[DECK] Messy Anarchs

Last response: in Video Games
March 1, 2005 12:20:44 PM

hey all,

still on a deck-building frenzy, i tried my hand at one of the most
looked-down groups: the anarchs. the combat-intensive environment where
i play has forced me to look into the combat aspect of the sect. it
seems interesting to just make a mess of the table, hence a couple of
"fun" cards. :)

Deck Name: Messy Anarchs

Crypt: (13 cards, Min: 19, Max: 26, Avg: 5.53)
1 Dylan aus cel dom for pro 6 Ventrue
Antitribu
1 Maria Stone cel obf pro FOR 5 Gangrel
Antitribu
1 Larry dem for pot SAN 5 Blood Brother
1 Jerry cel for pot SAN 5 Blood Brother
1 Gustavo Morales ani cel for 4 Gangrel
1 Zachary for pre CEL OBF PRO 7 Gangrel
Antitribu
1 Richter for pre CEL POT 7 Brujah
Antitribu
1 Kyoko Shinsegawa aus cel dom for 5 Tremere
1 Eugenio Estevez dom for AUS THA 6 Tremere
1 Pieter for tha OBF PRO 6 Gangrel
Antitribu
1 Marlene dem for tha AUS DOM 6 Ventrue
Antitribu
1 Vincent Day aus dom for pot tha 5 Ventrue
Antitribu
1 Barry ani for pot san vic 5 Blood Brother

Library: (92 cards)
-------------------
Master (20 cards)
1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
6 Galaric`s Legacy
2 Gird Minions
2 Anarch Revolt
1 Anarch Free Press, The
1 Seattle Committee
1 Hospital Food
4 Blood Doll
1 Anarch Railroad

Action (12 cards)
4 Jack of Both Sides
8 Skullduggery

Reaction (7 cards)
4 Friend of Mine
1 Car Bomb
2 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (41 cards)
25 Diversion
1 Chiram`s Hold
6 Improvised Tactics
3 Taste of Vitae
6 Concealed Weapon

Retainer (1 cards)
1 Tasha Morgan

Equipment (12 cards)
3 Laptop Computer
1 Body Bag
1 Highway Haven: RV
6 .44 Magnum
1 Aaron`s Feeding Razor

comments:
the basic strategy of the deck is to use galaric's and another master
every master phase. that way, there will always be an anarch around. if
all else fails, the seattle committee should take care of it.

the combat module is *very* simple. each vampire in the crypt can use
two of the disciplines in Diversions.

typical minion phase: bleed with laptop/skullduggery. blocked.
improvised tactics/concealed weapon, strike (either with pot IT or
..44), additional strike with diversion, prevent with diversion,
prevent, prevent. press if needed.

most can use at least one discipline in Imp Tactics and Skullduggery.

the Jack of Both Sides are there to help equip everything except the
guns, which are expected to come into combat via Concealed Weapon.

the most cornercase combo in the deck is Kyoko-Hospital Food-Razor,
which serves as the pool gain engine. she'd be perfect for the RV, IMO.

Friend of Mine is present only for a little bleed defense. you never
know when you'll get a bleeder behind you.

The Anarch Free Press is only meant for those oh-so-important actions
that *need* to be blocked. minimal, yes, but still can spell the
difference.

"fun" cards:
Car Bomb, just to piss those few who use vehicles.
HWH:RV, for the "no untap".
Chiram's Hold, for IGs, DotB, etc.
Body Bag, for rights to say "neener, neener, neener"
the inclusion of three blood brothers. seems fun. :)

i'd like to place in some Flash or Pursuit but i'm not sure where to
place them. since this is the first time i'm playing with fortitude,
maybe a disarm or two just to screw someone? and maybe a Fame? i also
need to shave off two cards, since the count is already at 92.

so many things to do, so little space!

TIA.

