Question on sorting cards

I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some of the
VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay where
the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action mod.
etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me out.

> I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some of the
> VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay where
> the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action mod.
> etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me out.

Primary Order: Meta-type (Crypt, Event, Master, Minion)
Secondary Order: Type (Clan, Action, Action Mod, etc.)
Tertiary Order: Name (Sorted Alphabetically)
Quaternary Order: Set (Sorted by most recent)

Exceptions:
Masters are not sorted by type (Out-of-Turn, Trifle, etc.)
"Combo" cards are sorted alphabetically between Combat and Equipment.
Cards where the most recent printing is erroneous (e.g. Brachah) have the
most up-to-date printings in front.

I also keep a binder of one each of every card (a "Game Set" if you will),
sorted as above, so I can browse my collection more easily.

Alex Limos wrote:
> I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some
of the
> VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay
where
> the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action
mod.
> etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me
out.

I'd suggest sorting them by set.

You see, each set (and even different printings of the same set, as CE
proves) has a distinct scent. In order to preserve this aroma (so that
your cards continue to exude a pervading sense of newness), you will
want to keep cards from different sets isolated from each other. If you
allow cards of different sets to co-mingle, then you run the risk that
the cards will lose this distinctive trait!

- Eric Chiang

;)

pat

Expert

"Alex Limos" <Dekefrost@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some of
> the
> VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay
> where
> the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action mod.
> etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me out.

My scheme:

Cards that require a discipline are sorted by discipline, then
alphabetically within discipline.
Vampires are sorted by clan, then alphabetically within clan. Cards that
require that clan are sorted behind the vamps, in alpha order.
Exception: Bloodlines disciplines (Temporis, etc.) are sorted with the
clans.

Anarch three-ways get their own section, alphabetized.

Ditto multi-discipline cards (e.g., Beast Meld).

Political actions are sorted alpha within these categories:
- any vampire
- Camarilla (titled or not)
- Sabbat
- Independent

Non-discipline non-event non-master cards are sorted thus:
- Equipment
- Rush actions
- Vote mods (Bribes, Rant, Delaying Tactics, etc.)
- Wakes
- Non-discipline intercept
- Any Sabbat vamp
- etc.
(I have a number of other categories of these)

All Events go together (a pretty small section, natch)

Bloat masters (Minion Tap, Blood Doll, etc.) get their own section, as do
discipline masters, intercept locations, etc.

Masters of which I have just a few copies are sorted all together, alpha in
three sections (A-G, H-M, N-Z, or something like that)

And a box of smoky cards that I foolishly bought on eBay lives in its own
smoky box. :)

- Pat

P.S. This, of course, describes the ideal sort... in reality, I haven't
sorted properly since right after Gehenna. :)

"Alex Limos" <Dekefrost@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some of the
> VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay where
> the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action mod.
> etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me out.

Here's one-answer-fits-all post. I sort them by set. Then, within the set,
I file by card type. Then, within the set/card type, I alphabetize everything.
It's easier to file new stuff you get that way. And I would say it's possible
to find anything that way - as long as you know what set it's from. But I
went down that road a long time ago and now I mostly continue to do it because
I feel stuck with it. If I could rearrange everything now without lifting a
finger, I'd sort first by card type and then just alphabetize everything within
the card type. I wouldn't bother with set except, maybe, to separate different
printings of the exact same card. If I had such an organization, I believe it
would be a lot easier to find cards whose expansion excapes me at any given
moment. There's been so many sets that it causes me a real problem to
remember a card's expansion(s) in order to find it. I also think it would be
easier to just go through my cards and find cards applicable to a new deck
type I'm drying to build.

Fred

I sort by set. Then card type. Then requirement (none, discipline,
title, clan), then by escalating cost. Unique being a tiebreaker, and
combat cards sorted by order of play (prerange, range, strike, etc.).

Alex Limos wrote:
> I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some
of the
> VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay
where
> the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action
mod.
> etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me
out.

If you're a collector, sort them by set, absolutely. You get the
advantages of knowing which sets you have all of, and of not having to
move all of them around each time a new set comes out. (This becomes
ESPECIALLY important if you use a binder instead of a box.)

I, personally, am a player. I sort vampires first by clan, then group
number -- that way, all my vampires of a given clan are next to
vampires they can be used with.

