[DECK] The Web of Knives

srry if this is a double post but something went wrong with my browser (?)

Deck Name : The Web of Knives
Author : Bas van den Biggelaar
Description : Assamite breed, bruise n bleed

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: x

1x Joe "Boot" Hill 7 for obf CEL QUI Assamite:4
1x Yazid Tamari 8 ani dom obf CEL QUI Assamite:3
1x Reza Fatir, The Dar 6 obf pro CEL QUI Assamite:4
1x Vardar Vardarian 6 cel pre OBF QUI Assamite:4
2x Michael diCarlo 5 obf qui CEL Assamite:4
2x Ali Kar 3 obf qui Assamite:3
3x Basir 1 qui Assamite:4
1x Janni 5 cel for obf qui Assamite:4

Library [90 cards]

Action [24]
2x Night Moves
2x Khabar: Loyalty
10x Khabar: Glory
1x Songs of the Distant Vitae
9x Web of Knives Recruit

Action Modifier [6]
3x Faceless Night
3x Lost in Crowds

Combat [29]
7x Taste of Death
7x Selective Silence
1x The Khabar: Honor
3x Disengage
1x Flash
2x Fast Hands
8x Acrobatics

Equipment [1]
1x Ivory Bow

Ally [1]
1x Deviki Prasanta

Master [20]
2x Quietus
2x Celerity
2x Obfuscate
4x Tribute to the Master
2x The Khabar: Community
1x Tajdid
1x Heartblood of the Clan
1x Underworld Hunting Ground
1x The Path of Blood
1x From a Sinking Ship
2x Haqim's Law: Judgement
1x Specialization

Reaction [9]
7x Black Sunrise
2x Confusion of the Eye

Crafted by : hand 28 feb 2005 12:29
4 answers Last reply
More about deck knives

    Looks like a good start. Swarm bleed is a good way for Assamites to go
    because they have obf and can maybe fight a little. Getting halfway
    decent vampires for 1 pool is not a bad option. I have a few comments.

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Pacal wrote:

    > srry if this is a double post but something went wrong with my browser (?)
    >

    > Deck Name : The Web of Knives
    > Author : Bas van den Biggelaar
    > Description : Assamite breed, bruise n bleed
    >

    > Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: x
    >
    > 1x Joe "Boot" Hill 7 for obf CEL QUI Assamite:4
    > 1x Yazid Tamari 8 ani dom obf CEL QUI Assamite:3
    > 1x Reza Fatir, The Dar 6 obf pro CEL QUI Assamite:4
    > 1x Vardar Vardarian 6 cel pre OBF QUI Assamite:4
    > 2x Michael diCarlo 5 obf qui CEL Assamite:4
    > 2x Ali Kar 3 obf qui Assamite:3
    > 3x Basir 1 qui Assamite:4
    > 1x Janni 5 cel for obf qui Assamite:4

    Looks reasonable, but is Yazid really worth it to have an 8 cap for just
    +1 bleed? Doesn't seem like he adds a whole lot more. You could add more
    of the smaller ones. I think if you only drew two different vampires,
    you'd probably be okay as long as the Web of Knives guys came up quickly,
    and they should.

    > Library [90 cards]
    >
    > Action [24]
    > 2x Night Moves

    Doesn't seem worth it unless you need the edge for something.

    > 2x Khabar: Loyalty
    > 10x Khabar: Glory

    You know these are unique, right? I think this might be too many. If you
    made some of these into Computer Hackings, you'd have more versitility.

    > 1x Songs of the Distant Vitae
    > 9x Web of Knives Recruit
    >

    > Action Modifier [6]
    > 3x Faceless Night
    > 3x Lost in Crowds

    Could be a little more diverse. Spying Mission is a great card for
    Assamites because their bleeds for 1 just don't tend to get blocked. I
    guess Vardar is the only one who can make good use of that out of the box,
    though.

    > Combat [29]
    > 7x Taste of Death
    > 7x Selective Silence

    Nice, simple combo for small, cheap vampires.

    > 1x The Khabar: Honor

    I like how you have all the Khabar cards in the deck. Otherwise, I'd
    suggest you drop this.

    > 3x Disengage

    Not sure what good these are. Is it so you can Acrobatics and hit for 1
    at close range? That hardly seems worth it. It would be better to have
    more maneuvers/Selective Silence. These should probably be Flashes.

    > 1x Flash
    > 2x Fast Hands
    > 8x Acrobatics
    >
    > Equipment [1]
    > 1x Ivory Bow
    >
    > Ally [1]
    > 1x Deviki Prasanta

    The Ghouls of Plaza Moreria belong in every Assamite deck.

    > Master [20]
    > 2x Quietus
    > 2x Celerity
    > 2x Obfuscate

    I'm not really convinced you need all these. You might not need Deviki
    either. I know it's nifty new tech, but I think the Web of Knives
    Recruits are good enough with just their inferior disciplines.

