[DECK] Goddess on the Mountaintop

Deck Name : The Godess of the Mountaintop
Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
Description :
This is my new version of Basilia Multirush. The idea is to put out alot of
Trophies then when you get Basilia in play then you vaporize a Red List,
preferably a low risk target like Smudge or some other token 1 cap. This is
my first try with a Trophy deck so be gentle. :)

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 4 max: 10 average: 6.84

5x Basilia 10 ANI FOR PRO obf pot primogen Gangrel:1
1x Didi Meyers 5 DOM aus cel obf Malkavian:1
1x Isabel Giovanni 5 DOM NEC pot Giovanni:2
1x Kurt Strauss 5 DOM aus tha !Tremere:2
1x Ranjan Rishi, Cama 5 DOM PRE for Ventrue:2
1x Chas Giovanni Tell 4 DOM POT Giovanni:2
1x Gloria Giovanni 4 DOM nec Giovanni:2
1x Ingrid Russo 4 DOM for !Ventrue:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [8]
8x Red List

Action Modifier [14]
14x Freak Drive

Combat [35]
4x Amaranth
9x Carrion Crows
3x Form of Mist
10x Immortal Grapple
2x Pushing the Limit
4x Quick Meld
3x Skin of Steel

Master [18]
6x Blood Doll
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
3x Haven Uncovered
1x Rack, The
1x Trophy: Diablerie
1x Trophy: Discipline
2x Trophy: Domain
1x Trophy: Hunting Ground
1x Trophy: Retainers

Reaction [9]
9x Deflection

Retainer [6]
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
3x Raven Spy
1x Robert Carter
1x Tasha Morgan

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Tue Mar 08 16:10:47 2005]

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

pat

Expert

"XZealot" <x_zealot@brucefoodsla.com> wrote in message
> Deck Name : The Godess of the Mountaintop
> Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
> Description :
> This is my new version of Basilia Multirush. The idea is to put out alot
> of
> Trophies then when you get Basilia in play then you vaporize a Red List,
> preferably a low risk target like Smudge or some other token 1 cap. This
> is
> my first try with a Trophy deck so be gentle. :)

Only not so much multirushing, right? (Since she can take the Red List rush
action only once per turn and there are no other rush actions in the deck.)

> Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 4 max: 10 average: 6.84
>
> 5x Basilia 10 ANI FOR PRO obf pot primogen Gangrel:1
> 1x Didi Meyers 5 DOM aus cel obf Malkavian:1
> 1x Isabel Giovanni 5 DOM NEC pot Giovanni:2
> 1x Kurt Strauss 5 DOM aus tha !Tremere:2
> 1x Ranjan Rishi, Cama 5 DOM PRE for Ventrue:2
> 1x Chas Giovanni Tell 4 DOM POT Giovanni:2
> 1x Gloria Giovanni 4 DOM nec Giovanni:2
> 1x Ingrid Russo 4 DOM for !Ventrue:2
>

> Library [90 cards]
>
> Action [8]
> 8x Red List

Your all DOM support crypt cries for some Graverobbing. If Basilia can't eat
'em, Didi & company ought to bring 'em over to your team.

> Action Modifier [14]
> 14x Freak Drive

Maybe add some 6x Earth Control to get the Red List action through? Or 3x
Earth Control, 3x Forgotten Labyrinth, so they'll stack?

Work in Conditioning x4 for your DOM guys?

> Combat [35]
> 4x Amaranth
> 9x Carrion Crows
> 3x Form of Mist
> 10x Immortal Grapple
> 2x Pushing the Limit
> 4x Quick Meld

That's not enough maneuvers for my metagame, but maybe it works o.k. for
yours. (I like Unflinching Persistence, since it has another use if you
don't need the maneuvers.)

> 3x Skin of Steel
>
> Master [18]
> 6x Blood Doll
> 2x Dreams of the Sphinx
> 3x Haven Uncovered

Oh, there's some more rushing, I didn't notice it before. But it might just
as well be 3 rush actions, which won't jam you on masters quite so badly. (I
always find that the Uncovered minion just takes the +1 stealth action to
change his address, if you don't kill him immediately.)

<snip the rest>

> Comments Welcome,
> Norman S. Brown, Jr
> XZealot
> Archon of the Swamp

Good luck!

