Explorer.exe Crashes When Other Computer Try to Ac

G

Okay, I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem for a long time. I have four computers on a LAN. All of them are running Windows XP Professional, but the problem pre-dates a reformat of my computer, so I'm beginning to wonder if there's a hardware problem involved.

Games play fine over the LAN. No problems. But as soon as another computer tries to access any of my shared files...WHAMMO! The computer trying to access mine crashes. Explorer.exe crashes, all the icons disappear from the desktop and the computer is forced to reboot through the task manager.

Yes, file sharing is enabled on my computer.

I did a bit of troubleshooting tonight and discovered that after I reboot all the systems, some of the computers can access my shared files for a brief amount of time, but it never lasts.

I really don't know what else to try. I've tried all the internal settings. I've tried a different port on the hub. I've tried a different CAT5 cable. Nothing.

Any input would help.

|_ /\ |) `/ |-| /\ \/\/ |<

Why is there braille on drive-through ATMs?

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
forst of all I'd swap out the lan card- its easy to do and is one less thing out of the equation. I had a similar prob- if 2 workstations accesed the cd drive at the same time- the srever rebooted! only thing is, I dont remember how I fixed it :(

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?