Sign in with
Your question

Havng Major Trouble

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 5, 2003 12:41:49 AM

I recently bought a Asus g4 ti4200 8x. and I have a Asus mobo but it seems to have conflicts with my other hardware like enternet card and stuff. I can't even play games that I regularly can. Like Counter Strike it connects but it don't take me into the game it just stays in console. I d/l every driver from Nvidia including Dentator drivers and all. What should I do? Should I move my PCI cards away from the AGP slot or something

More about : havng major trouble

a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2003 5:24:42 AM

The top PCI slot is usually worthless. As for the rest, it depends on what else which one is shared with.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
March 5, 2003 5:26:56 AM

What makes you think it is conflicting with your other PCI devices?

<-----Insert witty sig line here.
Related resources
March 5, 2003 7:44:45 AM

The conflicting device(s) will be shown in Windows' device manager.
March 5, 2003 10:32:05 AM

cuz when I open my winamp I hear terrible noises. I wonder if there is anything I can do
March 5, 2003 10:33:32 AM

So what do u suggust I do. I have a sound blaster live card and it seems to be conflicting with my new VGA.
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2003 6:40:02 PM

Are they sharing an IRQ? What OS?

March 6, 2003 2:56:34 AM

I dun know what u mean by sharing an IRQ and I'm using Windows 98. Asus Mobo, Sound blaster live with a p3 1 gig
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2003 3:37:40 AM

You said they were conflicting. That would be a source of conflict. When you say an Asus board without naming the model, I can only assume the worst, like a CUV4X or something. What makes you think there's a conflict? If you go to Device Manager you'll see a list of devices, ! means a device isn't working, X means it's disabled. If you double click on the "computer" listed, it will show you all you IRQ's.

Heck, I don't even know what version of win98 you're running. Maybe you should read enough to learn how to ask an informed question?

!