- Pat

"Pat" <patrick.lusk.nospam@comcast.nyetspam.net> wrote in message
> "XZealot" <x_zealot@brucefoodsla.com> wrote in message
>> Deck Name : The Godess of the Mountaintop
>> Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
>> Description :
>> This is my new version of Basilia Multirush. The idea is to put out alot
>> of
>> Trophies then when you get Basilia in play then you vaporize a Red List,
>> preferably a low risk target like Smudge or some other token 1 cap. This
>> is
>> my first try with a Trophy deck so be gentle. :)
>>

> Only not so much multirushing, right? (Since she can take the Red List
> rush action only once per turn and there are no other rush actions in the
> deck.)

This is true. I ran out of room. I'm going to give this version a try.

>> Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 4 max: 10 average: 6.84
>>
>> 5x Basilia 10 ANI FOR PRO obf pot primogen Gangrel:1
>> 1x Didi Meyers 5 DOM aus cel obf Malkavian:1
>> 1x Isabel Giovanni 5 DOM NEC pot Giovanni:2
>> 1x Kurt Strauss 5 DOM aus tha !Tremere:2
>> 1x Ranjan Rishi, Cama 5 DOM PRE for Ventrue:2
>> 1x Chas Giovanni Tell 4 DOM POT Giovanni:2
>> 1x Gloria Giovanni 4 DOM nec Giovanni:2
>> 1x Ingrid Russo 4 DOM for !Ventrue:2
>>

>> Library [90 cards]
>>
>> Action [8]
>> 8x Red List
>
> Your all DOM support crypt cries for some Graverobbing. If Basilia can't
> eat 'em, Didi & company ought to bring 'em over to your team.

Yes, this is true but what would you drop. For this deck you have to have
Red List Minions in Play.

>> Action Modifier [14]
>> 14x Freak Drive
>>

> Maybe add some 6x Earth Control to get the Red List action through? Or 3x
> Earth Control, 3x Forgotten Labyrinth, so they'll stack?

> Work in Conditioning x4 for your DOM guys?
>
>> Combat [35]
>> 4x Amaranth
>> 9x Carrion Crows
>> 3x Form of Mist
>> 10x Immortal Grapple
>> 2x Pushing the Limit
>> 4x Quick Meld
>
> That's not enough maneuvers for my metagame, but maybe it works o.k. for
> yours. (I like Unflinching Persistence, since it has another use if you
> don't need the maneuvers.)

I don't know about your metagame but usually 1 Quick Meld at superior (2
manuevers) will run anyone down. Possibly could switch them for Drawing out
the Beast.

>> 3x Skin of Steel
>>
>> Master [18]
>> 6x Blood Doll
>> 2x Dreams of the Sphinx
>> 3x Haven Uncovered
>
> Oh, there's some more rushing, I didn't notice it before. But it might
> just as well be 3 rush actions, which won't jam you on masters quite so
> badly. (I always find that the Uncovered minion just takes the +1 stealth
> action to change his address, if you don't kill him immediately.)

The theory is that since so many of your masters are trophies that you can
afford to play them early when you have no vampires or discard them and fish
them out when you bag your Red List vampire. This should keep you from
jamming on them.

As for havens going to waste, I haven't ever had that problem when Basilia
is in play.

> Good luck!

Thanks! I'll need it!

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

XZealot <x_zealot@brucefoodsla.com> wrote:
: Combat [35]
: 4x Amaranth
: 9x Carrion Crows
: 3x Form of Mist
: 10x Immortal Grapple
: 2x Pushing the Limit
: 4x Quick Meld
: 3x Skin of Steel

Something's missing.. And it would be the 6+ Drawing out the Beasts.
They don't every time, but I'd rather count on them than on maneuvers,
plus there's always the one extra point of damage, and ignoring
equipment. Should save from the annoyment of being hosed by for instance
a weenie gun deck.

//T

I would put at least one copy of Wynn in rather than five Basilia.
They have the same disciplines (different special) and you could then
have two people attacking each turn.

The DOM support is nice, however I would want people that could use
some of the other cards in the deck, maybe Iliana.

Also, how about Beast Meld to ensure that the Red List actions happen?

Marlow
Prince of Leicester.