[Q] Sonja Blue.....

Let's say there's a Sonja in play already, and I pull out a copy of her
and contest, what happens ?

A:I gain the four pool as per rule for Scarce vampires (burn 3 pool
when bringing in a scarce vampire when there's another one in play),
and then start the contest

Or

B:I start the contest immediately without resolving effects of the card
text since she is considered out of play from the moment she's brought
into play (yeah I know it sounds wacky, but I'm sure someone will know
what I mean :)), and therefore do not gain the 4 pool....

And if you want to know why I'm asking ?
yep, got a deck idea coming up.....

Just curious, when Sonja is contested, do both copies get removed from
the game immediately?

Section 4.1 of the rulebook states, "If more than one copy of a unique
card is brought into play, that means control of the card is being
contested. For the duration of the contest, all copies of the contested
card are turned face down and are out of play."

But when Sonja leaves play (and as far as I can tell, going from "in
play" to "out of play" constitutes leaving play), she is removed from
the game.

djmikkel@hotmail.com wrote:
> Let's say there's a Sonja in play already, and I pull out a copy of her
> and contest, what happens ?
>
> A:I gain the four pool as per rule for Scarce vampires (burn 3 pool
> when bringing in a scarce vampire when there's another one in play),
> and then start the contest

Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Chris Berger wrote:
> Just curious, when Sonja is contested, do both copies get removed from
> the game immediately?

Yes.

> Section 4.1 of the rulebook states, "If more than one copy of a unique
> card is brought into play, that means control of the card is being
> contested. For the duration of the contest, all copies of the contested
> card are turned face down and are out of play."
>
> But when Sonja leaves play (and as far as I can tell, going from "in
> play" to "out of play" constitutes leaving play), she is removed from
> the game.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/