Ventrues w/obf 3-4 [DECK]

This is the ventrue deck i've been playing for a while, please comment.

3x Lucinde Alastor
2x Marcus Vitel
2x Mustafa, The Heir
2x Mukhtar Bey
1x Diana Vick
1x Robin Withers
1x Catherine du Bois

1x Island of Yiaros
1x Temptation of Greater Power
1x Giant's Blood
3x Golconda: Inner Peace
4x Minion Tap
2x Information Highway
2x Ventrue Headquarters
2x Obfuscate

6x Govern the Unaligned

3x Banishment
4x Parity Shift
1x Praxis Seizure: Geneva
8x Kine Resource Contested

1x The Kiss of Ra
3x Awe
4x Bewitching Oration
5x Forgotten Labirynth
5x Lost in Crowds
2x Cloack the Gathering

5x Rolling with the Punches
7x Majesty

6x Second Tradition
6x Deflection
3x Obedience

Omael wrote:
> This is the ventrue deck i've been playing for a while, please
comment.

I think everyone should play or have on of these deck archtypes lying
around. It's a solid and effective deck type, it is also amusing to see
it in the hands of a newbie ;-)

> 3x Lucinde Alastor
> 2x Marcus Vitel
> 2x Mustafa, The Heir
> 2x Mukhtar Bey
> 1x Diana Vick
> 1x Robin Withers
> 1x Catherine du Bois

I refreshed my brain last night and realized all those vamps are G3/4.
If you were using G2/3 I could offer lots of useless ideas :) But that
crypt looks fairly solid. Basically bigger vamps supported by a couple
of weenies, works well.

> 1x Island of Yiaros
> 1x Temptation of Greater Power
> 1x Giant's Blood
> 3x Golconda: Inner Peace
> 4x Minion Tap
> 2x Information Highway
> 2x Ventrue Headquarters
> 2x Obfuscate

I'd add in 2 more minions taps for 1 less Golconda and 1 less Ventrue
HQ. What does the Island of Yiaros do? Do you have any Zillah's Valley?
I find they are better good in decks like this.

> 6x Govern the Unaligned

Cool.

> 3x Banishment
> 4x Parity Shift
> 1x Praxis Seizure: Geneva
> 8x Kine Resource Contested

I'd up the damage count with votes, 2 more KRC and some Con. Ag. Why no
Ancient Influence? Reigns of Power? Political Struggle?

> 1x The Kiss of Ra
> 3x Awe
> 4x Bewitching Oration
> 5x Forgotten Labirynth
> 5x Lost in Crowds
> 2x Cloack the Gathering

1 more Kiss of Ra, 2 more Bewitchinh Oration.
I just realized no Voter Captivations?

> 5x Rolling with the Punches
> 7x Majesty

5 Majesty are usually enough.

> 6x Second Tradition
> 6x Deflection
> 3x Obedience

More Deflections and definately more Obedience.

My expereince with this type of deck is that it attracts attention.
Once players become aware you are running a stealth/vote/bleed ventrue
deck they have a tendancy to completly smash your vampires. My
playgroup especially will murder the first vampire I bring out with
this type of deck. I find it essential to do a couple of two things.

1) Grovel with supreme gusto. I can handle being smacked down by my
predator or prey, but cross-table attacks are caused by an irrational
(or is that justififed) fear of votes being dropped on them. I can
usually do deals with my cross-table "ally" so the odd vote points get
tossed on his prey or something to that effect.

2) Failing grovelling the other way is to protect your valuable minions
from the attentions of those other snivelling meths :)

Obedience works wonders, especially with superior DOM. I like the
intercept angle, I run something similiar in mine except I use more
reactions.

> > 3x Lucinde Alastor
> > 2x Marcus Vitel
> > 2x Mustafa, The Heir
> > 2x Mukhtar Bey
> > 1x Diana Vick
> > 1x Robin Withers
> > 1x Catherine du Bois

I'd add in one more Marcus Vitel and drop a Mustafa.
Marcus is *awesome* for this deck.

> > 1x Island of Yiaros
> > 1x Temptation of Greater Power
> > 1x Giant's Blood
> > 3x Golconda: Inner Peace
> > 4x Minion Tap
> > 2x Information Highway
> > 2x Ventrue Headquarters
> > 2x Obfuscate

> I'd add in 2 more minions taps for 1 less Golconda and 1 less Ventrue
> HQ. What does the Island of Yiaros do? Do you have any Zillah's
Valley?
> I find they are better good in decks like this.

To be honest, I think this is an awful Master selection.
Ditch the Obfuscate masters. Inferior is enough, usually.
Also, you don't need three Golconda's but you do need more Minion Taps.
Voter Cap will replace the need for Giant's Blood.
Info Highways is only useful if you draw it early.
Double copies of unique locations = no.
Add 2-3 Minion Taps, add a couple of Zillah's Valley.

> > 6x Govern the Unaligned
>
> Cool.

While, cool, they take up precious card slots. You will oust by votes
and bloat with Voter Caps. Not with Governs. If you go the freak drive
angle, they're ok to use, otherwise a vote card will be better than a
Govern.

> > 3x Banishment
> > 4x Parity Shift
> > 1x Praxis Seizure: Geneva
> > 8x Kine Resource Contested
>
> I'd up the damage count with votes, 2 more KRC and some Con. Ag. Why
no
> Ancient Influence? Reigns of Power? Political Struggle?

More Parity Shift. You *need* one in the first 3-4 turns. Also mix
between KRC and Conservative Agitation in case you get DT'd.

> > 1x The Kiss of Ra
> > 3x Awe
> > 4x Bewitching Oration
> > 5x Forgotten Labirynth
> > 5x Lost in Crowds
> > 2x Cloack the Gathering

Voter Caps, voter caps and more voter caps. If you can find the room,
try toi sqeeuze in 2-3 Conditionings for some surprise ousting power.

> 1 more Kiss of Ra, 2 more Bewitchinh Oration.
> I just realized no Voter Captivations?

Indeed. You don't need more BO. There's 7 vote push cards in there
already and with Zillah/parity you'll have the upper hand regardless.

> > 5x Rolling with the Punches
> > 7x Majesty
>
> 5 Majesty are usually enough.

As are 3 Rollings. 8 combat defense cards and ~6 Obediences will be
quite enough at an averagre table. A dedicated combat deck will whoop
you no matter how many of these you have, although Obedience can be a
real pain sometimes.

> > 6x Second Tradition
> > 6x Deflection
> > 3x Obedience
>
> More Deflections and definately more Obedience.

+3 Obedience, +2 Deflection, maybe add a Wake or 2. Since you will do a
vote action with each of your active minions every turn, you'll always
be tapped out. You need a lot of wakes/2nd to cover for that.

Alternatively, you can go the Freak Drive route and play govern down -
freak - vote, but that's probably a whole different deck.

I forgot to put some cards in the list, in my deck there is
4x Voter captivation
1x Mind Rape
1x Political Stranglehold

I use the island of Yiaros combined with the rush ability of Lucinde,
usually to smack some Korah's and other no combat voter vampires, it
works awesome.

My environment is heavily loaded with votes, so if i don't get the
Ventrues HQ in the game in the first Third of the game i can be
outvoted by all the other players.

The obfuscate works with lucinde if i get rushed by a 10 Cap so i can
make him Obey.