My library cards are organized as follows:
Discipline cards (alphabetical by discipline name)
Clan cards (alphabetical by clan name)
Other cards (Action, Vote, Equipment, Ally, Retainer, Action Modifier,
Reaction, Combat, in that order)
Master cards
Event cards

And then alphabetical within each of these, although the system would
still be reasonably easy to use without this. There's no real reason
for the order of the card types under "other", it's just to keep all
the disciplineless combat together, etc.

Also, my Master: Discipline cards are kept separately, since I have
like 400 or so and I rarely use them.

The result? When I want to use Discipline X, or Clan Y, or votes, or
whatever, I've pretty much got it all in one place. It's also easy to
add new cards to my box, as I just pull out all the masters and the
things that require (symbols) from the pile of new cards and then it's
all color-coded from there.

-- Brian

Alex Limos wrote:
> I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some
of the
> VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay
where
> the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action
mod.
> etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me
out.

Heh.

Earlier today, a conversation on #vtes had me looking at a thread from
September of 2002 that Jozxyqk started about this same thing.

There isn't a standard way that people sort their cards. The way most
people sort their cards is how it makes the most sense to them when
building a deck. :)

I sort in a style that is known as "Gomi-lite". It makes sense to me,
and groups things by how I think of them and how I would be looking for
them.

I look for vampires generally by knowing which clan they are from, and
after that, I'm looking for their disciplines, which isn't a helpful
sorting mechanism. Usually, I think of the library portion of a deck
in terms of "
"discipline stuff" and "not discipline stuff".

Vampire cards
* Alpha by Clan (antitribu follows main clan)
- Alpha by vampire

So, I have:
Abomination
Ahrimanes
Assamite
- Abd Al-Rashid
- Al-Ashrad, Amr of Alamut
- Ali Kar
- Yazid Tamari
- Yusuf, Scribe of Alamut
- Zahir, Hand of the Silsila
Baali
Brujah
Tzimisce
Ventrue
Ventrue Antitribu

Library cards

Cards that don't require a discipline, grouped by card "type":
* Allies
- Alpha by card name
* Equipment
- Alpha by card name
* Event
- Alpha by card name
* Masters
- Alpha by card name
* Political Actions
- Alpha by card name
* Retainers
- Alpha by card name
* general "non-discipline cards" (including Wake with Evening's
Freshness, Khabar: Glory, Bum's Rush, Bribes, Second Tradition, etc. -
anything that isn't one of the above and also does not require a
discipline)
- Alpha by card name

Cards that require a discipline (Govern the Unaligned, Swoop, Theft of
Vitae)
* Alpha by Discipline
- Alpha within Discipline

For purposes of "Discipline" cards, truly multi-discipline cards
(including anarch-requiring three-ways, and cards like The Call, etc.)
go at the start, before Animalism. Cards with multiple discipline
symbols on them, but "belonging" to a particular discipline (e.g. the
Bloodlines disciplines) are underneath their Bloodline discipline.
Flight is treated as a regular discipline, and goes before Fortitude.

So for these, I have:

Multi-discipline cards
Animalism
Auspex
- Anima Gathering
- Aura Reading
- Burnt Offerings
- Telepathic Misdirection
- Telepathic Tracking
- Telepathic Vote Counting
Celerity
Chimerstry
Valeren
Vicissitude
Visceratika

So the lesson is, sort it in whatever way makes sense to you and helps
you build decks more quickly.

Xian
not quick enough

echiang777@yahoo.com wrote:

> I'd suggest sorting them by set.
>
> You see, each set (and even different printings of the same set, as
CE
> proves) has a distinct scent. In order to preserve this aroma (so
that
> your cards continue to exude a pervading sense of newness), you will
> want to keep cards from different sets isolated from each other. If
you
> allow cards of different sets to co-mingle, then you run the risk
that
> the cards will lose this distinctive trait!

You are obviously a true connoisseur. While your above advice is
probably the best rule of thumb for a beginner, let me add that with
experience, you'll know which sets can be stored together safely. In
fact, a careful selection allows the taste and aroma of both sets to
actually improve. For example, the earthy qualities of Ancient Hearts
complements the woodiness of Dark Sovereigns while the Black Hand's
chocolatey hints are a great addition to most anything.

