Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[DECK] Anarch Influence Brokers

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 5:53:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Deck Name : Influence Brokers
Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
Description :
Bleed! Bleed! Bleed! with Undue Influences to influence out larger
minions who have +Bleed. Defend your pool with Auspex Reactions


Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: 5.09
------------------------------------------------------------

1x Cornelius Ottavio 8 AUS OBF pre qui Malkavian:2
1x Bryan Van Duesen 7 DOM THA aus pre !Tremere:2
1x Jan Pieterzoon 7 DOM FOR pot pre Ventrue:2
1x Siamese, The 7 PRE SPI ani pro Ahrimanes:2
1x Adrianne 6 aus cel pot pre Toreador:1
1x Lydia Van Cuelen 6 aus dom pre tha Tremere:1
1x Sheila Mezarin 6 AUS PRE cel for !Toreador:2
1x Hadrian Garrick 4 obf pre Follower :2
1x Itzahk Levine 3 cel pre Ventrue:2
1x Lolita 3 for pre !Toreador:2
1x Uma Hatch 3 cel pre Brujah:1
1x Antoinette DuChamp 1 cel pre Caitiff:2


Library [90 cards]
------------------------------------------------------------

Action [16]
16x Undue Influence

Action Modifier [7]
7x Crocodile's Tongue

Combat [22]
4x Concealed Weapon
12x Diversion
6x Fake Out

Equipment [6]
6x Desert Eagle

Master [19]
1x Auspex
4x Blood Doll
7x Galaric's Legacy
1x Metro Underground
3x Perfectionist
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
2x Seattle Committee

Reaction [20]
7x Telepathic Counter
4x Telepathic Misdirection
9x Wake with Evening's Freshness


Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Thu Mar 03 16:51:22 2005]
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 9:03:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

I knew one of these decks would show up fairly quickly, so thanks.
It's such an awesome card. Here's a thought - since you've got six
Desert Eagles, can you find some room for a few Suppressing Fires just
to push the bleeds through? You could probably drop a few wakes and
counters, since you hope to be fairly fast forward. Also, maybe
replace the Fake Outs with Groundfighting, a card for which I just
cannot thank LSJ enough.

Other than that, I think you're probably golden. Let me know how it
works.

Eric Simon
Prince of Chicago
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 9:43:10 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

X_Zealot@cox-internet.com wrote:
> Deck Name : Influence Brokers
> Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
> Description :
> Bleed! Bleed! Bleed! with Undue Influences to influence out larger
> minions who have +Bleed. Defend your pool with Auspex Reactions
>
>
> Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: 5.09
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 1x Cornelius Ottavio 8 AUS OBF pre qui Malkavian:2
> 1x Bryan Van Duesen 7 DOM THA aus pre !Tremere:2
> 1x Jan Pieterzoon 7 DOM FOR pot pre Ventrue:2


I think Reg Driscoll may be better for this deck than Jan. He has aus
for pre and his special can be useful. Plus I'd rather have a full
hand. Also consider Bindusara as he has PRE AUS FOR tha (though he is a
9 cap). Both, of course, have the prerequisite +bleed and are not
titled.


> 1x Siamese, The 7 PRE SPI ani pro Ahrimanes:2
> 1x Adrianne 6 aus cel pot pre Toreador:1
> 1x Lydia Van Cuelen 6 aus dom pre tha Tremere:1
> 1x Sheila Mezarin 6 AUS PRE cel for !Toreador:2
> 1x Hadrian Garrick 4 obf pre Follower :2

There are a ton of 4 caps better suited to this deck than Hadrian. His
+strength is good, but I'd rather have the disciplines since they need
to go anarch. These stand out:

Courtland Leighton pre for
Demetrius Slater pre cel aus
Evangeline & Yuri pre cel

and maybe the best one:

Remilliard pre AUS



> 1x Itzahk Levine 3 cel pre Ventrue:2
> 1x Lolita 3 for pre !Toreador:2
> 1x Uma Hatch 3 cel pre Brujah:1
> 1x Antoinette DuChamp 1 cel pre Caitiff:2


> Library [90 cards]
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Action [16]
> 16x Undue Influence
>
> Action Modifier [7]
> 7x Crocodile's Tongue


I'm not so certain that these will be all that great since only Ottavio
can use it effectively as you have to be older, and Superior is way
better(unless you also add Bindusara).


> Combat [22]
> 4x Concealed Weapon
> 12x Diversion
> 6x Fake Out


you are most likely only going to long, how about mixing in some
Backsteps for the card replacement (you should be able to Diversion the
negative).



