orpheus

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005

Thematically, a Necromantic equivalent to Sacrificial Lamb seems
appropriate to me ; it also would provide an alternative for those
non-graverobbing Nec fighters. It could be less expensive than SL,
because it fits Necro in many aspects (thematics, other cards) and
seeing as other Obf cards are usually very useful and unexpensive. Also,
it wouldn't need to take blood back in inf version as SL. The proposal
would be something along the lines of :

+1 stealth Action, 1 blood
Nec : burn a minion in torpor.
NEC : as above, and gain all blood and equipement still on that minion.

Other variants could include : 0 blood, no stealth, stealth just as sup,
no getting back equipements (just blood ?) etc.

Deadly Yours,

Orpheus

Orpheus wrote:
> Thematically, a Necromantic equivalent to Sacrificial Lamb seems
> appropriate to me ; it also would provide an alternative for those
> non-graverobbing Nec fighters. It could be less expensive than SL,
> because it fits Necro in many aspects (thematics, other cards) and
> seeing as other Obf cards are usually very useful and unexpensive.
Also,
> it wouldn't need to take blood back in inf version as SL. The
proposal
> would be something along the lines of :
>
> +1 stealth Action, 1 blood
> Nec : burn a minion in torpor.
> NEC : as above, and gain all blood and equipement still on that
minion.

Here's my view, were I given this card to playtest:

I don't see why Necromancy should get BOTH the action at stealth _and_
cost 2 less blood _and_ be able to target other people's vampires more
readily than Sacrificial Lamb. That's HUGELY more powerful, even if
you're only gaining blood on the vampire instead of capacity. I'd say
pick _one_ of those three, if you feel that the Necro version deserved
to be more powerful than the Obfuscate one (and I'm not sure that it
should.)

There's also no reason to use 'minion' instead of 'vampire', since only
vampires can ever be in torpor. :p

A more balanced version:

0 stealth action, cost 2 blood.
[nec]: Burn a vampire in torpor. This is not considered diablerie.
[NEC]: As above, and you may transfer any blood and/or equipment from
this vampire to the acting vampire.

Much more in line with Sacrificial Lamb; costs less at superior in
exchange for usually getting less blood back, while the inferior is
distinctly different while balanced against it and useful. The inferior
of this alternate version is vaguely in line with Dismemberment of
Osiris's inferior, too: costs 1 blood more, and you don't burn 1 blood
off his clanmates, but works on non-titled vampires as well.

Although, to be honest, I'd think it was more in line for Necromancy
not to get to steal blood for destroying the body but perhaps do it
more efficiently; it'd feel more like something Mortis-related that
way. So let's title it as such:

The Grave's Decay
0 stealth action, cost 2 blood.
[nec]: Burn a vampire in torpor. This is not considered diablerie.
[NEC]: As above, and you may transfer any equipment from this vampire
to the acting vampire. If this vampire has at least 2 blood counters,
untap the acting vampire at the end of the turn.

Now that feels more like a skeevy Necromancer annihilating a helpless
corpse for fun and profit! :p

> Orpheus

-John Flournoy