I'd also recommend propylene glycol with a 50%/50% mix of water to
regulate humidity. You don't want those R2's drying out, right? And for
crying out loud, avoid the aromatic Canadian cedar for storage--it'll
leach onto your cards and overwhelm their natural scent (check out
Rook's new line of Spanish Cedar Capsules!).

-Robert

Alex Limos wrote:
> I've always wanted to sort my cards....Any thought on this? Help me
out.

Alex, so much of this is personal preference and intent of the sorting.
Since I recently re-sorted and cataloged almost everything (25,000+++
cards), I thought I would offer this perspective. As a player with 30+
constructed decks at any time, my desire to find things quickly in
groups that enable deck building. So, I did this.

In the first boxes:
1) Vampires: Sorted by clan, then capacity, then alphabetically.
2) Clan-specific cards: placed behind the vampires of the appropriate
clan, sorted by type (Master, Action, Modifier, Reaction, Combat,
Equipment, Ally, Retainer), then alphabetically.

In different boxes:
1) Discipline-specific cards: sorted by type, then alphabetically.
2) Sect-specific and title-specific cards: also sorted by type, then
alphabetically
3) Non-discipline cards: also sorted by type, the alphabetically

In different boxes
Masters: sorted alphabetically

In different boxes
Political actions: sorted alphabetically

So, when I build a deck in software, I can find logically related
groups of cards quickly. If I had sorted, say, by set, I would have to
look through many more boxes to find the desired cards.

The obvious shortcoming of this sorting strategy is that when new sets
are printed, I have to move almost everything around to make space in
the boxes and sorting structure for the new cards. Not a huge problem,
and the ease of deckbuilding more than compensates for the
twice-per-yer pain of moving blocks of cards around.

Cheers.
Darby

Alex Limos wrote:
> I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some
of the
> VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay
where
> the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action
mod.
> etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me
out.

I have four long boxes for my cards, or is it five? Anyway, more than
many, less than some. I consider myself a player first, though I do
make half-assed attempts to complete sets. I think I must be less than
a dozen cards away from finishing each set, but having completed none.
:)

I sort mine by set. Within each set, I break out library and crypt
cards, then sort by rarity with the rares being in front.

Within each rarity, I sort by type in this order, roughly emulating a
turn order: Master, Action, Political Action, Equipment, Retainer/Ally,
Action Modifier, Reaction, Combat, Combo, Event.

Within the vampire rarity, I sort by Sect then Clan--Camarilla,
Independent, Sabbat--except Bloodlines which is just sorted by clan.
Vampires within a clan are sorted from lowest capacity to highest,
alphabetized in the same capacity.

But here's the kicker: I have an entire box devoted to my "playing
cards." I consider my "play box" to be its own set, and everything in
that box is sorted in a similar fashion, with some exceptions.

I primarily play Assamites but I also have a fondness for certain other
clans and strategies, namely Tremere/tremere anti-tribu and combat. So,
my play box also has two special combat sections, one dedicated to all
the Cel/Obf/Qui combat cards and one dedicated to all the Aus/Dom/Tha
combat cards.

I put all my Promo cards in a special section in the play box. I also
put all reprints which have new expansion symbols in the play box as
well.

Jeff

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 00:32:34 GMT, "Alex Limos" <Dekefrost@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some of the
>VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay where
>the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action mod.
>etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me out.

I sort them in a way similar to Pat's.

First, I divide them into these categories:

- Vampires and clan-requiring cards
- Discipline-requiring cards (including dual-discipline ones)
- Cards requiring bloodlines disciplines
- Anarch-related cards (this includes anarch requirement, go-anarch
and "better to anarch" ones)
- Sabbat-requiring cards
- Black Hand-related cards (same logic as Anarchs)
- all the others

Within each category, I sort them by type (Master, Political Action,
Ally, Retainer, Equipment, Action, Act Mod, Reaction, Combat - this
particular order.)

It changes a little bit when dealing with the "all the others"
section: Master, Action, Act Mod, Reaction, Combat, Political action,
Ally, Retainer, Event, Equipment, "general usefulness" (this includes
Blood Doll, Minion Tap, Forced, Wake, Taste of Vitae and a single
Vicissitude Poisoning to toss at the last moment in any deck since
there's a 90% chance here in each game of seeing some Tzimisce around
:).
There's no real reason for these general cards to be sorted in a
different type order. I just got used to this since they're in a
separated box.