> Equipment [6]
> 6x Desert Eagle
>
> Master [19]
> 1x Auspex
> 4x Blood Doll
> 7x Galaric's Legacy
> 1x Metro Underground
> 3x Perfectionist
> 1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
> 2x Seattle Committee
>
> Reaction [20]
> 7x Telepathic Counter
> 4x Telepathic Misdirection
> 9x Wake with Evening's Freshness
>
>
> Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Thu Mar 03 16:51:22 2005]



Looks like fun hope these ideas help.


Robert Scythe
Related resources
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 10:46:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> Library [90 cards]
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Action [16]
> 16x Undue Influence
>
> Action Modifier [7]
> 7x Crocodile's Tongue

I'd take out most or all of the Croc Tongues. Probably all.
I'm a HUGE fan of the card (I wrote an article on it for the newsgroup,
you can dig it up or it is currently hosted at TheLasombra's website),
but this deck can't really use it effectively. Your vampires just
aren't old enough. If you play in an all weenie environment, maybe... I
used them in a fattie !Ventrue deck (i.e. all vampires 8 or above) and
still found it hard to use (like one horrid game where I was stuck
between Francois Villon on one side and Jaroslav on the other side,
urgh). And very few of them have AUS, and its only really useful at
superior.

Replace them with Change of Targets. (never mind that CoT combos really
with Croc Tongue, keep that out of mind).
Why? well sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but +1 stealth actions
actually get blocked from time to time. Change will get you out of
combat (and while the combat module you have is half decent, its not
going to strike terror into the hearts of decent combat decks), and
leave you untapped.
Which is GREAT for you. It gives you chance for another action (such as
cardless go anarch, hunt, etc), or you can leave a guy untapped to play
Telepathic Counter.
Also you will really want to keep your guys out of combat if they
haven't become anarch yet and try to do so via action but get blocked
(you're largely relying on diversions for combat so you only want
anarchs to get into a fight really).
You might not quite need 7 CoTs, maybe 5 or 6, depending on how much
intercept and/or combat is in your metagame.

apart from that, looks cool. Undue Influence is awesome.

When is someone going to make an Assimite Web of Knives / Undue
Influence horde deck?? :) 

(extra respect if you make it a VOTE deck with that guy Amaravati who
can burn 2 blood to give all assimimes a vote, heh).
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 11:18:59 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

<volya42@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1109901804.185433.7130@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>I knew one of these decks would show up fairly quickly, so thanks.
> It's such an awesome card. Here's a thought - since you've got six
> Desert Eagles, can you find some room for a few Suppressing Fires just
> to push the bleeds through? You could probably drop a few wakes and
> counters, since you hope to be fairly fast forward. Also, maybe
> replace the Fake Outs with Groundfighting, a card for which I just
> cannot thank LSJ enough.
>
> Other than that, I think you're probably golden. Let me know how it
> works.

Glad to be of service.... :) 

The card is for presence a bleed at +1 stealth which is not limited to 1 so
the +bleeders make this card fairly hot. So I left out suppressing fire in
favor of the Crocodile Toungues which punish blockers. Punishing people for
generating intercept is a favorite of mine.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 12:32:03 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

XZealot wrote:
> Punishing people for
> generating intercept is a favorite of mine.

Mine too. Well, almost. I like to punish people for blocking
frequently. Folks here in Chicago figured out long ago that most
minions can only act once or maybe twice a turn, but they can block as
many times as you have wake cards (WwEF, FA, 2nd T, etc.) The result is
a metagame heavy on blocking.

As a result, I get a lot of milage out of block punishing cards like
Dominion, Aching Beauty, Crocodile's Tears, and I expect True Love's
Face. But my most successful block punishing decks have been the ones
that take no actions at stealth, and therefore give block decks few
opportunities to cycle their intercept. For decks with just permanent
intercept in the form of retainers, equipment and locations this is no
big deal, but it really stings auspex walls.
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 10:22:34 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo wrote:
> Eric Simon wrote:
> > Also, maybe
> >replace the Fake Outs with Groundfighting, a card for which I just
> >cannot thank LSJ enough.
>
> Enlist me in that field also.
> Fabio "Sooner" Macedo

Well, naturally you Brazilians love Groundfighting. You're living in
the home of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 2:17:34 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On 3 Mar 2005 18:03:24 -0800, volya42@yahoo.com wrote:

>I knew one of these decks would show up fairly quickly, so thanks.
>It's such an awesome card. Here's a thought - since you've got six
>Desert Eagles, can you find some room for a few Suppressing Fires just
>to push the bleeds through? You could probably drop a few wakes and
>counters, since you hope to be fairly fast forward. Also, maybe
>replace the Fake Outs with Groundfighting, a card for which I just
>cannot thank LSJ enough.

