Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ebony Kingdom

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 11, 2005 8:02:48 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

So, does anybody know anything about the clans/bloodlines for this?

Names, disciplines, general focus, etc.

Cheers,
WES

More about : ebony kingdom

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 9:11:23 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> So, does anybody know anything about the clans/bloodlines for this?
>
> Names, disciplines, general focus, etc.
>

Yes, they've gotten posted about once a month for the past year or so. Go
search the archives.
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 11:46:42 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

oh, the possibilities.... even though i´m in love with KMW, i think
LoB will definitely be y favourite...if it´s done correctly, i migh
even place it as my complete favourite, even over bloodlines.... :) 

cheers
Luciano "Baital" de Sampaio
VEKN Anarch Baron de Curitiba
Baali Clan Newsletter Editor
Related resources
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 11:49:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 05:02:48 -0500, "Wes" <ghost@NYETSPAMmnsi.net>
wrote:

>So, does anybody know anything about the clans/bloodlines for this?
>Names, disciplines, general focus, etc.
>Cheers,
>WES

I guess it was discussed in this forum before...

Try
http://tinyurl.com/3ovzv

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Newsletter Editor
-----------------------------------------------------
V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/
March 11, 2005 11:49:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"Fabio "Sooner" Macedo" <fabio_sooner@NOSPAMyahoo.com.br> wrote

> I guess it was discussed in this forum before...

Apparently so. And here I thought the details were just announced
yesterday...

> Try
> http://tinyurl.com/3ovzv

Awesome! Thank you for a helpful, non-snarky response.

The new set looks very interesting!

Cheers,
WES
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 12:55:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

The_Baital wrote:
> oh, the possibilities.... even though i´m in love with KMW, i think
> LoB will definitely be y favourite...if it´s done correctly, i migh
> even place it as my complete favourite, even over bloodlines.... :) 

So whatwould be the correct way to do it, in your opinion?

> Luciano "Baital" de Sampaio

-John Flournoy
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 2:33:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:20:42 -0500, "Wes" <ghost@NYETSPAMmnsi.net>
wrote:

>"Fabio "Sooner" Macedo" <fabio_sooner@NOSPAMyahoo.com.br> wrote
>
>> I guess it was discussed in this forum before...
>
>Apparently so. And here I thought the details were just announced
>yesterday...

People got the grip on what's to come weeks before yesterday's
announcement - KMW's rulebook had the Ebony Kingdom's symbol printed
on back cover with "Next for V:tES: Legacies of Blood" over it. I
guess this "how it's going to be?" discussion started right after the
pre-releases ;-)


>> Try
>> http://tinyurl.com/3ovzv
>
>Awesome! Thank you for a helpful, non-snarky response.

You're welcome!
I don't even have the right to be snarky (whatever it means, here's a
new english slang for me to cope with...). Otherwise I wouldn't be a
NC. We're supposed to be helpful ;-)


>The new set looks very interesting!
>Cheers,
>WES

I just can't wait to see it, no matter how fresh KMW is yet. The
legacies, the differences in society structure, the ethnic flavour...
Seems like a good bunch of new things to toy with.

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Newsletter Editor
-----------------------------------------------------
V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 4:23:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> So whatwould be the correct way to do it, in your opinion?

You didn't ask me, but I'll chime in anyway. I'd say the best way to
handle it would be to make a new trait: "Legacy: (legacy name)". That
way, you can tack them on to the existing/corresponding clans without
having to add whole new bloodlines.

Perhaps the Legacy trait would allow them to play cards that require a
specific Legacy (or any Legacy) but prevent them from playing cards
that require the parent clan? That would reflect the culture gap, and
allow for some new mechanisms, while keeping them in the parent clan
for purposes of benefiting from clan specific cards (even if they can't
play them).

Is that too weird? It seems to fit the mechanics they've used before.
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 6:28:51 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

<deqlan@sanguinis.net> wrote in message
news:1110576215.536827.193470@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>> So whatwould be the correct way to do it, in your opinion?
>
> You didn't ask me, but I'll chime in anyway. I'd say the best way to
> handle it would be to make a new trait: "Legacy: (legacy name)". That
> way, you can tack them on to the existing/corresponding clans without
> having to add whole new bloodlines.
>
> Perhaps the Legacy trait would allow them to play cards that require a
> specific Legacy (or any Legacy) but prevent them from playing cards
> that require the parent clan? That would reflect the culture gap, and
> allow for some new mechanisms, while keeping them in the parent clan
> for purposes of benefiting from clan specific cards (even if they can't
> play them).
>
> Is that too weird? It seems to fit the mechanics they've used before.