Within any category, I sort them alphabetically. The exception is the
vampires section. I usually sort themby clan and by capacity (down
from the top) and when the capacities match, I sort them by name.
Clan-requiring cards go after the smallest vampire and are sorted by
type as usual.

For some strange reason, I never sorted Camarilla-requiring cards
separated from the rest, like I do with Sabbat, Anarchs etc. So Second
Traditions rest next to Surprise Influence.

Finally, the dual-discipline cards are a personal problem. For the
moment I file them this way: if one of the disciplines required is
unique, I'm sorting it as if it were a card from that discipline. So
Weigh the Heart (AUS SER) is filed under Serpentis cards. If it's not
the case, I file under the first discipline listed. So Forced March
(CEL FOR) is filed under CEL.

That works for me until now because of many coincidences (Iron Heart
is more likely to be used by Brujah, so it makes sense to have it
under Potence; Forced March is more likely to be used with clans that
have CEL as built-in and FOR as out-of-clan, and so on). But it's
bound to cause some problems in the future. Maybe it's better to sort
them separately.

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Newsletter Editor
V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 00:32:34 GMT, Alex Limos <Dekefrost@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some of
> the
> VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay
> where
> the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action
> mod.
> etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me out.

Crypt + Clan requiring library cards after vampires of that clan
- Clan (abc..)
- Name (abc..)
Library
- Master
- Non-unique (abc..)
- Archetypes (abc..)
- Unique (abc..)
- Out-of-turn (abc..)
- Event (abc..)
- Minion
- Disciplineless
- Action (abc..)
- Political Action (abc..)
- Equipment
- Non-weapon (abc..)
- Weapon (abc..)
- Ally (abc..)
- Retainer (abc..)
- Action Modifier (abc..)
- Reaction (abc..)
- Combat (abc..)
- Combo (abc..)
- Disciplined
- Single discipline (abc..)
- Name (abc..)
- Dual discipline
- Name (abc..)
- Bloodlines disciplines
- Name (abc..)
- Anarch three-ways
- Name (abc..)

Most of my cards are in single files within long boxes.
Different types are separated by index cards. I've been
thinking of either refining some of the more numerous
types of cards even more or making alphabetic index cards
to separate them.

--
Powerbase: Turku
http://www.tenerdo.org/

"Alex Limos" <Dekefrost@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some
> of the VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection
> from Ebay where the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master,
> Action, Action mod. etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought
> on this? Help me out.

Sorting schemes vary, but this is the one I use --

All cards that require a single Discipline
-Alpha by Discipline (ANI, AUS...VIC)
--Alpha within Discipline (Aid from Bats...Wolf Companion)
All cards that require multiple Disciplines
-Alpha by Discipline pair (ANI/AUS, ANI/CEL, AUS/CEL...PRO/VIC)
--Alpha within Discipline pair (Granted, not too much to work with here)
All cards requiring a Discipline and another trait
-Currently, this is just Anarch 3-ways, alpha by name.
All cards requiring Flight, alphabetically.
All cards that do not require Disciplines
-Alpha by card type (Action, Action Modifier...Retainer)
--Alpha within card type (Abomination...Zillah's Tears)
-Combo cardtypes go at the end (Mob Rule, Ritual of the Bitter Rose)
All vampires by clan
-Alpha by clan (Ahrimanes...Ventrue Antitribu)
--Ascending capacity order within clan (Angel...Gwendolyn)
---Alpha within capacity (Isabel Giovanni...Vittorio Giovanni)
All cards requiring a clan are placed at the end of that clan's crypt
cards (For Brujah, after Gwendolyn).
-These are sorted in the same type order as cards that do not require
Disciplines, above)

That's what I'm currently using, but I'm thinking of breaking things down
further, due to the increase in non-Discipline requirements. At the time
of the initial Jyhad release, it wasn't a big deal to sort the occasional
P/J requiring card in with the things with no requirement -- throw First
Tradition in with the KRCs and Con Boons, and the Bloodhunts in with the
Bum's Rushes -- but with the advent of the Sabbat titles, Black Hand,
Anarchs, and the Red List, I'm giving serious thought to breaking things
out by requirement and making a 'no requirements, really' section. The
re-sort will probably be a pain in the neck, but integrating my KMW order
(once it arrives -- don't want to spend money until the wife gets a new
job, which looks like it'll be pretty soon, insh'allah) sounds like the
perfect excuse.