More about : deck messy anarchs

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 6:54:18 PM

gsanvic wrote:

> Crypt: (13 cards, Min: 19, Max: 26, Avg: 5.53)
> 1 Dylan aus cel dom for pro 6 Ventrue
> Antitribu
> 1 Maria Stone cel obf pro FOR 5 Gangrel
> Antitribu
> 1 Larry dem for pot SAN 5 Blood Brother
> 1 Jerry cel for pot SAN 5 Blood Brother
> 1 Gustavo Morales ani cel for 4 Gangrel
> 1 Zachary for pre CEL OBF PRO 7 Gangrel
> Antitribu
> 1 Richter for pre CEL POT 7 Brujah
> Antitribu
> 1 Kyoko Shinsegawa aus cel dom for 5 Tremere
> 1 Eugenio Estevez dom for AUS THA 6 Tremere
> 1 Pieter for tha OBF PRO 6 Gangrel
> Antitribu
> 1 Marlene dem for tha AUS DOM 6 Ventrue
> Antitribu
> 1 Vincent Day aus dom for pot tha 5 Ventrue
> Antitribu
> 1 Barry ani for pot san vic 5 Blood Brother

No good reason, really, to have 13 cards in a crypt like this. No good
reason not to, either, other than it makes it just that much more random.

> Library: (92 cards)

92 is a strange number. Most folks tend to stay with 90 max (tournament
maximum deck size), but if you are going to go over 90, why not go 100? And
if you aren't, are there really no 2 cards to take out?

> -------------------
> Master (20 cards)
> 1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
> 6 Galaric`s Legacy
> 2 Gird Minions
> 2 Anarch Revolt
> 1 Anarch Free Press, The
> 1 Seattle Committee
> 1 Hospital Food
> 4 Blood Doll
> 1 Anarch Railroad

Reasonable, except the 2 Gird Minions is really kind of extraneous--the
vastly mocked Gird Minions has a reasonable place is some decks (usually,
like, weenie bleed horde decks), but a deck like this probably doesn't need
any, let alone 2.

> Action (12 cards)
> 4 Jack of Both Sides
> 8 Skullduggery

You probably want ways to get into combat other than relying on people to
block your bleeds at +1 stealth--I'd consider turning the Skullduggerys into
Rush actions, or at least Computer Hackings.

You also probably want a bunch of Go Anarch cards, really--6 Garlicks Legacy
and a Seatle Committee means that a lot of the time, you are going to not
have any ways to go anarch in the opening stages of the game, so you'll have
to go anarch the hard way, which if you are going to do that, you might as
well just remove all the Garlicks Legacies too.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"How does this end?"
"In fire."
Emperor Turhan and Kosh
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 7:36:26 PM

Skullduggery is not actually all that good for you, since in fact only
five of your vamps can use it. Add more bleed permanents, and skip the
stealth.

Improvised Tactics is never useful. For anyone. Trust me, I've tried.
Get yourself some KMW boosters and replace with Groundfighting.
Awesome new card, particularly for this deck.

25 Diversions is too many, particularly when you've got permanents.
You have so much celerity in this deck, so drop 5 of the Diversions,
and swap 8 more for Flash. Even at inferior, this will make your punch
more fearsome.

Chiram's Hold is not going to come up much, since it can only be played
by a blocking minion. Keep it if you really like the occasional
assist, but be ready to discard. Or, add in more Car Bombs if you want
to block occasionally.

The Mole. 'Nuff said.

And if you're sitting around wondering, well what do I do with these
extra disciplines then? I would suggest tossing in just one or two
Principia Discordia and one or two Smash and Grab. If you're focusing
on permanents, you'd like to hurt anyone else who is also focusing on
permanents.

Hope this helps,

Eric Simon
Prince of Chicago
March 2, 2005 1:00:51 AM

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:54:18 -0500, Peter D Bakija
<pdb6@lightlink.com> wrote:

>You also probably want a bunch of Go Anarch cards, really--6 Garlicks Legacy
>and a Seatle Committee means that a lot of the time, you are going to not
>have any ways to go anarch in the opening stages of the game, so you'll have
>to go anarch the hard way, which if you are going to do that, you might as
>well just remove all the Garlicks Legacies too.
>Peter D Bakija
>pdb6@lightlink.com
>http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

In my experience, I find 6 Galarics and a Seattle Comitee to be a fine
number when I want to have a ready anarch at turn three or four. Most
of the time I get it in time (or maybe I'm just too lucky, who knows).