Or they could use the sect "LAIBON" instead of "CAMARILLA", "SABBAT" or
"INDEPENDENT"

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 9:22:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Orpheus wrote:

> I love the idea of Ebony Kingdom, and already know what my biggest
> regret will be : not being able to mix it with Bloodlines (I may be
> wrong, but doubt it).

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to mix the library cards from either set
with any one group of crypt cards from one or the other set, though.
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 10:14:26 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:28:51 -0600, "XZealot"
<x_zealot@brucefoodsla.com> wrote:

><deqlan@sanguinis.net> wrote in message
>news:1110576215.536827.193470@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>>> So whatwould be the correct way to do it, in your opinion?
>>
>> You didn't ask me, but I'll chime in anyway. I'd say the best way to
>> handle it would be to make a new trait: "Legacy: (legacy name)". That
>> way, you can tack them on to the existing/corresponding clans without
>> having to add whole new bloodlines.
>>
>> Perhaps the Legacy trait would allow them to play cards that require a
>> specific Legacy (or any Legacy) but prevent them from playing cards
>> that require the parent clan? That would reflect the culture gap, and
>> allow for some new mechanisms, while keeping them in the parent clan
>> for purposes of benefiting from clan specific cards (even if they can't
>> play them).
>>
>> Is that too weird? It seems to fit the mechanics they've used before.
>
>Or they could use the sect "LAIBON" instead of "CAMARILLA", "SABBAT" or
>"INDEPENDENT"

I think that's easier to deal with.

Don't know if there's some type of "thematical contuinity" when
designing expansions, but if such a thing like this exists, Legacies
of Blood is to be a sort of bloodlines expansion. Getting the
legacies' vampires to integrate with other clans for anything other
than discipline spread (and new "legacies disciplines" with an
outferior) somewhat messes up with future expansions planning,
specially considering the grouping rule.

Say, having the Ishtarri (Toreador legacy) to benefit from, say,
Toreador Grand Ball could lead to trouble. The Ishtarri would need to
be considered when rounding out numbers for group 4 Toreador.

What I'm really curious is if we'll get full crypts for the four
legacies to be represented in starters or they'll all be treated as
bloodlines - so the starters would be somewhat like the Baali one,
with 4 to 5 legacy vampires mixed with some other clans.

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Clan Newsletter Editor
-----------------------------------------------------
V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/
March 12, 2005 5:40:41 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

deqlan@sanguinis.net a écrit :
>>So whatwould be the correct way to do it, in your opinion?
>
>
> You didn't ask me, but I'll chime in anyway. I'd say the best way to
> handle it would be to make a new trait: "Legacy: (legacy name)". That
> way, you can tack them on to the existing/corresponding clans without
> having to add whole new bloodlines.
>
> Perhaps the Legacy trait would allow them to play cards that require a
> specific Legacy (or any Legacy) but prevent them from playing cards
> that require the parent clan? That would reflect the culture gap, and
> allow for some new mechanisms, while keeping them in the parent clan
> for purposes of benefiting from clan specific cards (even if they can't
> play them).
>
> Is that too weird? It seems to fit the mechanics they've used before.

And other vampires could become Laibon but they would have to be of
african descent... Theo Bell in the Jungle, anyone ? ;-) [absolutely no
racism involved, as anyone knowing me knows for sure]

Seriously, it will be fun to see so many black faces, after all the
whites of all the other extensions. Hope the pictures won't fall into
too much stereotypes ; also, pick your artists with care : many (and
some from previous extensions) just do white traits with some brown
colours, or plain caricatures, and fail to get what makes an african
look different from a caucasian. Well, as long as we don't get a french
extension with beret-only vampires... B-D

I love the idea of Ebony Kingdom, and already know what my biggest
regret will be : not being able to mix it with Bloodlines (I may be
wrong, but doubt it).

Orpheus
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 1:18:47 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

There's a new announcement :)  there would be Ahrimanes, Blood Brothers
and Samedis in this expansion :D 
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 6:50:28 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

I hear Ian Forestal and Mata Hari are currently in Africa researching
the new stuff they can use :) 
!