    > 4x Tribute to the Master

    Blood Dolls will probably gain you more in the long run, especially if you
    get them early.

    > 2x The Khabar: Community
    > 1x Tajdid
    > 1x Heartblood of the Clan
    > 1x Underworld Hunting Ground
    > 1x The Path of Blood
    > 1x From a Sinking Ship
    > 2x Haqim's Law: Judgement

    These are problematic in that you could never rush Arika. Maybe some
    standard Contracts or Haven Uncovered would be good.

    I'd also certainly want a Market Square in here. After all, you're trying
    to block stuff.

    > 1x Specialization
    >
    > Reaction [9]
    > 7x Black Sunrise
    > 2x Confusion of the Eye

    Seems like your defense is a little weak in some areas. You've got little
    to no rush and your rush is foiled by S:CE anyway. You have no intercept
    at all. You can't bounce bleeds. On the positive side, you probably
    won't invest very much pool at all and you should be able to pump out a
    reasonable amount of damage to your prey once you get going.

    I'd be tempted to toolbox it out just a little more putting in Mr.
    Winthrop, Sport Bikes, Market Square and maybe even other media locations.
    Alternatively you could play Amaravati and Yazid and run Deflections or
    have Deviki fetch Dominate skill cards or get a Seal of Veddartha or
    something. Finally, any time I play a deck like this, someone feels the
    need to bleed me for 6. Save yourself some grief and put in Archon
    Investigation.

    Matt Morgan

    Matthew T. Morgan <farquar@io.com> wrote:
    > > Ally [1]
    > > 1x Deviki Prasanta
    >
    > The Ghouls of Plaza Moreria belong in every Assamite deck.

    And I happen to have one up for trade. I'll bring it next sunday. *grin*

    Nice of you to show us your secret new deck in advance, by the way. :P

    Rogar

    Rogar <MYNICKNAMEHERE@phreaker.net> wrote in message news:<slrnd2bfh3.14lp.MYNICKNAMEHERE@toad.stack.nl>...
    > Matthew T. Morgan <farquar@io.com> wrote:
    > > > Ally [1]
    > > > 1x Deviki Prasanta
    > >
    > > The Ghouls of Plaza Moreria belong in every Assamite deck.
    >
    > And I happen to have one up for trade. I'll bring it next sunday. *grin*
    >
    > Nice of you to show us your secret new deck in advance, by the way. :P
    >
    > Rogar

    gheghe, I played it last monday and ousted both my prey and grandprey
    (would've taken the rest to if the table hadn't timed out

    Ven vote - Web of Knives - Trem/!Trem - Brujah - !Gangrel

    btw, I already have the ghouls but thnx for the offer ;)

    The extra poolgain you get for ousting people rocks! also breeding
    lots and then tribute to the master works perfectly (unless it gets
    suddened ofcourse, hehe)

    Dude, you stole my deck! 8)

    I played almost the same deck last night and it did pretty well. The
    highlight of the night was having Khabar Community out (somehow it
    lasted two turns), playing Last Stand to bring myself down to 2 pool,
    then Khabar: Glory and oust one prey, then restart my turn and another
    Khabar Glory (at +4 stealth and the Tzimisce that tried to block me
    stays tapped) and oust the second prey.

    Some observations: Black Sunrise isn't as good as I thought it was.
    Sometimes I'd rather Wake to use Confusion of the Eye rather than
    attempting to block some 6-cap combat monster. Confusion of the Eye is
    good but not fantastic. Probably worth more than 2 of them in the
    deck, but not more than 4 or 5. The "younger" clause doesn't hurt as
    much when you have Deviki Prasanta, who, by the way, is WAY better than
    she looks (and she looks like a pretty good card). Free discipline
    cards, and you can clear Masters out of your deck so they don't clog
    your hand. Unfortunately Basir doesn't gain blood when Deviki puts a
    discpline on him, but that's okay.

    I don't think you have enough Songs of Distant Vitae, and I know you
    don't have enough Flurry of Action. Those are some great bleeds. I'm
    considering putting XTC-laced blood into my deck for the synergy with
    Songs, but not sure if it's worth it rather than just using a couple of
    Foul Bloods. Haqim's Law seems like a waste. You tap one of your
    Independent Assamites to put a contract on a *younger* vampire? Sure,
    it doesn't waste a master phase, but the younger deal makes it hard to
    get at the vamps that really need to get beat down. I don't have
    nearly as much combat in my deck as you do - without going dedicated
    combat, the Assamites are going to lose to just about any reasonable
    combat defense. I just have 6x Selective Silence, 5x Taste of Death,
    2x Flash, 1x Fast Hands (and 3 Swallowed by the Night), and a lot more
    stealth.

Video Games