Tentative new taxonomy:

Requires Sect, Alpha by Sect (Camarilla, Independent, Sabbat)
-Requires Sect title, by Restrictiveness ('titled Camarilla,' P/J, J/IC,
IC)
--Alpha by Card Type (Closed Session...Legacy of Power)
Requires Attribute, Alpha by Attribute (Anarch, Black Hand, Red List)

May as well enter my inventory into FELDB while I'm doing that.

pe

I sort my cards by the back of the cards. This gives you four different
piles of cards. Simple and neat. Admittedly, finding cards is a pain
and this most likely is also why I never build any good decks since I
tire of going through the piles pretty quickly but I can live with
that.

I also have a secret fifth pile which has all my marked cards, coffee
stains, ketchup marks. These are also good for finding certain cards.

Archie

Alex Limos wrote:
> I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some
of the
> VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay
where
> the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action
mod.
> etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me
out.

I currently sort my cards out by the set then alphabetically. There are
two piles, library and crypt. Though... my collection spans all sets...
making it hard to find cards in a hurry!!!

I believe the larger the set becomes the more sense it makes to keep
the sorting simple. I am going to convert my 'piles' from
set-alphabetical sorts to simply alphabetical. This system has
advantages if you make decks up first when using a program like the
ARDB. Generate the decklist... then find the cards that are in
alphabetical order!

Though, the idea sounds good... it is ALOT of work, particular when you
have thousands of cards. :)

Andrew

After years of "confusion", I've decided in DEC 04 to sort my cards...
and I've completed the huge task in a month...

My method is:
1 card x of each expansion is in plastic sleeves (for collection
purposes).

Other cards are put in box with an etiquette that identify the content.

for VAMPS:
clan
group
capacity

for MASTER:
by clan (if applicable)
by type (Master, Master OOT, Unique)
alphabetically

for non MASTER disciplineless/clanless library cards:
by type
alphabetically

for non MASTER discipline/clanless library cards:
by type
bloodline discipline OR 1st discipline (for multi discipline cards)
alphabetically

for non MASTER clan related library cards:
by type
alphabetically

Clan related cards are kept together in a single box for each clan.

I've also decided to keep no more than 30 copies of each C card except
for those already in decks and very useful cards (as deflection, blood
dolls, ecc...)

You are confused?
So I'm...
But now I've no problem making decks and searching for cards...

Xian <xian@visi.com> wrote:
> Alex Limos wrote:
>> I've always wanted to sort my cards but I want some ideas on how some
> of the
>> VTES community sort their cards. I've acquired a collection from Ebay
> where
>> the former owner sorted his cards by type i.e. Master, Action, Action
> mod.
>> etc. I've seen some sort them by set. Any thought on this? Help me
> out.

> Heh.

> Earlier today, a conversation on #vtes had me looking at a thread from
> September of 2002 that Jozxyqk started about this same thing.

Aha, I did start that conversation :)
I think I finally figured it out.

These days, I've got an extremely anal-retentive sorting scheme.
Thanks to bcwsupplies.com, I have a few "Card Houses", which are the
3x4 grids of "drawers" (800-card boxes), and I've currently split
everything up over 3 of these grids:

Note that this is the ideal situation. I currently have lots of
unsorted "piles" around :) And I've been thinking about retooling
my system to be either less, or more, "typed". Also note that most of
these boxes are far from full. It's not an efficient sorting in terms
of space :)
And, with my wish for Physics to finally find a way to symbolically link
in space, I also have a few pages of printouts I keep near the boxes,
to point out "You might also want to look in Box B" for things like
multiple-requirement cards and the Bloodlines outferiors.
Yeah.. it's a little nutty, I know.

