[DECK] Enkidu's herd

Deck Name: Enkidu's herd
Created By: smiling tom
raptor-earth meld-psyche. With 3-4 hand damage it might be quite easy to
torporize vampires without cards in their hands

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 20, Max: 44, Avg: 7,91)
5 Enkidu for ANI CEL OBF POT PRO 11 Gangrel Antitribu
1 Bobby Lemon pro ANI 4 Gangrel
1 Celeste Lamontagne for ANI PRO 5 Gangrel Antitribu
1 Lord Ashton for pro ANI 5 Gangrel
1 Janey Pickman for ANI PRO 6 Gangrel Antitribu
1 Sophia Watson obf pro ANI FOR 6 Gangrel
2 Doyle Fincher aus for obf ANI PRO 7 Gangrel Antitribu

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (11 cards)
4 Blood Doll
1 Campground Hunting Ground
1 Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
1 Fame
1 Path of Lilith, The
1 Path of the Feral Heart, The
1 Perfectionist
1 Rack, The
1 Talons of the Dead

Action (2 cards)
1 Army of Rats
1 Tier of Souls

Action Modifier (5 cards)
5 Freak Drive

Reaction (13 cards)
5 Cats` Guidance
8 Forced Awakening

Combat (44 cards)
4 Body Flare
2 Claws of the Dead
8 Earth Meld
4 Flesh of Marble
6 Pack Alpha
8 Psyche!
2 Quick Meld
4 Skin of Steel
6 Taste of Vitae

Retainer (9 cards)
1 Owl Companion
8 Raptor

Event (1 cards)
1 Dragonbound

Combo (4 cards)
4 Swallowed by the Night
12 answers Last reply
More about deck enkidu herd

    "Smiling Tom" wrote

    > Deck Name: Enkidu's herd
    > Created By: smiling tom
    > raptor-earth meld-psyche. With 3-4 hand damage it might be quite easy to
    > torporize vampires without cards in their hands

    > Library: (90 cards)
    > -------------------
    > Master (11 cards)
    > 4 Blood Doll
    > 1 Campground Hunting Ground
    > 1 Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
    > 1 Fame
    > 1 Path of Lilith, The
    > 1 Path of the Feral Heart, The
    > 1 Perfectionist
    > 1 Rack, The
    > 1 Talons of the Dead

    quick thoughts on masters - I'd lose the path as only 6 cards that use it.
    Add in a Heidleberg as it combos very well with Raptors and blood gain with
    Carvers. Also a 2nd Carvers would be a lot better than HG imo, hate them :o)

    Rob

    "Rob Treasure" <robtreasure'remove'@ntlworld.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > "Smiling Tom" wrote
    >
    > > Deck Name: Enkidu's herd
    > > Created By: smiling tom
    > > raptor-earth meld-psyche. With 3-4 hand damage it might be quite easy to
    > > torporize vampires without cards in their hands
    >
    > > Library: (90 cards)
    > > -------------------
    > > Master (11 cards)
    > > 4 Blood Doll
    > > 1 Campground Hunting Ground
    > > 1 Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
    > > 1 Fame
    > > 1 Path of Lilith, The
    > > 1 Path of the Feral Heart, The
    > > 1 Perfectionist
    > > 1 Rack, The
    > > 1 Talons of the Dead
    >
    > quick thoughts on masters - I'd lose the path as only 6 cards that use it.
    > Add in a Heidleberg as it combos very well with Raptors and blood gain
    with
    > Carvers. Also a 2nd Carvers would be a lot better than HG imo, hate them
    :o)

    > Rob

    I'll do so in regard of dropping the path, for a guardian angel amybe since
    the inf for of enkidu makes it vulnerable to aggro poking (can't add
    elemental stoicism due to that, which was my initial thought), and will
    replace the HG for a Heidelberg, yes. But adding a 2nd carvers... not sure,
    since I do not face weenies in every game. After thinking this deck a bit
    more, I think it's the right deck to stack the thirst&nightmares upon
    nightmares pack.

