get the DEagle for a blood instead of a pool, which is
great.

I don't play Force of Will either... I think it works in certain whacky
decks (I've seen one where Una does multiple actions and jumps in and
out of torpor half a dozen times per turn), but apart from that I don't
really get it...

tell me how it goes. Maybe give Scattershot a try. Probably shouldn't
go crazy like I do and put 8 of them in there, but you know, I'm crazy
like that.

Dasein wrote:
> I'm currently testing and tweaking a similar one. A few differences
> though. I use Governs instead of Conditionings (cycle better, I
find),
> and lots of Scattershots for close-range nastiness (shoot people for
4,
> lots of fun, and you don't have to play the Scattershot until after
> range is resolved so you dont have to worry about you playing it and
> then them going to long).

Yeah, that was my initial thought as well. People play ranged guns to
avoid taking damage. With the Fortitude you can get in there close and
play those Scattershot and then prevent any damage you take yourself.
Good stuff!

-Robert

Hmm... never thought of it. Excellent suggestions. Here's a reworked
version of the deck:

Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap. 6 Min Cap. 1 Avg Cap. 3.3
1x March Halcyon 1 for Pander:1
1x Giuliano Vincenzi 2 for Gangrel:1
1x Rufina Soledad 2 for Ventrue:1
1x Ricki Van Demsi 3 for pro Gangrel:1
1x Juan Cali 3 aus for Ventrue-Antitribu:2
1x Roland Loussarian 3 for pre Ventrue:1
1x Peter Blaine 4 aus dom for Ventrue-Antitribu:2
1x Courtland Leighton 4 dom for pre Ventrue:2
2x Ingrid Russo 4 for DOM Ventrue-Antitribu:2
1x Vincent Day 5 aus dom for pot thau Ventrue-Antitribu:2
1x Luccia Paciola 6 DOM for pre Ventrue:1

Master - 16
5x Blood Doll
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
5x Fortitude
1x Humanitas
3x Dominate
1x Inbase Discotek, Frankfurt

Action - 8
6x Govern the Unaligned
2x Jack of Both Sides

Action Modifier - 16
3x Conditioning
3x Dawn Operation
5x Bonding
5x Supressing Fire

Combat - 32
5x Concealed Weapon
5x Trap
5x Unflinching Persistance
5x Superior Mettle
3x Skin of Night
3x Soak
3x Scattershot
3x Undead Persistance

evil_inside1...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hmm... never thought of it. Excellent suggestions. Here's a reworked
> version of the deck:
>
> Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap. 6 Min Cap. 1 Avg Cap. 3.3
> 1x March Halcyon 1 for Pander:1
> 1x Giuliano Vincenzi 2 for Gangrel:1
> 1x Rufina Soledad 2 for Ventrue:1
> 1x Ricki Van Demsi 3 for pro Gangrel:1
> 1x Juan Cali 3 aus for Ventrue-Antitribu:2
> 1x Roland Loussarian 3 for pre Ventrue:1
> 1x Peter Blaine 4 aus dom for Ventrue-Antitribu:2
> 1x Courtland Leighton 4 dom for pre Ventrue:2
> 2x Ingrid Russo 4 for DOM Ventrue-Antitribu:2
> 1x Vincent Day 5 aus dom for pot thau Ventrue-Antitribu:2
> 1x Luccia Paciola 6 DOM for pre Ventrue:1
>
> Master - 16
> 5x Blood Doll
> 1x Dreams of the Sphinx
> 5x Fortitude
> 1x Humanitas
> 3x Dominate
> 1x Inbase Discotek, Frankfurt
>
> Action - 8
> 6x Govern the Unaligned

See Bonding comment below. I prefer the Conditionings.

> 2x Jack of Both Sides

Hmm. Jack of Both Sides reduces your Desert Eagle cost but its an
action. I prefer to bleed. If they block you conceal and have a gun and
a great combat. If they don't block, all the better. Your goal isn't
to get guns, it's to oust your prey. For all you care, you bleed them
out and never get a gun.

> Action Modifier - 16
> 3x Conditioning
> 3x Dawn Operation
> 5x Bonding

I suppose Bonding is fine but, like Jack of Both Sides, Bonding tells
your opponent that you want to do something--in this case it's bleed.
Maybe its just a matter of personal preference but when I play
bruise/bleed I prefer that my opponent not know whether I want to fight
or bleed at any given moment. They should be in agony every time you
ask them whether or not they want to block. Taking a Govern actions
says "I want to bleed" in which case the right answer for them may be
to to block--even if they lose a vampire. Taking an equip action says
"I want a gun" in which case the right answer for them is probably to
stop the equip. Taking a bleed action over and over keeps them
guessing.

> 5x Supressing Fire
>
> Combat - 32
> 5x Concealed Weapon
> 5x Trap
> 5x Unflinching Persistance

Okay, to keep it at close range I suppose.

> 5x Superior Mettle

Hmm. Okay, you're going to add skill cards and then later you can Trap
and use the superior SM.

> 3x Skin of Night
> 3x Soak

I would definitely skip Soak. With Dawn Op and opposing minion's
strikes, Soak just doesn't belong, IMO. I like any of my damage
prevention cards to work.

I'd probably go with more Hidden Strength and Indomitability. Both give
you presses at superior. HS is also highly cyclable in a game where you
don't need the damage prevention. As well, your Traps are risky and
you may want a press card to get you out of trouble.

> 3x Scattershot
> 3x Undead Persistance

Careful of your own Dawn Op. They may get you burned once you are
"wounded".

