[LSJ] Samuel Haight and Rutor's Hand

Samuel Haight [KMW:R]
Cardtype: Ally

Cost: 5 pool

Unique werewolf with 4 life. 3 strength, 0 bleed.
Once each action, Samuel may burn a life to get +1 bleed. He may steal
equipment as a strike. He may play cards requiring basic Celerity
[cel] or basic Thaumaturgy [tha] as a vampire. Any vampire may call a
referendum to make Samuel become Red List as a +1 stealth political
action. If Samuel has less than 4 life during your untap phase, he
gains 1 life from the blood bank.

Rutor's Hand [DS:C, CE:pTr, KMW:pB3]
Cardtype: Action

Cost: 1 blood

Discipline: Thaumaturgy

+1 stealth action.
[tha] Put this card on the acting vampire. The vampire takes 1
aggravated damage (damage not preventable). Beginning with your next
turn, the vampire gets one additional untap during each of your minion
phases for the remainder of the game. A vampire can have only 1
Rutor's Hand.
[THA] As above, but this acting vampire may prevent the aggravated
damage by burning 3 additional blood.
------------------------------------

I notice that Samuel doesn't have the normal "any cost in blood is
paid with life, if a card would gain blood gain life" type of text.
Is this now implicit in the "as a vampire" wording?
Assuming yes, I take it he can get a Rutor's Hand paying 1 life for
the cost and 1 life for the aggravated damage.
But can he use the untap ability in subsequent turns? ("the vampire
gets...")
Are there any official rulings to clarify this anywhere (couldn't see
it in the new KMW Rulebook, and the only usegroup article I could find
didn't really say: 'google: "as a vampire" author:lsj').

Thanks,

A.

Yes, it should be implicit in the "as a vampire" wording. See section
1.6.3 of the online rulebook.

No he can't use the untap ability because he is not a vampire, again
see section 1.6.3 of the online rulebook.

Archie
http://www.vekn.nu

"DragonBear" <drag0nbear@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:3019dc10.0503160358.308e9ee0@posting.google.com...
> Samuel Haight [KMW:R]
> Cardtype: Ally
>
> Cost: 5 pool
>
> Unique werewolf with 4 life. 3 strength, 0 bleed.
> Once each action, Samuel may burn a life to get +1 bleed. He may steal
> equipment as a strike. He may play cards requiring basic Celerity
> [cel] or basic Thaumaturgy [tha] as a vampire. Any vampire may call a
> referendum to make Samuel become Red List as a +1 stealth political
> action. If Samuel has less than 4 life during your untap phase, he
> gains 1 life from the blood bank.
>
> Rutor's Hand [DS:C, CE:pTr, KMW:pB3]
> Cardtype: Action
>
> Cost: 1 blood
>
> Discipline: Thaumaturgy
>
> +1 stealth action.
> [tha] Put this card on the acting vampire. The vampire takes 1
> aggravated damage (damage not preventable). Beginning with your next
> turn, the vampire gets one additional untap during each of your minion
> phases for the remainder of the game. A vampire can have only 1
> Rutor's Hand.
> [THA] As above, but this acting vampire may prevent the aggravated
> damage by burning 3 additional blood.
> ------------------------------------
>
> I notice that Samuel doesn't have the normal "any cost in blood is
> paid with life, if a card would gain blood gain life" type of text.
> Is this now implicit in the "as a vampire" wording?

Yes.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/rulebook.html#sec1_6_3

> Assuming yes, I take it he can get a Rutor's Hand paying 1 life for
> the cost and 1 life for the aggravated damage.
> But can he use the untap ability in subsequent turns? ("the vampire
> gets...")

No, since he is not "the vampire".

> Are there any official rulings to clarify this anywhere (couldn't see
> it in the new KMW Rulebook, and the only usegroup article I could find
> didn't really say: 'google: "as a vampire" author:lsj').

The rulebook section cited above clarifies it.

--
LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/