First of all, you need to stop rating a card by MB vs MB.
Then I'm saying why GeForce3 will be superior.
1) It's DirectX 8 compliant, has pixel and vetrex shader. Pixel shader will result in better visual effects and vertrex shader will minimize CPU usage. GeForce4 MX440 has none of them, so it's not DX8 compliant
2) GeForce4 MX440's fillrate is very poor. GeForce3 has better fillrate, so it will do better in higher resolutions.
3) GeForce3 is faster (fps wise) than GeForce4 MX440 in every gaming benchmark.
4) GeForce3 will be able to run 3 game tests in new 3DMark2003, and GeForce4 MX440 will be able to run only one game test, this shows technically how bad GeForce4 MX is. This is one reason of nVidia's bad words about 3DMark2003
4) 128 MB will make 0% difference in games with a GeForce4 MX440
Submit your opinion <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=28537#28537" target="_new"> Should Tom Fire Omid? </A>