[DECK] Harbingers of Bleeding

well, yes, I know, that's a really lame name, but I couldn't
come up with anything better... basically, I'm a long LONG
time player (I still wish I had all those concealed weapons I
tossed back in the day, and I think more than half my cards
actually say Jyhad on the back) and lurker around here, but I
kinda fell out of the game for a while... recently picked up
some of the newer sets, and started reading up around on here
again, and came across ye olde nifty deck-builder databases that
people on here have so helpfully created for us to use... and I
figured I'd save one of my decks in there and post it up here
for comments... criticisms... general make-fun-of-ness... so if
anyone sees any ways to improve it, or tells me that it's highly
illegal, or won't work, that'd be great...

Deck Name: dom-for-nec
Created By: Bill
when you're tapped, then gain blood in torpor and then come out of
torpor and bleed em some more... plus, I mean, how many decks do you
see that actually have rapid healing in em??

Crypt: (13 cards, Min: 28, Max: 36, Avg: 8.23)
2 Gisela Harden aus dem FOR NEC 7 Harbingers of
Skulls
2 Egothha obf AUS FOR NEC 7 Harbingers of
Skulls
2 Anisa Marianna Lopez aus FOR NEC QUI 8 Harbingers of
Skulls
2 Unre dom ser thn AUS FOR NEC 9 Harbingers of
Skulls
2 Baron dom FOR NEC OBF THN 9 Samedi
3 Ignazio Giovanni obf DOM FOR NEC POT 9 Giovanni

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (16 cards)
1 Elder Library
1 Rack, The
1 Secure Haven
1 Information Highway
1 Fragment of the Book of Nod
1 Legendary Vampire
1 Misdirection
1 Zillah`s Valley
3 Blood Doll
3 Minion Tap
2 Dominate

Action (26 cards)
2 Whispers from the Dead
2 Possession
2 Govern the Unaligned
1 Ablative Skin
8 Force of Will
5 Regeneration
3 Restoration
3 Rapid Healing

Action Modifier (34 cards)
6 Call of the Hungry Dead
6 Conditioning
6 Seduction
4 Daring the Dawn
4 Day Operation
8 Freak Drive

Reaction (6 cards)
2 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
2 Deflection
2 Obedience

Combat (5 cards)
2 Rolling with the Punches
3 Skin of Rock

Equipment (1 cards)
1 Erebus Mask

Combo (2 cards)
2 Spectral Divination

This deck was last saved at 6:43:36 PM on 3/3/2005
7 answers Last reply
More about deck harbingers bleeding

    ah... see, I need to pay more attention to these things... I remember
    that at some point
    the NRA stuff came about, but then I saw all these newfangled
    'multi-rush' decks and I
    assumed (yeah, I know, bad idea) that maybe that had been repealed...
    so it's still no
    bleeding twice, no performing the same action twice with the same card,
    etc, but I could
    for example (I assume this is multi-rush) bum's rush, untap, ambush,
    untap, harass?
    heh... this is why I need to post on here more, so you good folks can
    right me of my
    wrongs... well, feel free to ignore this deck then, since the whole
    premise is pretty
    much shot... I apologize for the wasting of time that may have occured
    in reading
    this, and will endeavor to improve in the future...

    Bill wrote:

    > I remember
    > that at some point
    > the NRA stuff came about, but then I saw all these newfangled
    > 'multi-rush' decks and I
    > assumed (yeah, I know, bad idea) that maybe that had been repealed...

    Nah--Multi Rush decks work 'cause there are multiple different Rush actions.
    Fatima goes and attacks someone whose Haven is Uncovered. She Freaks and
    Bum's Rushes someone. She Freaks and Ambushes someone. She Freaks and
    Harasses someone. She Freaks and Nose of the Hounds someone (she has Auspex,
    right?). And whatever. NRA prevents:

    -Bleeding more than once a turn.
    -Calling a vote more than once a turn.
    -Perfoming the same action by name more than once a turn.
    -Performing the same action provided by a card in play more than once a
    turn.

    'Cause attacking someone isn't one of these things, you can attack as many
    times as you can untap and have different attack actions to perform. You
    can't, however, so something like bleed with Govern the Unaligned, untap,
    and then use superior Govern to add pool to an uncotnrolled vampire (as you
    can't use Govern twice in one turn with the same minion). On the other hand,
    you could Govern at superior, untap, Scouting Mission at superior, untap,
    and Enchant Kindred at superior (as there is no restriction on "adding pool
    to an uncontrolled vampire" action), which is something the Ventue can do in
    spades...

