ptoh

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
Hi, I wounder if there is such a video card that has something like a "vga-in" connection? What I like to do is to use a computer to show and record (capture?) what is actually shown on another computers screen.

A VGA to VHS converter and record the screen on a VHS is not working due to the high res (1280*1024) used. The text is not readable :(

To capture the VGA on the first computer is not working either because the system has a second card that does an vga overlay and I like to grab everything!

Opinions and suggestions?!
Thanks!

I'm not sure,but I doubt you would be able to 'record' the motion of a VGA out, as that is ALOT of info. Computers are now BARELY able to capture HDTV even with expensive cards, so 1280x1024x32(or16) would be ALOT of info, HDTV has 4-6 times the info of a DVD aka SDTV, so VGA would likely be ALOT more at that res, you will likely be stuck with computer specific capture, not exporrt. IMHO.
PS No,I have not seen any cards that do this...

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=red>RED</font color=red> <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> :tongue: GA to SK