If an Assamite plays a Khabar: Glory that contests another Khabar:
Glory, does the Assamite untap as per K:G's text?

Action
Assamite
+1 stealth action. Unique. Not usable if any non-mandatory actions have
been performed this turn. Put this card on this acting Assamite and
untap this acting Assamite. This Assamite gets +1 bleed. If your prey
is ousted while this card is in play you gain an additional 4 pool.
Burn this card during your next untap phase.

"Emmit Svenson" <emmitsvenson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If an Assamite plays a Khabar: Glory that contests another Khabar:
> Glory, does the Assamite untap as per K:G's text?
>
> Action
> Assamite
> +1 stealth action. Unique. Not usable if any non-mandatory actions
have
> been performed this turn. Put this card on this acting Assamite and
> untap this acting Assamite. This Assamite gets +1 bleed. If your prey
> is ousted while this card is in play you gain an additional 4 pool.
> Burn this card during your next untap phase.

I think yes, he does untap. The card doesn't become contested until
it's put into play, and that's at the same time that it untaps the
acting Assamite.

Josh

inactive assamite

JH wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:57:10 -0500, Joshua Duffin <jtduffin@yahoo.com>

> wrote:
> > "Emmit Svenson" <emmitsvenson@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> If an Assamite plays a Khabar: Glory that contests another Khabar:
> >> Glory, does the Assamite untap as per K:G's text?
> >
> > I think yes, he does untap. The card doesn't become contested
until
> > it's put into play, and that's at the same time that it untaps the
> > acting Assamite.
>
> What about the clause 'Burn this card during your next untap phase.'
?
> What happens if the Glory is being contested in your next untap phase
?
> Does it burn then or does it stay contested ? And what about after
that ?
> Does it burn in your next untap phase after that or does it stay in
play
> for the rest of the game after contesting ends ?

Since it is your turn, you decide the order in which you deal with
things. However, the K:G is out of play (contested), so you have to
deal with that first.

If you pay to contest, you'd get to keep it, which means nothing.
If you let it go, it's just gone.
If someone else concedes your contestation, at the beginning of your
next untap phase the K:G automatically comes back to you, and then
immediately disappears. Not a great bargain.

Jeff

jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:
> JH wrote:
>>On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:57:10 -0500, Joshua Duffin <jtduffin@yahoo.com>
>>wrote:
>>>I think yes, he does untap. The card doesn't become contested
> until
>>>it's put into play, and that's at the same time that it untaps the
>>>acting Assamite.

Correct.

>>What about the clause 'Burn this card during your next untap phase.'
> ?
>>What happens if the Glory is being contested in your next untap phase
> ?
>>Does it burn then or does it stay contested ? And what about after
> that ?
>>Does it burn in your next untap phase after that or does it stay in
> play
>>for the rest of the game after contesting ends ?
>

> Since it is your turn, you decide the order in which you deal with
> things. However, the K:G is out of play (contested), so you have to
> deal with that first.
>
> If you pay to contest, you'd get to keep it, which means nothing.
> If you let it go, it's just gone.
> If someone else concedes your contestation, at the beginning of your
> next untap phase the K:G automatically comes back to you, and then
> immediately disappears. Not a great bargain.

Correct. (where "immediately" means "sometime during that same
untap phase).

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

wrote:
> "Emmit Svenson" <emmitsvenson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> If an Assamite plays a Khabar: Glory that contests another Khabar:
>> Glory, does the Assamite untap as per K:G's text?
>
> I think yes, he does untap. The card doesn't become contested until
> it's put into play, and that's at the same time that it untaps the
> acting Assamite.

What about the clause 'Burn this card during your next untap phase.' ?
What happens if the Glory is being contested in your next untap phase ?
Does it burn then or does it stay contested ? And what about after that ?
Does it burn in your next untap phase after that or does it stay in play
for the rest of the game after contesting ends ?

--
Powerbase: Turku
http://www.tenerdo.org/