Black Glove vs Immortal Grapple

Last response: in Video Games
March 9, 2005 3:11:17 PM

Quick question on the black glove:

This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove. Does
that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

In the case of Lazverinius using a torn signpost and striking for +3,
effectively inflicting 9 Aggravated damage which would probably burn
most vamps in that game unless they can prevent!

Thanks!
March 9, 2005 3:19:19 PM

> This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove.
Does that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove
to make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

no. black gloves are a meele weapon. read the cards...
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 3:22:17 PM

2Extreme4U wrote:
> Quick question on the black glove:
>
> This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove.
Does
> that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
> make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

No. Using a weapon is not a hand strike, which is what Immortal Grapple
limits you to.

The fact that the card name includes 'Gloves' does not override the
fact that it's a (melee) weapon by card text. You can no more use a
Black Glove while Immortal Grappling than you can a Sengir Dagger or
Kali's Fang.

Black Gloves' card text also does not alter your hand damage, so you'd
be striking for whatever your base strength is.

> In the case of Lazverinius using a torn signpost and striking for +3,
> effectively inflicting 9 Aggravated damage which would probably burn
> most vamps in that game unless they can prevent!

A very nasty combo, but not one you can use with Immortal Grapple.

> Thanks!

-John Flournoy
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 6:19:01 PM

"2Extreme4U" <xrubystarsx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1110399077.773900.126030@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Quick question on the black glove:
>
> This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove. Does
> that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
> make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

No. It is a melee weapon. Striking with a melee weapon is forbidden
under Immortal Grapple.

--
LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

On 9 Mar 2005 12:11:17 -0800, "2Extreme4U" <xrubystarsx@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Quick question on the black glove:
>
>This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove. Does
>that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
>make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

No. Black Glove is a "Unique melee weapon.". Hence it's a Melee Weapon
strike. Hence it is not a Hand Strike. Hence it is not permissable by
the terms of Immortal Grapple.

Morgan Vening
- Hence
March 10, 2005 10:25:55 AM

2Extreme4U <xrubystarsx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Quick question on the black glove:
>
> This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove. Does
> that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
> make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

No, it's a melee weapon and . . . oh nevermind
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 12:49:15 PM

LSJ wrote:
> "2Extreme4U" <xrubystarsx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Quick question on the black glove:
> >
> > This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove.
Does
> > that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
> > make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?
>
> No. It is a melee weapon. Striking with a melee weapon is forbidden
> under Immortal Grapple.

Now that we have a card classification of "Grapple" perhaps Black
Gloves and Bang Nakh could be written as:

Bang Nakh
Equipment
Melee Weapon. Grapple. Strength +2 damage each strike.

Black Gloves
Unique Equipment
Melee Weapon. Grapple. etc
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 2:58:11 PM

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:

> Now that we have a card classification of "Grapple" perhaps Black
> Gloves and Bang Nakh could be written as:
>
> Bang Nakh
> Equipment
> Melee Weapon. Grapple. Strength +2 damage each strike.
>
> Black Gloves
> Unique Equipment
> Melee Weapon. Grapple. etc

To what end? Disengage and Immense Size only protect against grapple
cards as they are played (the latter restricts the playing of). They
wouldn't have any effect on these equipment cards.

Matt Morgan
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 9:37:43 PM

jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
>>"2Extreme4U" <xrubystarsx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
>>>make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?
>>
>>No. It is a melee weapon. Striking with a melee weapon is forbidden
>>under Immortal Grapple.
>
> Now that we have a card classification of "Grapple" perhaps Black
> Gloves and Bang Nakh could be written as:
>
> Bang Nakh
> Equipment
> Melee Weapon. Grapple. Strength +2 damage each strike.
>
> Black Gloves
> Unique Equipment
> Melee Weapon. Grapple. etc

Perhaps. But they are not grapples, so assigning that name would be
inconsistent with what that term represents.

Also, the answer regarding Immortal Grapple would still be the
same -- strikes with grapple weapons are still not hand strikes
(since they are weapon strikes).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
!