Idea for ANI/DAI/ser wall deck

OK my brain has been ticking over lately with an idea for a DAI/ser
wall deck, based around Cybele. Use your two master phase actions to
put Auspex skill card/s on Cybele, play a few groovy masters that
people can try and burn or steal with an action (The Rack, Powerbases,
etc), and Anarch Revolts. You might want to turn Petaniqua anarch with
Garlic's Legacy also. Get a Rutor's Hand at superior, and then use
Cybele's actions to put Condemnation: Doomed on vampires you don't
like and then untap.

If someone tries to steal your Rack or Powerbase, block them and
Bloodstorm of Chorazin (action fails, take a point of damage and go
away). If someone rushes Cybele, block them and play Bloodstorm of
Chorazin. If your prey tries to become anarch, block them and play
Bloodstorm of Chorazin. If someone tries to bleed you, block them and
play Bloodstorm of Chorazin. If someone tries to vote down an AR, block
them and play Bloodstorm of Chorazin. Anyone who's Condemned also
makes their Methuselah burn a pool. Throw in a few Revelations of
Despairs also; only works againt your predator's actions, but your
predator will presumably be acting against you at some stage. Block,
play Revelations and then Bloodstorm. Two damage (basically
unpreventable), no combat, nice try goodbye.

A few times of doing this, and people should give up trying any actions
against you (if they know what's good for them). Cats Guidance helps
you untap and block actions (and can give intercept). It can also let
you avoid paying the Infernal penalty if you Cats after the last action
you have to block (a fair few wakes will be required also). Elizium:
Sforezco castle could also be handy here (depending on metagame).
If your prey's vampires are all in the bin before their pool runs out
(possible, depending on how many actions they try), bleed for three
with Cybele's built in.

I'm thinking the deck would run with 30 or so masters, 10 or so
actions and 60 reactions.

What do people think? Could this work?
Another alternative would be Petaniqua Advanced; she comes with Auspex
built in (which is awesome), but has no Serpentis or Animalism, and no
additional master phase action :(
8 answers Last reply
More about idea wall deck

    Hmm... I read the post and I like the idea. I kinda came up with a deck
    but having a hard time putting the crypt together. I decided to go with
    AUS / DAI / OBF / PRE and THAU for Rutor's Hand instead and added a
    Vote Module. Firebrand and Powerbase: Los Angeles for untap. Not so
    much of a Wall but after a couple of Free States Rant -- you can casual
    block + Bloodstorm of Chorazin the last blood off. You won't be able to
    block every attempt to go anarch from opposing vampires and/or stop
    them from calling a referendum to burn the Anarch Revolt but it's a
    wasted action and two blood which goes a long way when you're FSR'ing
    all over the place. Also can gain some vote defense via Fee Stake(s)
    and I like Condemnation: Mute. Here's the decklist:

    Reaction - 20
    1x Undying Thirst
    3x Wake with Evening's Freshness
    9x Bloodstorm of Chorazin
    3x Telepathic Misdirection
    1x Enhanced Senses
    1x Spirit's Touch
    1x Precognition
    1x My Enemy's Enemy

    Event - 1
    1x Restricted Vitae

    Master - 22
    3x Blood Doll
    1x Anarch Railroad
    6x Galaric's Legacy
    1x Perfectionist
    2x Powerbase: Los Angeles
    1x Society of Leopold
    4x Anarch Revolt
    1x Ruins of Charizel
    2x Vampiric Disease
    1x Minion Tap

    Allies / Retainers - 2
    1x Mylan Horseed, Goblin
    1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

    Action - 10
    1x Condemnation: Mute
    3x Legal Manipulation
    1x Fee Stake: New York
    1x Fee Stake: Boston
    1x Fee Stake: Seattle
    2x Rutor's Hand
    1x Reformation

    Combat - 4
    4x Majesty

    Action Modifier - 17
    4x Bewitching Oration
    3x Faceless Night
    3x Cloak the Gathering
    3x Voter Captivation
    2x Change of Target
    2x Psychomachia

    Political Action - 8
    5x Free States Rant
    3x Firebrand

    Combo - 6
    3x Swallowed by the Night
    3x Sense the Sin

    <snipped>
    > What do people think? Could this work?
    > Another alternative would be Petaniqua Advanced; she comes with Auspex
    > built in (which is awesome), but has no Serpentis or Animalism, and no
    > additional master phase action :(

    I think that, with the huge ammount of Direct Interventions that people uses
    today in their decks (at least 2 copies) you might be easily dumped with a
    well played DI at your reaction (as it happens ussually to those decks
    relying on obedience for their defence) at a given time

    Smiling Tom wrote:

    > <snipped>
    >
    >>What do people think? Could this work?
    >>Another alternative would be Petaniqua Advanced; she comes with Auspex
    >>built in (which is awesome), but has no Serpentis or Animalism, and no
    >>additional master phase action :(
    >>

    > I think that, with the huge ammount of Direct Interventions that people uses
    > today in their decks (at least 2 copies) you might be easily dumped with a
    > well played DI at your reaction (as it happens ussually to those decks
    > relying on obedience for their defence) at a given time

    Huitzilopothcli can rely both on Obedience and on Bloodstorm of Chorazin.

