FireGl or Quadro for Gaming?

rahvyn

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
I have not been able to find any bechmarks reference gaming with these cards...I realize they are very expensive, but was wondering how they would perform for gaming. If anyone knows any reviews on either the ATI FireGl or Nvidia Quadro, would appreciate pointing me in that direction. Or, if you have one of these, and some benchmarks, would appreciate that also.

Thanks,
Rahvyn

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
These cards are designed for extreme 3d work, not gaming, you would probably get better performance out of a standard card in games than these cards becuase the drivers are written differently. But yeah it would be interesting to see if they perform well.

rahvyn

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Hmmm, I have seen a driver mod to make the 9700 think it is a firegl, wonder if you could go the other way. Re-write the drivers to improve gaming performance...just speculating.

Rahvyn

Why would you want to ? That would be turning a $600+ into a $400 card. The other way around makes sense but there would be VERY limited gain over a stock 9700pro. It would likely perform much worse, even with a softmod. The other way around makes sense, get a FireGl like card without the cost and without the AGPPro50 slot, however going backwards doesn't make much sense unless someone is GIVING you a FireGLX1 for much less than a 9700pro. It also wouldn't be worth the potnetial mess with a botched job. Ooops there goes my card, oh well, back to Citibank...

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=red>RED</font color=red> <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> :tongue: GA to SK