But I understand your point, specially because I'm talking of decks
that did have 6- or 7-caps, so I didn't need that many turn-anarch
cards in the early game. This deck has a smaller crypt and could
result in having one anarch and three non-anarchs until the midgame,
so maybe it's better to add up cards to correct that or forget about
them, as you cleverly said.

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Clan Newsletter Editor
V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/
March 2, 2005 1:12:32 AM

> Master (20 cards)
> 1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
> 6 Galaric`s Legacy
> 2 Gird Minions
> 2 Anarch Revolt
> 1 Anarch Free Press, The
> 1 Seattle Committee
> 1 Hospital Food
> 4 Blood Doll
> 1 Anarch Railroad

Too many, even with the Galaric's Legacy being a trifle. As the others
have mentioned, I'd get rid of Gird Minions, I'd probably also get rid
of the Anarch Revolts - you can't defend them and your combat is too
weak to bin the opposition Anarch's, so they are wasted here.

> Action (12 cards)
> 4 Jack of Both Sides
> 8 Skullduggery

You need some way to enter combat because bleeds of 1 or 2 at +1
stealth is not going to get you there very often. You can't block more
than the odd action and almost 50% of your deck are combat cards.

> Reaction (7 cards)
> 4 Friend of Mine
> 1 Car Bomb
> 2 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

I've always included Car Bomb in my anarch decks, and never once have I
used it, maybe that's just because out here, vehicles are very rare...

> Combat (41 cards)
> 25 Diversion
> 1 Chiram`s Hold
> 6 Improvised Tactics
> 3 Taste of Vitae
> 6 Concealed Weapon

Big mistake. Your combat is dependant upon you being an anarch. You
need to sprinkle liberally with non-anarch cards. Skin of Steel,
Flash, Blur etc so that your vampires that aren't Anarchs have some
room to move. Also, when playing with guns, Flash is incredibly
important.

> Retainer (1 cards)
> 1 Tasha Morgan

> Equipment (12 cards)
> 3 Laptop Computer
> 1 Body Bag
> 1 Highway Haven: RV
> 6 .44 Magnum
> 1 Aaron`s Feeding Razor

I'd be inlcined to make one of the laptops a Stolen Police Cruiser if
you can. I'd ditch the Body Bag unless you play in a fairly heavy [D]
action environment, and you need more guns, maybe some Deagles. You
can Jack them out for 1 blood instead of 1 pool.

> the combat module is *very* simple. each vampire in the crypt can use
> two of the disciplines in Diversions.
>
> typical minion phase: bleed with laptop/skullduggery. blocked.
> improvised tactics/concealed weapon, strike (either with pot IT or
> .44), additional strike with diversion, prevent with diversion,
> prevent, prevent. press if needed.

You have NO presses. None! You will need some. It will only take 1
trap and a competent opponent to blitz one of your vamps. Not only
that, but the best you can do at the moment is hit for 4R a round. Not
bad, but nothing to make an IC member tremble.

Flashes are your way to go.
Flash long. Bam for 2R. Diversion, Bam for another 2R. Press from
the Flash. Long with the gun, repeat. 3 cards, 0 blood, 8 damage.

> The Anarch Free Press is only meant for those oh-so-important actions
> that *need* to be blocked. minimal, yes, but still can spell the
> difference.

It is also another Hunt modifier, and what's better is that it doesn't
have to be used as the hunt is declared.

> i'd like to place in some Flash or Pursuit but i'm not sure where to
> place them.

You should simply ditch some Diversion.

Here's a deck that I've been thinking of putting together for some
time. It hasn't been tested, and probably needs some work, it's also a
bit toolboxy, but might do ok.