    Petaniqua can rely both on Bloodstorm of Chorazin and Voice of Madness.

    It seems that, in the above cases, Direct Intervention should not be a
    problem >:-)

    --
    Damnans

    http://www.almadrava.net/damnans
    http://www.vtes.net

    > I think that, with the huge ammount of Direct Interventions that
    people uses
    > today in their decks (at least 2 copies) you might be easily dumped
    with a
    > well played DI at your reaction (as it happens ussually to those
    decks
    > relying on obedience for their defence) at a given time

    well yes as people have stated, DI is an out-of-turn master so the
    acting vampire's controller can't do it.
    Packing Voice of Madnesses is a good idea in case this does happen. But
    seeing as Cybele will probably have close to 10 blood on her for a lot
    of the game (assuming I get the Rack out), one combat may not be the
    end of the world.
    I think the DI is a corner-case scenario that won't really dent the
    deck (there's very little DI played in the Sydney metagame anyway).

    i really think this deck can work. I'll get started on it once I have
    enough Cybeles (trying to think of any other vamps I might want in
    there, weenie obf bleeders or aus blockers probably).

    On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:35:28 +0100, Damnans
    <damnansVTES@ono.comNOSPAM> scrawled:

    >Smiling Tom wrote:
    >
    >> <snipped>
    >>
    >>>What do people think? Could this work?
    >>>Another alternative would be Petaniqua Advanced; she comes with Auspex
    >>>built in (which is awesome), but has no Serpentis or Animalism, and no
    >>>additional master phase action :(
    >>>

    >> I think that, with the huge ammount of Direct Interventions that people uses
    >> today in their decks (at least 2 copies) you might be easily dumped with a
    >> well played DI at your reaction (as it happens ussually to those decks
    >> relying on obedience for their defence) at a given time
    >
    >Huitzilopothcli can rely both on Obedience and on Bloodstorm of Chorazin.
    >
    >Petaniqua can rely both on Bloodstorm of Chorazin and Voice of Madness.
    >
    >It seems that, in the above cases, Direct Intervention should not be a
    >problem >:-)

    And it's going to have to be someone other than the acting minion's
    controller playing the DI anyway. and considering you're playing
    Baali, no one would want to screw you yet more. ;)

    salem
    http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
    (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

    "salem" <salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:35:28 +0100, Damnans
    > <damnansVTES@ono.comNOSPAM> scrawled:
    >

    > >Smiling Tom wrote:
    > >
    > >> <snipped>

    > >It seems that, in the above cases, Direct Intervention should not be a
    > >problem >:-)
    >
    > And it's going to have to be someone other than the acting minion's
    > controller playing the DI anyway. and considering you're playing
    > Baali, no one would want to screw you yet more. ;)

    If I am the predator/prey of such deck I won't hesitate at all DIing the
    card when the other is acting. Done it almost everytime I've found an
    obedience deck.

    salem wrote:
    > On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:35:28 +0100, Damnans
    > <damnansVTES@ono.comNOSPAM> scrawled:
    >

    >>Smiling Tom wrote:
    >>

    >>><snipped>

    >>>I think that, with the huge ammount of Direct Interventions that people uses
    >>>today in their decks (at least 2 copies) you might be easily dumped with a
    >>>well played DI at your reaction (as it happens ussually to those decks
    >>>relying on obedience for their defence) at a given time
    >>
    >>Huitzilopothcli can rely both on Obedience and on Bloodstorm of Chorazin.
    >>
    >>Petaniqua can rely both on Bloodstorm of Chorazin and Voice of Madness.
    >>
    >>It seems that, in the above cases, Direct Intervention should not be a
    >>problem >:-)
    >

    > And it's going to have to be someone other than the acting minion's
    > controller playing the DI anyway. and considering you're playing
    > Baali, no one would want to screw you yet more. ;)

    Watch your language, and treat the true masters of the Jyhad more
    respectfully ;-)

    --
    Damnans

    http://www.almadrava.net/damnans
    http://www.vtes.net
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:08:24 +0100, Damnans
    <damnansVTES@ono.comNOSPAM> scrawled:

    >salem wrote:

    >>and considering you're playing
    >> Baali, no one would want to screw you yet more. ;)
    >
    >Watch your language, and treat the true masters of the Jyhad more
    >respectfully ;-)

    don't worry! i know the true power of infernal masters! i just
    recently built my 3rd baali deck.....haven't played it yet, but it
    uses the fairly obvious combo of Azaneal, embrace, dhabi revenant, and
    cloak the gathering.
    fairly 1 dimensional....but then, i need to get used to playing
    'degenerate' decks. i'm too used to more toolbox styles.

    salem
    http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
    (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

Video Games