> Reaction - 10
> 5x Delfection
> 5x Wake with Evening's Freshness
>
> Equipmen - 8
> 8x Desert Eagle

Consider Zip Gun instead. Your deck can then save 5 card slots from
Concealed Weapon, 2 slots from Jack of Both Sides. You'll also get
that precious manuever (to stay close!) and you can then swap out
Unflinching Persistence for more HS or Indomitability (unlike Superior
Mettle, these can be used to prevent your Zip Gun damage).

Then, like Dasein suggested, go crazy with the Scattershot! I'd put in
lots more.

-Robert

> > Equipmen - 8
> > 8x Desert Eagle
>
> Consider Zip Gun instead. Your deck can then save 5 card slots from
> Concealed Weapon, 2 slots from Jack of Both Sides. You'll also get
> that precious manuever (to stay close!) and you can then swap out
> Unflinching Persistence for more HS or Indomitability (unlike
Superior
> Mettle, these can be used to prevent your Zip Gun damage).
>
> Then, like Dasein suggested, go crazy with the Scattershot! I'd put
in
> lots more.

Doesn't zip gun disallow ammo cards from being used?

Screaming Vermillian wrote:
> > > Equipmen - 8
> > > 8x Desert Eagle
> >
> > Consider Zip Gun instead. Your deck can then save 5 card slots from
> > Concealed Weapon, 2 slots from Jack of Both Sides. You'll also get
> > that precious manuever (to stay close!) and you can then swap out
> > Unflinching Persistence for more HS or Indomitability (unlike
> Superior
> > Mettle, these can be used to prevent your Zip Gun damage).
> >
> > Then, like Dasein suggested, go crazy with the Scattershot! I'd
put
> in
> > lots more.
>
> Doesn't zip gun disallow ammo cards from being used?

Ah, yeah. Too much living in the past. :)

-Robert

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Robert Goudie wrote:

>> 8x Desert Eagle
>
> Consider Zip Gun instead. Your deck can then save 5 card slots from
> Concealed Weapon, 2 slots from Jack of Both Sides. You'll also get
> that precious manuever (to stay close!) and you can then swap out
> Unflinching Persistence for more HS or Indomitability (unlike Superior
> Mettle, these can be used to prevent your Zip Gun damage).
>
> Then, like Dasein suggested, go crazy with the Scattershot! I'd put in
> lots more.

Zip Guns with Scattershot? Great idea! I'd probably win every game if I
were willing to cheat like that.

Matt Morgan

Frederick Scott wrote:
> "Robert Goudie" <robertg@vtesinla.org> wrote in message
> >
> > Screaming Vermillian wrote:

> >> Doesn't zip gun disallow ammo cards from being used?
> >
> > Ah, yeah. Too much living in the past. :)
>
> Yea! I think they even once started a player's organization
> when the company refused to deal with abuses like that. :)

Oh, the abuse. I can't take it anymore. :)

Funniest part is that while I was writing that I thought about Dragon's
Breath Rounds and knew that they couldn't be used with a Zip Gun.
D'oh!

[*sigh*] That's par for the course for me, unfortunately. Can't see
Forest...trees...you know. I get lost on the way to work, forget my own
phone number (Josh Duffin can attest to that!) etc. Too much
multi-tasking I think.

-Robert

"Robert Goudie" <robertg@vtesinla.org> wrote in message

>> > Consider Zip Gun instead.
>> > Then, like Dasein suggested, go crazy with the Scattershot!
>> > I'd put in lots more.
>>
>> Doesn't zip gun disallow ammo cards from being used?
>
> Ah, yeah. Too much living in the past. :)

Yea! I think they even once started a player's organization
when the company refused to deal with abuses like that. :)

Fred

> I get lost on the way to work

(*SNORT!!!*)

*I'd* like to "get lost on the way to work".

Maybe get found about three days later up in some dive bar
in Flagstaff, pounding down tequila sunrises and abusing the
college girl waitresses.

Fred but-I'm-too-much-of-a-pussy Scott

going pretty much off topic here

<evil_inside1999@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> It's an odd combination of various Fortitude Horde decks with the
> addition of guns. Not sure about the combat module. Would have added
> more copies of Undead Persistance but unfortunately I don't own more
> than four. So I tried working my way around that, and this is the end
> result. Suggestions and/or thoughts always appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap. 5 Min Cap. 1 Avg Cap. 3.3
> 1x March Halcyon 1 for Pander:1
> 1x Giuliano Vincenzi 2 for Gangrel:1
> 1x Rufina Soledad 2 for Ventrue:1
> 1x Ricki Van Demsi 3 for pro Gangrel:1
> 1x Juan Cali 3 aus for Ventrue-Antitribu:2
> 1x Roland Loussarian 3 for pre Ventrue:1
> 1x Peter Blaine 4 aus dom for Ventrue-Antitribu:2
> 1x Courtland Leighton 4 dom for pre Ventrue:2
> 2x Ingrid Russo 4 for DOM Ventrue-Antitribu:2
> 1x Melissa Barton 5 cel dom for pre Ventrue:1
> 1x Vincent Day 5 aus dom for pot thau Ventrue-Antitribu:2

maybe, just maybe a couple of Grave robbings? just a thought

"Robert Goudie" <robertg@vtesinla.org> wrote in message

> forget my own
> phone number (Josh Duffin can attest to that!) etc. Too much
> multi-tasking I think.

It's true, he does forget his own phone number, or at least remember
someone else's instead. Incidentally, you can trust anything Robert
says, even if I don't attest to it. He is extremely trustworthy. About
everything. Especially VTES. ;-)

Josh

and so am i