    Rebuild

    Deck Name: Enkidu`s herd
    Created By: tom

    Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 20, Max: 44, Avg: 7,91)
    5 Enkidu for ANI CEL OBF POT PRO 11 Gangrel Antitribu
    1 Bobby Lemon pro ANI 4 Gangrel
    1 Celeste Lamontagne for ANI PRO 5 Gangrel Antitribu
    1 Lord Ashton for pro ANI 5 Gangrel
    1 Janey Pickman for ANI PRO 6 Gangrel Antitribu
    1 Sophia Watson obf pro ANI FOR 6 Gangrel
    2 Doyle Fincher aus for obf ANI PRO 7 Gangrel Antitribu

    Library: (90 cards)
    -------------------
    Master (12 cards)
    4 Blood Doll
    1 Fame
    2 Guardian Angel // I think this are vital, to avoid swarm targetting due
    to the red list condition
    1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
    1 Path of Lilith, The
    1 Perfectionist
    1 Rack, The
    1 Talons of the Dead

    Action (1 cards)
    1 Army of Rats

    Action Modifier (4 cards)
    4 Freak Drive

    Reaction (14 cards)
    6 Cats` Guidance
    8 Forced Awakening

    Combat (43 cards)
    4 Body Flare
    2 Claws of the Dead
    8 Earth Meld
    4 Flesh of Marble
    5 Pack Alpha
    8 Psyche!
    2 Quick Meld
    4 Skin of Steel
    6 Taste of Vitae

    Retainer (9 cards)
    1 Owl Companion
    8 Raptor

    Event (3 cards)
    1 Dragonbound
    1 Nightmares upon Nightmares
    1 Thirst

    Combo (4 cards)
    4 Swallowed by the Night

    Smiling Tom wrote:
    > raptor-earth meld-psyche. With 3-4 hand damage it might be quite easy to
    > torporize vampires without cards in their hands

    But it might be hard to torporize vamps with a .44 Magnum in their hand.
    You have almost no maneuvers and only 4 (expensive) Body Flares. How
    about relying more on the DotB/FoM angle?

    --
    johannes walch

    "Johannes Walch" <johannes.walch@vekn.de> escribió en el mensaje
    > Smiling Tom wrote:
    > > raptor-earth meld-psyche. With 3-4 hand damage it might be quite easy to
    > > torporize vampires without cards in their hands
    >
    > But it might be hard to torporize vamps with a .44 Magnum in their hand.
    > You have almost no maneuvers and only 4 (expensive) Body Flares. How
    > about relying more on the DotB/FoM angle?
    >
    > --
    > johannes walch

    Keep in mind the press granted by inferior psyche!. I did so because, well,
    I don't want to rely on a card I ought to pack several copies of just for
    "what if". Without Flesh of Marble, being hit for 2 at close isn't a good
    idea, and playing both cards in every combat against a given player... But I
    might add some canine hordes instead of 2 body flares, and perhaps replace
    both swalloweds for 2 quick melds or flashes, want to test it first. The
    same goes for the earth melds, packing 2 form of mist instead of 2 earth
    meld might be good too. What to do against tremeres is also something I
    ought think of: A single weather control and the whole strategy is sunk.

    Smiling Tom wrote:
    > Keep in mind the press granted by inferior psyche!. I did so because, well,
    > I don't want to rely on a card I ought to pack several copies of just for
    > "what if". Without Flesh of Marble, being hit for 2 at close isn't a good
    > idea, and playing both cards in every combat against a given player...

    Being hit for 2 by a Magnum at long range before you can press isn´t a
    better idea either. And you might not have 7 raptors so quick so he
    might have another maneuver (or a counterpress and a Psyche superior)
    for the next round.

    > But I
    > might add some canine hordes instead of 2 body flares, and perhaps replace
    > both swalloweds for 2 quick melds or flashes, want to test it first. The
    > same goes for the earth melds, packing 2 form of mist instead of 2 earth
    > meld might be good too. What to do against tremeres is also something I
    > ought think of: A single weather control and the whole strategy is sunk.

    Canine horde sounds good, didn´t see the swallowed that´s another
    maneuver. Against Tremere? Well I suggest DotB and a bunch of Disarms.
    Disarm is a good option for the deck anyway, because you don´t need to
    empty them to torporize AND more than often you might be able to hit for
    more than them even without any prevention. You might respond that aggro
    hand is better in this case, but I disagree because the permamnent -
    hand damage if the pop out again combines really nicely with the DotB.
    And while we are at it you can also add some Immortal Grapple else they
    might just S:CE in the second combat (you have to strike first when you
    are attacking, so they can alway wait for your Earth Meld). That leads
    to dropping the whole Eearth Meld/Psyche! angle and rely on Freak
    Drive/Forced March and Stealth for untapping probably juiced up by 2-3
    Fortitude Masters. The combat module would then be
    FoM,DotB,IG,Disarm,Tast of Vitae plus some various fun you want to have ;-)