House 1: Clans
In House 1, each clan is sorted by Group, then by Capacity, then by
Name. Then all the cards that require that clan (including Justicar
votes, Contracts, and other things that only make sense if I'm playing
with that clan) are sorted in alphabetical order. If a clan requires
multiple clans, it is sorted with the Cam version (so far, the only such
cards are Tre/!Tre gargoyle cards and Derange). All copies of the
same card are sorted by expansion.
Bru/!Bru Gan/!Gan/Ahr Mal/!Mal Nos/!Nos
Tor/!Tor Tre/!Tre/Gar Ven/!Ven Las/Tzi
Cai/Pan Gio/Rav Ass/FoS Bloodlines (and now Abominations)

House 2: Disciplines
In House 2, I include the skill cards, and then everything else requiring
that discipline just alphabetically (and by expansion).
Cards that require multiple disciplines (other than Bloodlines ones) are
sorted under one of those disciplines (I make an arbitrary decision for
each one and stick with it).
Ani Aus Cel Dom
For Obf Pot Pre
Pro/Ser Chi/Nec Qui/Tha Dem/Obt/Vic

House 3: Everything else
Here's where it gets really neurotically sorted.
I have a box put aside for cards that require (or create) Camarilla
vampires (other than their specific clans, which are sorted above).
So, everything from Out of the Frying Pan, to Praxis Seizures, to
Judgment Camarilla Segregation.
Then I have a similar box for Sabbat, with a special section for
Black Hand. And another box for Independents and Anarch stuff.
The "Weapons" box includes Concealed Weapon and now Suppressing Fire
as well.
If a card has multiple types, I just put it somewhere and leave it
there for consistency.
To explain how I have this stuff sorted, I need multiple lines for
each box :)

Cam Sab/BH Ind/Anarch Bloodlines Disciplines

Masters A-L Allies Actions Political Actions
Retainers Act Mods
Non-Weapon Eq.

Masters M-Z Weapons Reactions [Empty Box]
and Events Combat
and Red List

Is it efficiency or is it mental illness? You decide! :)

Xian wrote:
> Vampire cards
> * Alpha by Clan (antitribu follows main clan)
> - Alpha by vampire

I've begun by sorting by group first, then by clan. No sense in looking
at G1 tremere hanging out with G4 ones...

Crypt cards
--By SectGroup (Cam7+Cai, Sab10, Indy4, BL+Abom)
----then by clan name (with Cai and Pan first)
------then capacity, name, advancement
Clan-requiring library cards and clan justicar votes with their clans.

Library cards (each group alpha by name by default)
--That require Disciplines
----Non-Three-Ways by Discipline name
------If a card requires two, sort by the one whose icon is on top.
----Three-Way anarch cards
--Other Anarch cards
----Cards that make anarchs
----Cards that require anarchs
----Cards that make Barons
----Cards that require Barons
--That don't require Disciplines by type (split types by first type)
----Politics (non-clan hoser)
------Political Actions (except title-granters and sected-title-requirers)
------Cards affecting referendums (Bribes, etc.)
------Cards that require Camarilla titles (by minimum title required)
------Cards that grant Camarilla titles (by title given)
------Cards that require Sabbat titles
------Cards that grant Sabbat titles
----Equipment and ammo
------Weapons that don't do ranged damage
------Weapons that do ranged damage (+ non-damaging grenades)
------Ammo
------Non-weapons, non-locquipment
------Locquiment
----Allies & Retainers (and card for them, like Ghouled)
----Actions (non-Holds, non-clan hoser)
----Modifiers & Reactions (non-Holds, non-clan hoser)
----Holds
----Masters (non-clan hoser)
------Trifles
------Non-OOT masters
------OOT masters
----Events (by type then name)
----Clan hosers (alpha by target clan)

--
LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

> I've begun by sorting by group first, then by clan. No sense in
looking
> at G1 tremere hanging out with G4 ones...

Unless, of course, you have a great idea for a Tremere deck and just
don't know which groups' vampires would be best. Then, I would much
rather have them together (so I could compare them.)

-- Brian

>----Events (by type then name)

Sweet!

I USED to sort my events alphabetically. I figured, like Master cards,
that if there are enough of them, I won't want to keep every little
group separate.

But, since I know that LSJ sorts his event by type then name, I can do
the same, because he probably won't print something that screws up his
own sorting system!

-- Brian
Looking to the DISTANT future
A future with millions of Events

LSJ wrote:

[SNIPP] EXCELLENT INDEX [ENDSNIPP]

Do you have a list of all the cards listed in this order?

How do you handle different editions of the same card?

Cheers, Alf

either way, some sorting by group is required. (I usually build my
decks with vampire discipline searchers online first...)

Besides... you know the ones in G2 G3 are the best. don't bother
comparing. :)