to rework my original decklist I had posted on here a little while ago.
The new additions to the family fit right into the Anarch theme with
Benedict Giovanni being a formidable foe in combat. He can play both
Diversion and Friend of Mine on two different levels and his inferior
Necromancy is all he needs to Gear Up. It's a rather interesting
Toolbox variant. Both Raphaela and Donatello can gain some light
stealth via Gear up while Bonding and Spiritual Divination helps you
get some bleeds through.

Spiritual Divination doubles as intercept for those crucial actions
that must be blocked. Granted, only two of my minions have NEC but
combined with Friend of Mine and Divine Sign, I should be able to stop
several threats that would otherwise ruin my day. Five of my vampires
have inferior Auspex so I threw in a couple of Revelations. It's rather
useful and so I couldn't find a reason to not include them. The average
crypt size revolves around mid to high capacity vampires so Trophy:
Domain and Powerbase: Los Angeles helps me get the most out of them.
The former adds +1 intercept which also goes a long way in this deck.

Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap. 9 Min Cap. 1 Avg Cap. 5.5
1x Nedal, The Careless 1 cel nec Caitiff:3
1x Almodo Giovanni 3 dom pot Giovanni:3
1x Gengis 3 aus cel pot Brujah:3
1x Earl 4 dom for pot Ventrue:3
1x Donatello Giovanni 5 aus DOM pot pre Giovanni:4
2x Benedict Giovanni 6 cel dom nec FOR POT Giovanni:4
1x Raphaela Giovanni 6 pot pre DOM NEC Giovanni:4
1x Joseph O'Grady 7 aus cel DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
2x Baldesar Rossellini 8 aus DOM for nec POT Giovanni:4
1x Ignazio Giovanni 9 DOM FOR NEC obf POT Giovanni:3

Action Modifier - 8
2x Freak Drive
3x Bonding
3x Conditioning

Equipment - 6
3x Sawed-Off Shotgun
2x Desert Eagle
1x Stolen Police Cruiser

Retainers / Allies - 1
1x Leonardo, Mortician

Reaction - 13
5x Friend of Mine
5x Wake with Evening's Freshness
3x Deflection

Combo - 3
3x Spiritual Divination

Master - 16
4x Blood Doll
1x Anarch Free Press
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
6x Galaric's Legacy
1x Seattle Committee
1x Trophy: Domain
1x Hospital Food

Action - 12
4x Govern the Unaligned
4x Gear Up
2x Revelations
2x Divine Sign

Combat - 30
8x Diversion
5x Groundfighting
5x Pushing the Limit
4x Soak
4x Taste of Vitae
2x Superior Mettle
2x Disarm

The Combat Module is rather straightforward. Leaning towards Fortitude.
All my higher cap. have +1 strength while the rest of them would be
best off getting a hold of a Sawed-Off Shotgun. Pushing the limit is
great though, allowing even those with inferior Potence to dish out
some considerable damage and you can Taste the Vitae once that's done.
Groundfighting is just what I was hoping for since I play Anarchs more
often than not. Maneuver for those who try to get away or Press to
finish the job. Thoughts and/or suggestions welcome. Thanks!

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

> useful and so I couldn't find a reason to not include them. The average
> crypt size revolves around mid to high capacity vampires so Trophy:
> Domain and Powerbase: Los Angeles helps me get the most out of them.
> The former adds +1 intercept which also goes a long way in this deck.

You don't have any way to add minions to the Red List nor any good way to
burn minions in combat or survive blood hunts, so it's not very likely
you'll get much use out of Trophy: Domain. Maybe if someone plays Ossian
or puts Julius on the Red List for you you'll get to use it, but
otherwise, it's not going to be very helpful.

You might need to re-read the rules on Trophies and how they are played.

Matt Morgan

You don't have any way to add minions to the Red List nor any good way
burn minions in combat or survive blood hunts, so it's not very likely
you'll get much use out of Trophy: Domain. Maybe if someone plays
Ossian
or puts Julius on the Red List for you you'll get to use it, but
otherwise, it's not going to be very helpful.

You might need to re-read the rules on Trophies and how they are
played.

Matt Morgan

Thanks. I am going to do that. But I did think that you can play a
Trophy: X card like any other Master if you were to draw it. The whole
burning Red List clause is just another option to fetch the Trophy
right out of your library. Or at least that's what I thought. Hmm. Will
re-read the rules regarding such things though. But if I can play it
like any other Master then I don't see a reason not to add it.

On 5 Mar 2005 22:26:01 -0800, evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

>But I did think that you can play a
>Trophy: X card like any other Master if you were to draw it.

You can put a Trophy master card into play as a regular master phase
action. You cannot put it onto a vampire without buring a Red List
minion.

"Trophy is a new type of master card. A trophy may be put into play
using a master phase action (or can be retrieved as listed under "Red
List"). It has no effect until it is moved to a vampire.

When any vampire burns a Red List minion in combat or as a (D) action
(including diablerie), the controller of the trophy may choose to move
the trophy to that vampire. Any number of trophies in play may be
moved to the vampire in this way. Once placed on a vampire, a trophy
cannot be moved again."

