Portable gaming laptop advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys first of all sorry for any lack of links in this thread but I'm on my phone.

I've been thinking of buying a laptop for a while and I might just pull the trigger on the purchase some time this week. I just thought I'd come here for some last minute advice. Here are my needs.

Budget: No strict budget as such but I don't want to spend an unnecessary amount of money. Say 300-400 gbp for the laptop and probably 100 on a bag, mouse and ssd.

Musts: It must have a good battery life, 3+ hours of moderate-heavy use is ideal.
It must have semi decent graphics as I'll play a few games but nothing crazy and I'm happy to lower settings.

Wants: I would prefer something small, 12-13 inches ideally.
I like the look of some of the Samsung and Lenovo laptops but the brand isn't important

I don't something crazy powerful, most of the programs I run would be fine on a Pentium 4. It's just to run a basic drum sampling program and play a few old games on long train journeys and when I visit friends and relatives.

I was thinking about an 11.6'' Samsung laptop with an e-450 and 4gb then upgrade the RAM because the graphics memory is shared and get a 64/128gb Samsung ssd because they have low power consumption and are reliable. The laptop is 330 gbp.

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.