Black Glove vs Immortal Grapple

Quick question on the black glove:

This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove. Does
that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

In the case of Lazverinius using a torn signpost and striking for +3,
effectively inflicting 9 Aggravated damage which would probably burn
most vamps in that game unless they can prevent!

Thanks!
8 answers Last reply
More about black glove immortal grapple

    > This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove.
    Does that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove
    to make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

    no. black gloves are a meele weapon. read the cards...

    2Extreme4U wrote:
    > Quick question on the black glove:
    >
    > This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove.
    Does
    > that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
    > make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

    No. Using a weapon is not a hand strike, which is what Immortal Grapple
    limits you to.

    The fact that the card name includes 'Gloves' does not override the
    fact that it's a (melee) weapon by card text. You can no more use a
    Black Glove while Immortal Grappling than you can a Sengir Dagger or
    Kali's Fang.

    Black Gloves' card text also does not alter your hand damage, so you'd
    be striking for whatever your base strength is.

    > In the case of Lazverinius using a torn signpost and striking for +3,
    > effectively inflicting 9 Aggravated damage which would probably burn
    > most vamps in that game unless they can prevent!

    A very nasty combo, but not one you can use with Immortal Grapple.

    > Thanks!

    -John Flournoy

    "2Extreme4U" <xrubystarsx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1110399077.773900.126030@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
    > Quick question on the black glove:
    >
    > This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove. Does
    > that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
    > make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

    No. It is a melee weapon. Striking with a melee weapon is forbidden
    under Immortal Grapple.

    --
    LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
    V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

    On 9 Mar 2005 12:11:17 -0800, "2Extreme4U" <xrubystarsx@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Quick question on the black glove:
    >
    >This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove. Does
    >that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
    >make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

    No. Black Glove is a "Unique melee weapon.". Hence it's a Melee Weapon
    strike. Hence it is not a Hand Strike. Hence it is not permissable by
    the terms of Immortal Grapple.

    Morgan Vening
    - Hence

    2Extreme4U <xrubystarsx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Quick question on the black glove:
    >
    > This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove. Does
    > that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
    > make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?

    No, it's a melee weapon and . . . oh nevermind

    LSJ wrote:
    > "2Extreme4U" <xrubystarsx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Quick question on the black glove:
    > >
    > > This weapons does Strenght + 1 aggravated damage and is a glove.
    Does
    > > that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
    > > make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?
    >
    > No. It is a melee weapon. Striking with a melee weapon is forbidden
    > under Immortal Grapple.

    Now that we have a card classification of "Grapple" perhaps Black
    Gloves and Bang Nakh could be written as:

    Bang Nakh
    Equipment
    Melee Weapon. Grapple. Strength +2 damage each strike.

    Black Gloves
    Unique Equipment
    Melee Weapon. Grapple. etc

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:

    > Now that we have a card classification of "Grapple" perhaps Black
    > Gloves and Bang Nakh could be written as:
    >
    > Bang Nakh
    > Equipment
    > Melee Weapon. Grapple. Strength +2 damage each strike.
    >
    > Black Gloves
    > Unique Equipment
    > Melee Weapon. Grapple. etc

    To what end? Disengage and Immense Size only protect against grapple
    cards as they are played (the latter restricts the playing of). They
    wouldn't have any effect on these equipment cards.

    Matt Morgan
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:
    > LSJ wrote:
    >>"2Extreme4U" <xrubystarsx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>that mean that if I immortal grapple someone, I can use my glove to
    >>>make strenght + 1 aggravated damage?
    >>
    >>No. It is a melee weapon. Striking with a melee weapon is forbidden
    >>under Immortal Grapple.
    >
    > Now that we have a card classification of "Grapple" perhaps Black
    > Gloves and Bang Nakh could be written as:
    >
    > Bang Nakh
    > Equipment
    > Melee Weapon. Grapple. Strength +2 damage each strike.
    >
    > Black Gloves
    > Unique Equipment
    > Melee Weapon. Grapple. etc

    Perhaps. But they are not grapples, so assigning that name would be
    inconsistent with what that term represents.

    Also, the answer regarding Immortal Grapple would still be the
    same -- strikes with grapple weapons are still not hand strikes
    (since they are weapon strikes).

    http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Games Video Games