2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Doesn't matter. Sleekness and weight are not as important to me as functionality.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable but then I'm not really sure what desktop replacement means..
5. How much battery life do you need?
Does 3 hours or more sound reasonable?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
It'd be nice to be able to play World of Warcraft at highest settings and Skyrim at medium settings. I'm not sure what the range of settings is. Gaming on the laptop is definitely secondary to...
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I'm a student so I really need the laptop for writing papers, for internet browsing, and for presentations. On top of that though, I want to be able to watch blurays (not 3D) and use Photoshop and other Macromedia products and use them quickly. I'm not sure if a faster laptop makes internet faster, but that would be nice too. Basically, I want an upgrade from my Thinkpad. I want to be able to do my work, watch blurays, and use Photoshop and to do so without lag times, and if I can play World of Warcraft and maybe Skyrim on the side, that'd be great.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
How much do you think? I'm not sure. I have an external hard drive (My PassPort Essential 500GB WDBACY5000ABK), so I figure I can have a little less on the laptop if it helps with the price. I'm not sure on this. I don't have crazy amounts of songs or movies on my laptop, just tons of Photoshop projects, Word documents, and PowerPoint presentations.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I need to do in-store pickup because I have to pay with check. I guess I could do money transfer online if need be, but I can't pay with credit card and my debit has a limit.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible. I usually get a new computer every 2-3 years, but that's by necessity because they break down.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Bluray ROM, don't need a writer though
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't have a brand preference, though I don't want a Mac. I've always heard Toshiba is great, but y'all would know better than I would.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Bottom line: I want a laptop that I can take with me to school/on trips/at home and play Blurays at 1080p, run Photoshop quickly, and maybe play World of Warcraft and Skyrim with decently high settings. Its main use will be for writing papers, research online, and making presentations. Weight and style don't really matter as long as its durable and fast. Can y'all help me find my dream computer?
Last replyBest Answer
More aboutlooking laptop advice
That's looks nice. It doesn't have bluray or 1080p, but if it did, that would be great. I've never heard of MSI. Is that a good, trusted company?