    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "How does this end?"
    "In fire."
    Emperor Turhan and Kosh

    I wrote:

    > Perfoming the same action by name more than once a turn.

    That is "...same action *card* by name..." You can hunt over and over again
    if you want. You can "encounter in torpor" over and over again. You can
    equip over and over again (as long as you equip with something different
    every time).

    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "How does this end?"
    "In fire."
    Emperor Turhan and Kosh

    Bill wrote:
    > Deck Name: dom-for-nec
    > Created By: Bill
    > when you're tapped, then gain blood in torpor and then come out of
    > torpor and bleed em some more...

    Not sure if you intend all this to happen in one turn or not? If so, it
    can't under the current rules.

    Rulebook: 6.1.1. Bleed
    "A minion cannot perform more than one bleed action each turn, even if
    he untaps."

    --
    * lehrbuch (lehrbuch@gmail.com)

    Bill wrote:
    > ah... see, I need to pay more attention to these things...
    > I remember that at some point the NRA stuff came about ...

    The current rules concerning repeat actions are similar but different to
    the NRA rules. The rough idea is a minion can: bleed only once, call a
    political action only once, take an action granted by a card (by name in
    hand or by instance in play) only once.

    It's allowable to hunt, equip (with different equipment), employee
    (different) retainers etc many times.

    If you don't have a current rulebook it is available here:
    http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/ (including as a pdf).

    > but I could for example (I assume this is multi-rush) bum's rush,
    > untap, ambush, untap, harass?

    Yep. That's fine. It's ++good to use minions that have inherent "rush"
    actions too, as it cuts down on the cards required - leaving more room
    for combat cards.

    > I apologize for the wasting of time that may have occured
    > in reading this, and will endeavor to improve in the future...

    No worries. It's not a bad deck really, it just won't work quite how
    you wanted. There's nothing much wrong, for example, with: restoration,
    force of will (day operation + conditioning), freak, rapid healing.

    --

    lehrbuch a écrit :
    > Bill wrote:
    >
    >>ah... see, I need to pay more attention to these things...
    >>I remember that at some point the NRA stuff came about ...
    >

    > The current rules concerning repeat actions are similar but different to
    > the NRA rules. The rough idea is a minion can: bleed only once, call a
    > political action only once, take an action granted by a card (by name in
    > hand or by instance in play) only once.
    >
    > It's allowable to hunt, equip (with different equipment), employee
    > (different) retainers etc many times.
    >
    > If you don't have a current rulebook it is available here:
    > http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/ (including as a pdf).
    >

    >>but I could for example (I assume this is multi-rush) bum's rush,
    >>untap, ambush, untap, harass?
    >

    > Yep. That's fine. It's ++good to use minions that have inherent "rush"
    > actions too, as it cuts down on the cards required - leaving more room
    > for combat cards.
    >

    >>I apologize for the wasting of time that may have occured
    >>in reading this, and will endeavor to improve in the future...
    >

    > No worries. It's not a bad deck really, it just won't work quite how
    > you wanted. There's nothing much wrong, for example, with: restoration,
    > force of will (day operation + conditioning), freak, rapid healing.

    Not a bad deck, but many things to improve. For instance, I wouldn't put
    6 Seductions for just 3 (9-Cap !!) vampires with Dom.

    If you need some examples of Necro decks, and other info on Necromancy
    and the clans that use it, please dare visit Necromancing the Bones :
    http://necrobones.free.fr (no www.)

    Deadly Yours,

    Orpheus

    Orpheus wrote:

    > Not a bad deck, but many things to improve. For instance, I wouldn't
    put
    > 6 Seductions for just 3 (9-Cap !!) vampires with Dom.
    >
    > If you need some examples of Necro decks, and other info on
    Necromancy
    > and the clans that use it, please dare visit Necromancing the Bones :

    > http://necrobones.free.fr (no www.)

    well, one ought to get at least 2 vamps out during the course of
    the game, and could hope that one was Ignazio and perhaps The Baron
    or Unre and use the dom masters in there to improve those... and the
    whole point is to make unblockable bleeds, so the more seductions
    and calls, the more chance of having them when you really need em...
    and really, can you have too many 'oh, sit down, you can't block me,
    punk!' cards??

    Bill

Video Games