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=Preview_KMW_Trophy

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

So I can put it into play but not on a vampire. Hmm. I see. Thanks for
clearing that up. So I guess I will ditch Trophy: Domain and replace it
with a copy of Perfectionist. What do you all think of the deck though
-- advice much appreciated. Thanks!

You could add some anarch revolt to kill more quickly your prey.
Your deck lacks of cards permitting to enter combat. You have 30 combat
cards, few intercept and no possibility to get into fight if no one
intercepts you.

You could add some anarch revolt to kill more quickly your prey. Your
deck lacks of cards permitting to enter combat. You have 30 combat
cards, few intercept and no possibility to get into fight if no one
intercepts you.

Anarch Revolt has been weakened considerably. All they have to do now
is go anarch via the cardless action and they save on pool. I have no
room for any kind of rush. The plan was to bleed with Govern the
Unlaigned or have them fear the possibility of Conditioning. While I
think I run casual intercept - it should be enough to keep them on
their toes. I was trying to make this more of a toolbox so a little of
everything. Replacing Leonardo with Procurer and made space for Carlton
Van Wyk (Hunter). My combat module is where I am not so sure. Thoughts?

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 14:22:32 -0600, "Matthew T. Morgan"
<farquar@io.com> scrawled:

>On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> useful and so I couldn't find a reason to not include them. The average
>> crypt size revolves around mid to high capacity vampires so Trophy:
>> Domain and Powerbase: Los Angeles helps me get the most out of them.
>> The former adds +1 intercept which also goes a long way in this deck.
>
>You don't have any way to add minions to the Red List nor any good way to
>burn minions in combat or survive blood hunts, so it's not very likely
>you'll get much use out of Trophy: Domain. Maybe if someone plays Ossian
>or puts Julius on the Red List for you you'll get to use it, but
>otherwise, it's not going to be very helpful.
>
>You might need to re-read the rules on Trophies and how they are played.

he could replace the trophy with a Proxy Kissed, since he's using
giovanni and fortiude and potence.

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

Weakened? Improved immensely. Especially for a wall/rush deck it should
allow an excellent way of dealing damage to your prey by not allowing
the anarch actions or bashing the anarchs into torpor. You can easily
stall your predator more efficiently as well with pinpoint rushes and
force him into rescuing and taking anarch actions instead of doing all
kinds of nastiness against you.

Also, when using the Anarch Revolts, it should be generally harder for
the ARs to backfire against you. With rush+AR this also gives you
notably more table control. Instead of turning the whole table against
you as before, it should instead work for you also in slowing down the
table when other players are forced into the game of going anarchs, and
fighting against their preys' anarchs.

//T

Hmm. Interesting. I do want to intercept as much as I can despite
having very little room to do so. I am running a pretty tight ship as
it is but I like the idea. I can try to squeeze in a couple of Anarch
Revolt(s) and been thinking about adding Talbot's Chainsaw instead of
Sawed-Off Shotgun for rush and maybe up the number of Freak Drives. The
chainsaw scares me though. It can get out of hand real quick if I don't
have a way of keeping my vamps full on blood.

evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:
: Anarch Revolt has been weakened considerably. All they have to do now
: is go anarch via the cardless action and they save on pool. I have no
: room for any kind of rush.

Weakened? Improved immensely. Especially for a wall/rush deck it should
allow an excellent way of dealing damage to your prey by not allowing
the anarch actions or bashing the anarchs into torpor. You can easily
stall your predator more efficiently as well with pinpoint rushes and
force him into rescuing and taking anarch actions instead of doing all
kinds of nastiness against you.

Also, when using the Anarch Revolts, it should be generally harder for
the ARs to backfire against you. With rush+AR this also gives you
notably more table control. Instead of turning the whole table against
you as before, it should instead work for you also in slowing down the
table when other players are forced into the game of going anarchs, and
fighting against their preys' anarchs.

//T

evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:
> Weakened? Improved immensely. Especially for a wall/rush deck it
should
> allow an excellent way of dealing damage to your prey by not allowing
> the anarch actions or bashing the anarchs into torpor. You can easily
> stall your predator more efficiently as well with pinpoint rushes and
> force him into rescuing and taking anarch actions instead of doing
all
> kinds of nastiness against you.
>

> Also, when using the Anarch Revolts, it should be generally harder
for
> the ARs to backfire against you. With rush+AR this also gives you
> notably more table control. Instead of turning the whole table
against
> you as before, it should instead work for you also in slowing down
the
> table when other players are forced into the game of going anarchs,
and
> fighting against their preys' anarchs.
>

> //T
>
> Hmm. Interesting. I do want to intercept as much as I can despite
> having very little room to do so. I am running a pretty tight ship as
> it is but I like the idea. I can try to squeeze in a couple of Anarch
> Revolt(s) and been thinking about adding Talbot's Chainsaw instead of
> Sawed-Off Shotgun for rush and maybe up the number of Freak Drives.
The
> chainsaw scares me though. It can get out of hand real quick if I
don't
> have a way of keeping my vamps full on blood.

Maybe try Owain Evans for this? He's like a built-in hunting ground,
plus he can garner you favors cross-table.

John

TRENDING THREADS