Enlist me in that field also.

To boost, the art is great.


>Other than that, I think you're probably golden. Let me know how it
>works.
>Eric Simon
>Prince of Chicago



Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Newsletter Editor
-----------------------------------------------------
V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 6:17:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Oh, damn, how could I forget Groundfighting! That one's perfect, forget
Backstep and Fake Out.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 11:15:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Deck Name : Influence Brokers
Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
Description :
Bleed! Bleed! Bleed! with Undue Influences to influence out larger
minions who have +Bleed. Defend your pool with Auspex Reactions


Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: 5.09
------------------------------­------------------------------


1x Cornelius Ottavio 8 AUS OBF pre qui Malkavian:2
1x Bryan Van Duesen 7 DOM THA aus pre !Tremere:2
1x Jan Pieterzoon 7 DOM FOR pot pre Ventrue:2
1x Courtland Leighton 4 pre for Ventrue:1
1x Adrianne 6 aus cel pot pre Toreador:1
1x Lydia Van Cuelen 6 aus dom pre tha Tremere:1
1x Sheila Mezarin 6 AUS PRE cel for !Toreador:2
1x Igo the Hungry 1 cel pro Caitiff:1
1x Itzahk Levine 3 cel pre Ventrue:2
1x Lolita 3 for pre !Toreador:2
1x Uma Hatch 3 cel pre Brujah:1
1x Antoinette DuChamp 1 cel pre Caitiff:2


Library [90 cards]
------------------------------­------------------------------


Action [16]
16x Undue Influence


Action Modifier [7]
7x Change of Target


Combat [22]
4x Concealed Weapon
12x Diversion
6x Fake Out


Equipment [6]
6x Desert Eagle


Master [19]
1x Dummy Corporation
4x Blood Doll
7x Galaric's Legacy
1x Metro Underground
3x Perfectionist
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
2x Seattle Committee


Reaction [20]
7x Telepathic Counter
4x Telepathic Misdirection
9x Wake with Evening's Freshness


Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Thu Mar 03 16:51:22 2005]
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 3:42:06 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Fabio "Sooner" wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:00:45 GMT, LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>
>>Darby Keeney wrote:
>>>Web of Knives Recruit
>>Yes indeed -- the Recruit is not a vampire in your uncontrolled region
>>(you cannot transfer pool to or from it in your influence phase, etc.)
>>since it is not a vampire at all.
>>
>>Once it burns the training counters, it becomes a vampire. If it is
>>then Banished, you could transfer to it or use Undue Influence as
>>normal for any uncontrolled vampire.
>
> Just to add up, even if it would be considered a vampire in the
> uncontrolled region from the moment the card was put in play, adding a
> counter with Undue Influence would just leave the Recruit with 3
> training counters and 1 blood counter. Since it has no capacity set
> until it burns all training counters, one could add 15 blood counters
> for no result. Right?

There's no such thing as a vampire with no capacity.

If you leap into the "vampire" pasture, you'll find some capacity
stuck to your shoes. Look (at card text) before you leap. :-)

--
LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (remove spam trap to reply)
Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 1:42:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:42:06 GMT, LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>
wrote:

>Fabio "Sooner" wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:00:45 GMT, LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>
>>>Darby Keeney wrote:
>>>>Web of Knives Recruit
>>>Yes indeed -- the Recruit is not a vampire in your uncontrolled region
>>>(you cannot transfer pool to or from it in your influence phase, etc.)
>>>since it is not a vampire at all.
>>>
>>>Once it burns the training counters, it becomes a vampire. If it is
>>>then Banished, you could transfer to it or use Undue Influence as
>>>normal for any uncontrolled vampire.
>>
>> Just to add up, even if it would be considered a vampire in the
>> uncontrolled region from the moment the card was put in play, adding a
>> counter with Undue Influence would just leave the Recruit with 3
>> training counters and 1 blood counter. Since it has no capacity set
>> until it burns all training counters, one could add 15 blood counters
>> for no result. Right?
>
>There's no such thing as a vampire with no capacity.
>
>If you leap into the "vampire" pasture, you'll find some capacity
>stuck to your shoes. Look (at card text) before you leap. :-)

Oops :) 

Sure, my bad. Got stuck with the different types of counters.

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Clan Newsletter Editor
-----------------------------------------------------
V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/
!