    --
    johannes walch

    > Canine horde sounds good, didn´t see the swallowed that´s another
    > maneuver. Against Tremere? Well I suggest DotB and a bunch of Disarms.
    > Disarm is a good option for the deck anyway, because you don´t need to
    > empty them to torporize AND more than often you might be able to hit for
    > more than them even without any prevention. You might respond that aggro
    > hand is better in this case, but I disagree because the permamnent -
    > hand damage if the pop out again combines really nicely with the DotB.
    > And while we are at it you can also add some Immortal Grapple else they
    > might just S:CE in the second combat (you have to strike first when you
    > are attacking, so they can alway wait for your Earth Meld). That leads
    > to dropping the whole Eearth Meld/Psyche! angle and rely on Freak
    > Drive/Forced March and Stealth for untapping probably juiced up by 2-3
    > Fortitude Masters. The combat module would then be
    > FoM,DotB,IG,Disarm,Tast of Vitae plus some various fun you want to have
    ;-)

    > --
    > johannes walch

    Disarms!! How could I forgot them? umph. I'll add 4 copies, for sure.
    Against weather control I guess that weather control is the only way to go.
    But they might block me either, so... gotta deal with it.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Smiling Tom" <tmadico@almadrava.net> wrote in message

    > Action (2 cards)
    > 1 Army of Rats
    > 1 Tier of Souls

    I would get nervous playing a deck with only two action cards, I find low
    action cards to be a little reactive or restrictive, particularly with
    combat oriented decks. I feel combat oriented decks need a more secure
    method of getting into combat with your prey rather than bleed and hope they
    do not have bleed reductions, redirects etc which doesn't get you where you
    want to go.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Nvim" <nvim@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

    > "Smiling Tom" <tmadico@almadrava.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> Action (2 cards)
    >> 1 Army of Rats
    >> 1 Tier of Souls
    >
    > I would get nervous playing a deck with only two action cards, I find low
    > action cards to be a little reactive or restrictive, particularly with
    > combat oriented decks. I feel combat oriented decks need a more secure
    > method of getting into combat with your prey rather than bleed and hope
    > they do not have bleed reductions, redirects etc which doesn't get you
    > where you want to go.
    you mean like:

    Enkidu, The Noah
    Clan: Gangrel antitribu (group 4)
    Capacity: 11
    Disciplines: ANI CEL OBF POT PRO for
    Sabbat. Red List: Enkidu can enter combat with any minion as a (D) action.
    If Enkidu successfully performs an action to employ a retainer, he untaps at
    the end of the turn. He cannot have or use equipment. +2 strength.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Jeroen Rombauts" <jeroen.rombouts@NOSPAMtelenet.be> wrote in message

    > you mean like:
    >
    > Enkidu, The Noah
    > Clan: Gangrel antitribu (group 4)
    > Capacity: 11
    > Disciplines: ANI CEL OBF POT PRO for
    > Sabbat. Red List: Enkidu can enter combat with any minion as a (D) action.
    > If Enkidu successfully performs an action to employ a retainer, he untaps
    > at the end of the turn. He cannot have or use equipment. +2 strength.

    Yep, I know about Enkidu but 7 of the 12 vampires do not have that ability.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Nvim wrote:

    > Yep, I know about Enkidu but 7 of the 12 vampires do not have that ability.

    This is what is known as a "Superstar" deck--a deck that revolves around a
    single vampire. The theory is that you get out Enkidu (and with 5 in the
    crypt, you have a, what, 92% chance of drawing him in your openeing crypt),
    and Enkidu does everything you need to do. The other vampires only exist to:

    A) Bleed for one when Enkidu kills the defenders.
    B) Rescue Enkidu from Torpor.
    C) Block or play reaction cards.

    The deck doesn't *need* actions, as Enkidu comes with the action he needs.

    Well, in theory, at least.

    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "How does this end?"
    "In fire."
    Emperor Turhan and Kosh
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Peter D Bakija" <pdb6@lightlink.com> wrote in message
    > Nvim wrote:
    >
    >> Yep, I know about Enkidu but 7 of the 12 vampires do not have that
    >> ability.
    >
    > This is what is known as a "Superstar" deck--a deck that revolves around a
    > single vampire. The theory is that you get out Enkidu (and with 5 in the
    > crypt, you have a, what, 92% chance of drawing him in your openeing
    > crypt),
    > and Enkidu does everything you need to do. The other vampires only exist
    > to:
    >
    > A) Bleed for one when Enkidu kills the defenders.
    > B) Rescue Enkidu from Torpor.
    > C) Block or play reaction cards.
    >
    > The deck doesn't *need* actions, as Enkidu comes with the action he needs.
    >
    > Well, in theory, at least.
    >

    > Peter D Bakija
    > pdb6@lightlink.com
    > http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
    >
    > "How does this end?"
    > "In fire."
    > Emperor Turhan and Kosh

    Yeah, never thought there would be a problem getting one Enkidu out, I guess
    I am not a huge 'Superstar' deck fan. Knowing my luck my first 7 crypt
    cards would be the non-Enkidu vampires.

Video Games