Deck Name: Diversify Baby
Created By: J

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 17, Max: 24, Avg: 5.25)
3 Sheila Mezarin AUS cel for PRE 6, Toreador Antitribu:2
1 Harry Reese cel obf FOR PRO 6, Gangrel Antitribu:3
1 Dylan aus cel dom for pro 6, Ventrue Antitribu:2
1 Artemis aus cel DEM for OBF 6, Malkavian Antitribu:2
1 Maria Stone cel obf pro FOR 5, Gangrel antitribu:3
1 Jerry cel for pot SAN 5, Blood Brother:2
1 Brachah for CEL PRE 5, Brujah:2
1 Andrei Puxon ani cel chi for 5, Ravnos:2
1 Gustavo Morales ani cel for 4, Gangrel:3
1 Lazar Dobrescu for 3, Ravnos:2

Library: (75 cards)
-------------------
Master (15 cards)
1 Anarch Free Press, The
1 Anarch Railroad
3 Blood Doll
6 Galaric's Legacy
1 Haven Uncovered
1 Hospital Food
1 Seattle Committee
1 Heidleberg Castle, Germany

Action (6 cards)
3 Bum's Rush
2 Skullduggery
1 Arson
1 Smash and Grab

Action Modifier (2 cards)
2 Freak Drive

Reaction (13 cards)
4 Friend of Mine
2 Telepathic Misdirection
5 Wake with Evening's Freshness
1 Banner of Neutrality
1 Car Bomb

Combat (26 cards)
4 Concealed Weapon
14 Diversion
5 Flash
3 Skin of Steel

Retainers (2 cards)
1 Mr. Winthrop
1 J.S Simmons Esq

Equipment (11 cards)
5 .44 Magnum
1 IR Goggles
3 Laptop Computer
1 Sport Bike
1 Stolen Police Cruiser

--> J
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 11:25:28 AM

taking into consideration the suggestions in this group, i've tweaked
the deck.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 19, Max: 26, Avg: 5.66)
1 Gustavo Morales ani cel for 4 Gangrel
1 Jerry cel for pot SAN 5 Blood Brother
2 Kyoko Shinsegawa aus cel dom for 5 Tremere
1 Maria Stone cel obf pro FOR 5 Gangrel
Antitribu
1 Artemis aus cel for DEM OBF 6 Malkavian
Antitribu
1 Dylan aus cel dom for pro 6 Ventrue
Antitribu
1 Harry Reese cel obf FOR PRO 6 Gangrel
Antitribu
1 Jack cel for pot san 6 Blood Brother
1 Sheila Mezarin cel for AUS PRE 6 Toreador
Antitribu
1 Zachary for pre CEL OBF PRO 7 Gangrel
Antitribu
1 Richter for pre CEL POT 7 Brujah
Antitribu

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (17 cards)
1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
4 Galaric`s Legacy
2 Anarch Revolt
1 Anarch Free Press, The
1 Seattle Committee
1 Hospital Food
4 Blood Doll
1 Anarch Railroad
2 Fame

Action (18 cards)
4 Jack of Both Sides
3 Skullduggery
2 Computer Hacking
4 Bum`s Rush
4 Go Anarch
1 Arson

Action Modifier (1 cards)
1 Freak Drive

Reaction (7 cards)
4 Friend of Mine
1 Car Bomb
2 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (34 cards)
14 Diversion
2 Taste of Vitae
6 Concealed Weapon
6 Flash
2 Psyche!
2 Blur
2 Skin of Steel

Equipment (13 cards)
2 Laptop Computer
1 Highway Haven: RV
6 .44 Magnum
1 Aaron`s Feeding Razor
2 Desert Eagle
1 Stolen Police Cruiser

*the few blur and skin of steel are there just to make sure that i have
some to use while the vamps still aren't anarch.

*there's only one freak drive since i only have one.

*two copies of kyoko to increase chance of bloat engine pulling
through.

comments please. TIA.

March 3, 2005 7:33:45 AM

Not bad, though I'd replace the hacks with more permanent bleeds.
Since it's bruise and bleed, you don't want to have just a few extra
bleed actions, because those will be the ones that get blocked. Also,
your crypt has gotten bigger. Can you replace Richter with Jimmy Dunn?
That would make a dent in average size.

Eric Simon
Prince of Chicago
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 12:09:15 PM

what about claws ?
one or two, for IG... not sure how good it would be.
u got 4 vamps who can play it.
!